Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
megane
Jun 20, 2008

Anastaise Lumière, the Shadow
Hot +2, Cold -1, Volatile -1, Dark +1
Harm 0/4 XP 3/5 Screamer, Heartless

Alex finally comes back and holy poo poo is he gonna check out Ali too? Like, right there in front of me? Ugh. Bitch is lucky he's hot. I did not just think that.

Also: gently caress me, the more the merrier? What a piece of poo poo! "Thanks, but I think we're doin' just fine, thank you," I sniff -- poo poo, I said thanks twice, didn't I? I tap my papers awkwardly on the table, try not to blush, and glance at Ali hopin' for support.

Spending a string on Alex to push his roll back to a 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Ali the Cuckoo
Hot:2x Cold:1x Volatile:-1 Dark:-1
Harm: 0/4 EXP: 3/5 Conditions:

Is he implying what I think he's implying. Not that he's not attractive with those muscles and that tight little rear end of his and those rather intriguing eyes. Focus Ali. you're not that sort of girl. Are you? Still at least the one benefit of my colouring is that I won't be blushing half as bad as Anastaise is poor girl.

giving Alex a string

Still he seems to have flirted with everything female in the classroom today. I think the only woman he hasn't hit on yet was the teacher. Did he not know when to quit? I mean seriously.

"More the merrier for you perhaps, you've done nothing but flirt with everyone all day, why don't you give it a rest?" I replied. I mean yeah he's good looking but would you really want to hook a guy who can't stop fooling around?

[22:08] Ferrosol shutdown
[22:08] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[22:08] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 6+1 = 7

giving Alex the condtiion flirt, he can give me whatever.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jun 12, 2015

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Alex, the Serpentine
Hot 1 Cold: 2 Volatile -1 Dark -1
Harm 0/4 exp: 4/5 Conditions: Flirt

"Flirt?" I do my best to look hurt, and snakes are very good at acting. "I've only been trying to make friends on my first day. It's hard to do it, so I've been trying harder, but I wasn't flirting with anyone. It's okay, though; you're from, what, Syria? I can see why this kind of stuff might look a bit, uh... 'improper', to you, but I promise, I have nothing but honest intentions." Giving Ali the Condition 'Clueless'

Shutting Ali down 2d6+2 11 She loses a string on me

AdjectiveNoun fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jun 12, 2015

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Ali the Cuckoo
Harm: 0/4 EXP: 3/5 Conditions: Clueless

Oh yeah I completely believe him. I'm new and obviously foreign, but I'm not that stupid.

[00:06] Ferrosol holding steady due to lack of geography knowledge
[00:06] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[00:06] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 5+1 = 6

But it was the Syria crack that really got to me. I'm not Syrian, I'm Iraqi, there's a difference and I bet this stupid ignorant but attractive yankee couldn't even tell the difference.

"I'm not Syrian, you idiot I'm Iraqi" I hissed a little too loudly, "you know the country you've spent the last ten years blowing to pieces. But I bet you can't even find it on a map. Hell I'd bet you'd have trouble finding America on a map wouldn't you?"

[00:12] Ferrosol shutting down a dude
[00:12] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[00:12] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 3+1 = 4

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Ali: Simon butts in from a nearby table and says, "Iraq, Syria, Whatever, man. Honestly, those crazies are all just killing each other all the time. Should just turn the place into a parking lot."
He obviously gets a rise out of you and takes a string.

As you leap up to yell at him too, your bag splits and your books fall out. Also, one of the outfits you have from someone else falls out. Which one is it? What do you do?

Alex: Bonnie notices you talking to the other girls, and you see a hint of jealousy with a good bit more disappointment on her face. She thinks she's got you pegged now. What do you do?
Bonnie takes a string on you

Ana, poo poo, Ali's pretty hot under the collar. And, man, Bonnie sure looks heartbroken right now. He must have put the moves on her before, and now she sees that he's just a player... What do you do?

Jamie: you pull Bernie closer to you, just as the Ocean pulls you under.

Bernie and Simon live close to each other, and one day, while they were walking home, they stopped and got lunch together. It had been a pretty lovely day for Bernie, so she vented by Teasing Simon. Simon and Vicky were already on a break, so Simon was more than willing to play along. Eventually, things went further than they both intended, and they ended up back at Simon's house. His parents were working late, and by the time they got home, Bernie was long gone. Bernie wasn't exactly secretive about what happened, and after Vicky found out, Simon and Vicky had a nasty, NASTY fight. They aired all the dirty laundry and stupid grievences they'd built up over a year of time spent together, and afterwards, they both knew they were never getting back together.

Bernie never found out why Simon and Vicky both stopped talking to her.
You gain a string on Simon

You feel the Ocean gradually receding, and you're starting to relax in the pleasant afterglow. However, you have a rude awakening when you're suddenly flung off Bernie when she jumps in surprise at a loud smack as something big hits the tile... You slam into the door and see Jeanine and a cleaning woman both face down on the tile. What do you do?

Jeanine: You come to your senses when you're face down on the bathroom tile. This has happened to you enough that you quickly figure out what's going on. You were entranced by her voice. Again. A cleaning woman, is laying face down on the tile next to you, taking longer to come around. You see Bernie and Jamie in various states of undress and a bag stuffed with papers hanging on the door. What do you do?

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Jeanine Delacroix
Hot 0 Cold: 1 Violatile -1 Dark 2
Harm 0/4 exp: 3/5 Condtions: , shallow, unforgiving

Lost time. Again. She's using her mind twisting within the school now. And other innocents are going to get involved. And who the gently caress knows what she's doing to Bernie. It looks like they were getting together. So why was she using that mind-altering song, unless...

ugh...

Always finding new depths to sink to.

Anyway, there's times to be subtle, lay low and avoid attention. This? Not one of those times.

So I yell out. "WHAT THE gently caress IS GOING ON IN HERE?" in my loudest voice.

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jun 23, 2015

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Magdalene DuRousseau
Hot -1 Cold 2 Volatile 2 Dark -1
Harm 0/4 Exp 2/5 Conditions:

Capfalcon posted:

Maggie, Maddy looks at Jamie and then back at you and says, "Man, she was nice at funeral and all, but that was pretty mean." She looks at you and says, "Well, I guess we're gonna need some help, and thanks to Jamie, we can't ask the teacher. Anyway, I'm new, so who do you think we should ask?" What do you do?

I shrug at Maddy's comment about Jamie.

"Jamie is...she has very changeable moods. No getting around it. That said, if I have learned anything at this school, it is that when you are handed an opportunity to relax, take it. Something will demand our attention soon enough. So, I think we should just kick our heels back and ask for help later if we need it."

I grin wickedly at her. She is...cute, I suppose. I can see what Davis would have seen, with his (delicious) eyes. His easy going, charmingly lecherous manner comes naturally to me for an instant as I stand close to her as if helping with the experiment and speak softly.

Turn on Maddy: 2d6+2 6

"So, tell me some hot gossip. It's been an awful few weeks and I could use a distraction."

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Ali the Cuckoo
Harm: 0/4 EXP: 3/5 Conditions: Clueless

I leapt to my feet. I wasn't about to take that kind of crap from some ignorant American boy Of course my dramatic leap was somewhat ruined by the fact my bag snagged on my chair tearing a great rip in it's side and spilling out my books and Jeanines clothes. Ugh why hadn't I remembered to stuff them in my locker this morning as I originally planned. Still I was able to think fast and glance around. Jeanine must have been taking an awfully long time with her toilet trip but at least she wasn't around to recognise her stolen property. I hadn't meant to borrow them for this long honestly. I'd just not really had much chance to wear them yet, I was going to put them back when I was done.

Still would Luke be able to recognise them him and Jeanine are close but would he know those were her clothes maybe I can distract him and everyone else if I can make a big enough scene.

[23:14] Ferrosol shutdown idiot
[23:14] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[23:14] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 7+1 = 8
[23:14] Ferrosol awesome

"You ignorant racist..... American." I said pronouncing the word with all the venom I can pack into it. "You call us crazy you're the ones who've spent the last three years chasing things that don't exist for reasons no one's bothered explaining properly and what do you have to show for it. Nothing but a small pile of dead ameriicans and an even bigger pile of dead Iraqi's some of them my friends some of them my family and you dare call us crazy. When your home is destroyed because the neighbours three streets over talked to someone who might have had a cousin in Al-Qaeda then you can us crazy until then shut up. "

I hadn't realised how much anger I'd been holding in coming to America had only made it worse, they had so much while we had so little and yet they still wanted what was ours. It felt good to let it all out. Very good.

giving simon the condition Ignorant. He can give me ???

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Jamie Reeves
Hot 0x Cold 3 Volatile -1 Dark 1x

Sigh.

I try to use my eyes to communicate to Bernie to zip up her fly, but she doesn't get it so I just do it myself. Then while I kick the lever to flush the toilet, shoulder my backpack, and go to wash my hands--no paper towels, gotta just wipe them off on my shirt--I try to rid of Nina with words, "Yup, you got me. I didn't really have to use the toilet, I only went to the restroom to be with her. Why? Maybe because my boyfriend died, my other friends ditched me, an annoying bully won't leave me alone, and..." I'm getting worked up, and I don't wanna. If I keep fighting her she might decide to go after my friends or do some other annoying poo poo like hex me again and I'm just not in the mood for that. "Listen, no one's hurting anybody, we aren't smoking, or making a mess... we haven't done anything wrong, so..." , I take my Bernie by the hand and motion for her with the other to get out of our way.

I have to go turn in my lab to Mrs. Devoreaux, and make sure she's taking care of herself.

SD unforgiving nina: 2d6+4 9
We both lose strings. There are none to lose.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

gently caress, this poo poo got way too hot, way too fast. I mean, like, it's just guys bein' douchebags, right? But Ali looks ready to rip Simon's fuckin' head off, and Bonnie's lookin' pissed, and...

poo poo. Okay, Ana, do somethin' before somebody gets the poo poo kicked out of 'em.

"Whoa, Jesus, chill the gently caress out guys." My voice sounds all weak and shakey, even to me. I tug at Ali's sleeve, tryin' to get her to sit back down. "C'mon, Simon, don't be an rear end in a top hat, she's new."

I glance over at Bonnie and give her what I hope is a friendly look, like: boys, right, what the gently caress can you do?

Hold Steady: 2d6-1 8 to keep my cool.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Alex, the Serpentine
Harm 0/4 exp: 4/5 Condtions: Flirt

Okay, overreached my grasp, time to hunker down, chill out, damage control. Maybe not let the classroom of very attractive ladies distract me away from my primary business, and let fun interfere with work. "Dude, I made a mistake. No need to go full retard about it, bro."

Shutting Down Simon 2d6+2 9, giving him the Condition Unfunny

Then while the others deal with that situation, I send Bonnie a quick text:

quote:

Hey, are you okay? I'm just trying to make friends, I'm sorry if i hosed up. : (
Just new to this, and everyone in this class is so sad, I just want to try and get people to have fun again.
Maybe we can get something set up? Like a party or something? I can contribute, but I don't want to gently caress up again, can you help?

Manipulating Bonnie to host something like a party 2d6+1 10 With Temptation, I guess she gets an Advantage since she's an NPC?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Ali and Alex, Simon snorts at the both of you and says, "Yeah, I'm not gonna lose any sleep over a buncha terrorist sympathizers getting what's coming to 'em."
He gives Ali foreigner

As Alex wanders off to play with his phone, Luke, for his part, doesn't seem to notice Jeanine's clothes and just tries to get between the two of you, saying, "Man, Simon, what the gently caress got in to you? Just calm down, bro"
Simon glares back at the two of you and says, "Look, I get this guy," he jerks his thumb at Alex, "Tripping over himself to try and get into the girls' pants, but I thought you were more of a one girl kind of man, Luke?" Then he slaps his forehead in mock realization, "Oh, of course. That's why you're leaping to her defense. I mean, we all know that you like your girls a bit more exo-"
He gives Alex horndog.

He doesn't get to finish, because that's when Luke socks Simon right in the mouth. Welp! Simon falls to the ground, blood dripping from his mouth as he looks up in shock. Shock which is quickly turning into anger. What do you do?

Ana, Bonnie catches your glance and smiles, walking over to you. She says, "Hey, we haven't talked much since the... dance." She frowns, realizing that she probably shouldn't have brought the dance up to you. Hurridly, she tries to salvage the situation by adding, "So... what have you been up to lately?" Her phone buzzes, and she sighs when she sees Alex pecking away at his phone. She reads it and shows it to you, saying, "I dunno. It doesn't sound like a bad idea, right? Would you want to help out too?"

Then, Luke socks Simon right in the mouth! Welp! What do you do?

Maggie, she giggles for a moment and says, "Man, you sound just like him. You'd have gotten along with him pretty well, I imagine." She grows distant for a moment before jerking out of her reverie, saying, "Oh! Uh, sorry about that. It's still just hard to believe that he's really gone, you know?"
She takes a string on you.

She adds, changing the subject, "Oh! You heard about that Bonnie girl over there? Her family keeps trying to set her up with guys at all the fancy high society things, but she keeps turning them all down. Isn't that weird? Them setting her up with all those guys from the "right" families, I mean. It's like something from the middle ages!"

Then, Luke socks Simon right in the mouth. Welp! What do you do?

Jamie and Jeanine, the two of you stare each other down as the cleaning lady rises to her feet. Outside, you hear several sets of pounding footfalls, and eventually, the cleaning lady, still dazed, rises to her feet and mumbles, "Where am I?"

Mrs. Devoreaux, who appears to have pulled herself together enough to look somewhat presentable, enters the bathroom while the voice of Brother Alston outside, calls, "What happened? Is everything ok?"
Mrs. Devoreaux looks at the three of you and then at the dazed cleaning lady, then turns to Jeanine asking, "What happened? Why were you yelling?"

What do you do?

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Jeanine Delacroix

I do not get out of the door, blocking Jamie's exit.

Alright. Remember. You're just a student who dislikes Jamie, but has no knowledge of any supernatural things. Should I mention the song thing. I got a witness. But I would probably need more evidence to really make it stick. Best go for the the thing that can be believed.

"No, everything is not okay. I was going into the bathroom, and suddenly, I got this gap in my memory. And when I wake up, these two look like they've just used the public bathroom as their gently caress-booth. And she then just tells me 'they do nothing wrong' This is a public place for gently caress's sake."

I raise my voice loud enough for Brother Alston to hear. Let's see how much hot water we can get Jamie in.

Call out Jamie on her poo poo: 2d6+1 10: Remove String of Jamie on Brother Alston

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jun 23, 2015

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Ali the Cuckoo
Harm: 0/4 EXP: 3/5 Conditions: Clueless, Foreigner

Oh Allah, this was all my fault. If I'd have just kept my mouth shut and not said anything none of this would've happened instead for attempting to conceal my sin i'd just condemned another to be punished in my stead. I had to get away before I hurt someone else. I hurriedly grabbed my books and the clothes and ran out of the classroom tears streaming down my face. If only I hadn't said anything.

Running away
[17:57] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[17:57] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8-1 = 7
Making a scene

I just pushed people out of the way. I didn't care where I was going I just had to get out of here. Right now.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Jamie Reeves

She wants me to tell the truth? Fine.

I save my breath, help Grace the cleaning lady up, and turn in my and Bern's lab reports while I wait for Brother Alston to arrive, and then I tell them all about Jeanine and me. Only I have evidence, that I've put all on one of my phones in case this ever happened. So he, Mrs. Devoreaux, Bernie, and Grace the janitor all get to hear the whole story: we used to be friends, I found out she's a witch (see photo), she found out I'm gay (Bern can corroborate), we used to prowl around at night with Toby (various texts), she knew the stalker who choked me last week, she tried to blackmail me (see texts), she sent Toby to try to beat us both up when I fought back (see photo). Hitchcock, Toby, and Jeanine were all co-conspirators in hate crimes. Sex and marriage are illegal, but being gay isn't, and people get extra time for loving with us because we're gay. My heart hurts after reliving it all, and I look up at the Madam's lover through teary eyes and beg him, "Jack--" no, I can't call him Jackie, that's her name for him-- "please. She said you would protect me. I don't wanna go to the cops."

Manipulate Lawsuit Bait Jackie: 2d6+1 7

megane
Jun 20, 2008

"Oh... hi, Bonnie. Have you met Ali?" I tear my eyes away from glarin' at Simon's smug rear end and give her a watery smile. Stings, but, you know, can't let her see that. She's just tryin' to be friendly. Bonnie -- like, she can be kinda insensitive or whatever, but she seems nice otherwise. And like... I should try and get over it, right? Move on? So I'm gonna try and switch tracks from bein' pissed at the guys and talk to her like a normal fuckin' human being.

So even though I know it's probably a bad idea, I find myself agreein' to help her with the party. "Nah, it could - it could be fun. Get everybody's mind off of - you know. Give me a call and I'll help; it's a promise, okay? Uh, Ali, you'll come, right?" I turn to her and holy poo poo Luke!

I jump to my feet as Ali bolts for the door in tears. "gently caress!" I shout, maybe just a little too loud. What the crap has gotten into people today? Should I like... try to stop the fight? It suddenly strikes me how much bigger Luke and Simon are than I am. They wouldn't hit me if I like, tried to... would they? Maybe I should go after Ali, but...

...no, okay, I just scoot back a bit to get out of their way, pullin' Bonnie next to me. Luke and Simon are bein' idiotic and childish and I am definitely only watchin' it out of disgust and not at all 'cause I'm gonna enjoy seein' these assholes beat the poo poo out of each other. I mean, obviously if they look like they're gonna really hurt each other I'll intervene. Obviously. But like, if they get a few bruises, well, they've got that poo poo comin', right?

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Alex, the Serpentine
Harm 0/4 exp: 4/5 Condtions: Flirt, Horndog

Nothing much to see here - I step away from the brawling idiots, so I don't get caught up in their poo poo, and just watch the show - when I'm not glancing over at Bonnie and Ana, that is, waiting for Bonnie to reply, one way or the other...

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Jamie and Jeanine - Brother Alston listens intently to Jamie's story. Once it's done, he says, in a cold voice, "Neither of you move." He steps outside to converse with Mrs. Devoreaux and the cleaning lady for a moment.

Once he's done talking with them, he reenters the room and places a hand on Jamie's shoulder and says, gently, "Miss Jamie. I know you've had some very traumatic experiences as of late, and I'm quite sympathetic to that. I feel I have given you quite a lot of slack that I wouldn't have extended to other students. For instance, you've skipped Saturday school, and I have allowed you to skate on that. I have nothing against you or your, ah..., friends, either."

He sighs, continuing, "However, I think you need to step back for a moment and really consider what happened. You have a picture of Miss Jeanine smoking, some bullying texts, and some casual acquaintances. Her being a witch is clearly ridiculous. I mean, really." He chuckles at the thought.

He continues, saying, "As for Miss Jeanine's poor choices in acquaintances, there's nothing I can do about that, other than keep a close eye on her. And as you said, you yourself were friends with that Toby boy before you nearly cracked his skull in the middle of the classroom. Although..." He trails off, staring at the picture of Toby's choking Maggie.

He brushes it off before adding, "I am afraid I do have to give you and your friend here," gesturing to Bernie, "detention. Irrespective of gender, it's clearly against the rules to use bathrooms for make-outs."

He wheels around, saying, "Don't think you're getting off scot free Miss Jeanine. I doubt you're quite as blameless in this situation as you'd like me to think. So, you'll have be in detention for the bullying that I can confirm from her texts. Separate rooms, of course. And like I said, I'll be keeping my eye on you."

He finishes saying, "Miss Devereaux, why don't you escort Miss Jamie to the councilor while I make sure Miss Jenaine and Miss Berine here make it back to class."
What do you do?

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT, FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

Yep, blood has been spilled, and now the chanting class forms up in a circle around the two boys. Luke doesn't move to attack Simon until he gets back to his feet, but Simon springs at Luke's legs. They're rolling around on the floor, but Luke gets in a few good punches while they're rolling.
Luke is at one harm and Simon is at two

Alex, Bonnie's eyes don't leave the boys as she texts Alex, "Can't you, like, stop them?" She then looks over at you, eyes silently pleading. What do you do?

Anastaise, as Ali leaves, you notice that a bunch of Jeanine's clothes fell out of her bag. You already walked in on Ali trying her transformation mojo before, so you know what they're for. Does it bother you that she might be turning into other people without their permission? And who asks you to help stop the fight? What do you do?

Ali, as you're running through the halls, Ms. Georgia Lamb stops you. She looks concerned, saying, "Oh, you poor thing. Why don't you come into my office, and we'll talk about what happened."

In your state, she doesn't take no for an answer. Once she's got you seated, she starts talking, asking questions like "So is it hard for you to get used to it here?" or "How are you dealing with homesickness?" What does she suggest that sounds like a good idea? What do you let slip that you didn't want to say?

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Jeanine Delacroix

"Wait. What?"

Maybe I should leave it at this. But gently caress it, the fish is getting away with far too much here. "Let me get this clear. Jamie here is throwing these paranoid delusions around. She thinks Toby, that man in the park and I are in some sort of homophobic witchcraft conspiracy. She killed one in alleged self-defense. She almost killed Toby last week, and he might just be dying in a ditch somewhere because of that. But you're gonna keep a close eye on me. And why? Because she says I was close to the one that attacked her, which I wasn't. because Toby attacked her in confusion after a drat concussion, while I was trying to stop him, and you, Brother Aston, decided the one who was trying to calm Toby down and get him to a hospital needed to get stuck in detention."

"I'm glad you think a violent student having these delusions about me is funny Brother Alston. But hey, why am I surprised? Beating up students, skipping saturday class, accusations of witchcraft.... Jamie gets to do whatever the hell she wants in this school. Oh, sorry, except bathroom make-outs, Jamie gets to do whatever she wants in this school. But then, why should you care? It's just another dead black kid. Nobody gives a poo poo about that in New Orleans."

Shut Down Brother Alston lawsuit bait: 2d6+1 10 Gain a string on Brother Alston Edit: Actually, looking at the string sheet, he had a string on me, so that one goes away instead.

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jun 23, 2015

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Ali the Cuckoo
Harm: 0/4 EXP: 3/5 Conditions: Clueless, Foreigner

I just ran. I don't know how long for or where I was going I just wanted to be away from all the problems I'd caused. All because I didn't want the world to know the truth I was a thief and a liar. People were going to be in trouble and it was all going to be my fault. I could feel the tears still stream down my face. After a while though I had to stop and catch my breath. I'm not that athletic. By then I didn't have a clue who where I was. Although that was no great surprise my brothers used to tease me saying I could get lost going from my bedroom to the bathroom. I'm not that bad honest! but the school was still that new and confusing I didn't have the slightest idea where I was. Some sort of offices from what I could tell. I slowed down and ended up walking around a corner when I almost walked into her.

I thought she was just another teacher and sort of cowered back even though a part of me wanted to be yelled at for what I'd done. She must've seen my flinch and well she did the last thing I expected She all but dragged me into her office. I thought I was in serious trouble but she was really nice! I mean the office was cramped and pretty much every available surface was piled high with leaflets and other bits of paper. She sat me down and handed me a glass of water and some tissues and then when I'd composed myself started asking me a lot of questions. "Why was I crying?" I explained that well I'd let someone get to me and then kinda sorta let my mouth run away from me and how I'd ran away because I just couldn't bear to see someone get hurt because of me. I explained about how they'd started fighting. But she didn't seem interested in that because she started asking me if I felt homesick and how I was fitting in? Truth be told I was a little homesick I knew how things worked there everything was simpler and my family were respected. Here we were forced to live off the charity of others in a strange place where everything was so different. Even the people I tried explaining it to the nice woman about how much of a shock it had been to see boys and girls in the same classroom, to see all these strange religious art everywhere, even the way people addressed each other. How I felt kind of alone and Isolated and how everything about the school was all so wrong, no not wrong exactly although I struggled to find the words I was looking for so different maybe? but it's me that's going to have to change isn't it? I mean that's what I am now right a thing that changes that's my blessing and my curse. Not that I could explain that to the nice lady in front of me. She'd probably think I was insane or something if she heard me admit that. If someone had told me that I'd be sceptical too.

She was a really good listener though, and she said something that sounds like a really good idea. She suggested I join an after-school club or society or something, Somewhere I could get to know my fellow students a little better in a more informal setting than the classroom. Somewhere I might even make a few friends she suggested gently to make me feel less isolated. That's not actually a bad idea. She also said it was the sort of thing that colleges looked on favourably if I wanted to continue later. I promised her I'd look into it maybe I could find something. Having someone to talk to really did make me feel better. When she asked me if there was anything else, I felt I needed help with.

[22:50] Ferrosol it's a secret, hold steady
[22:50] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[22:50] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 10+1 = 11
removing clueless

"Well there's one thing---" I managed to say. Although by this point I'd managed to calm down and feel a bit better and more in control and I don't think I blushed too much. "boys" I managed to say. That started another round of questions "Had they been harassing me making inappropriate remarks or anything like that? "no no it's just--" I paused "I think some of them were interested in me, and I'm not sure how to respond." Truth be told if it wasn't for my skin colour I'd probably be blushing bright red about now. She smiled back at me and said "If I had a dollar for every student who'd told me they had that problem I'd be a very rich woman." "I can't really help you with that. It's not my job and you'll have to find your own answers." I can't believe I'd let that slip to a complete stanger, talk about embarrassing, I'm just glad she found it more amusing than anything else.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Alex, the Serpentine

I roll my eyes. Fine, but only to get back in her good graces. And only so long as I don't get hurt in the process. Raising my voice, above the din of FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT, I call out:

"God's sake, you two jackasses want Alston to come here and see what's making all this racket? Settle this poo poo later!"

Manipulating NPC 2d6+1 7

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Alex, they stop for a second, and both look up at you, unsure of what they're doing. The chanting dies down, and . You're going to have to pull them apart, and if you do it wrong, you're gonna get smacked. What do you do?
Hold steady to not get smacked

Ali, she lets you talk for a little longer, making sure you've calmed down, before standing up and saying, "All right, I think you've calmed down enough to go back to class. If you still need to talk after school, though, I'll be here." She gives you a smile and walks you out of her office. As you head back to class, you round the corner and see Brother Alton and Mrs. Devereaux running off out of the girls bathroom. Peeking inside the room they ran out of, you see Jeanine, Jamie, and Bernie, all looking upset. The faint chant of FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT reaches your ears from the room. What do you do?

Jeanine and Jamie, the Brother's eyes narrow, and his mouth opens just as a faint chant of "FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT" reaches your ears

He glances back at Mrs. Devereaux, and the question of "If she's here, who's watching her class?" finally occurs to him. Over his shoulder, he yells back at the three of you, "Head back to class, now!" as he runs off, with Mrs. Devereaux close behind him.

Before you can do anything, though Ali pokes her head around the corner inquisitively. What do you do?

From IRC Yesterday:
Monsterhearts: Their animosity is mostly based on misunderstandings

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Jeanine Delacroix

Anger's still running high as he leaves. Might not have been the best move, but gently caress it. Speak truth to power. Well... except for the lies.

However, I should get the hell out of here. When it comes to a physical fight, I'm outnumbered and outgunned. And without witnesses, she just might..

And then I turn around and I spot the new girl. Didn't quite catch how the teacher was butchering her name. "You missed the show." I said, sharper than I intended. Then I hear the noise. "Oh gently caress, what is happening there?"

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Ali the Cuckoo
Harm: 0/4 EXP: 3/5 Conditions: Foreigner

Huh, what was going on in there. I could hear arguing and then saw two of the teachers storm out saying "get back to class now!" I guess that applied to me too I suppose. But it was my curiosity that caused me to put my head around the door first to see what I was missing. I guess that's just the way I am. I recognised Jeanine of course but the other two students who looked oddly dishevelled their names didn't ring a bell. Although one of them was the rude girl from earlier I hadn't caught her name. I caught Jeanine glaring at me and I froze for a moment. Did she know I'd stolen her clothes? I mean I'd had to abandon them when I ran so she could do.

Hold Steady to Jeanine: 2d6+1 8
You keep your cool

Nah, that wasn't a glare at me it was a glare at the world. I wonder what she is angry about. The bad language is unnecessary, but at least I can answer her question. I slumped visibly "It's my fault, they were fighting over me." I added glumly. "Simon is it? started being rude to me and said something horrible. And then Luke hit him. I thought if I left them alone they'd stop fighting, but obviously not." Still judging by the way the other two girls were glaring at Jeanine i'd obviously missed something interesting here as well. "What were you girls even doing in here that had the two teachers involved?" I asked obviously curious and desperate to change the subject from my own mistakes.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Jeanine Delacroix

The moment she tells me Luke is in the fight, I sort of stop listening to what she says. Magdalena is still in that classroom. It is not safe. This school is not safe. "drat it." I curse, and I start running towards the classroom.

Run Away Roll: 2d6-1 8 Run into something worse?

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jun 27, 2015

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Alex, the Serpentine

This could go wrong in so many ways. A teacher could walk in right now and misunderstand; one of these lunkheads could turn on me, and trust me, these muscles are for looks, I couldn't throw a proper punch if my life depended on it. Well, maybe if it did, but definitely not in some stupid classroom brawl. Part of me; most of me just wants to say to hell with it, let the meatheads keep pounding each other and then get their asses kicked by whatever deadbeat teacher decides to show up in all this commotion.

Holding Steady to not get smacked 2d6+2 7 I keep my cool

But the part of me that cares about getting into Bonnie's good graces (for the good of the Family), takes hold, cold-blooded and clinical, as I step between them. "There. That's better."

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Oh Jesus, they're really kickin' the poo poo out of each other! Luke shoves Simon backwards into a desk and gently caress, he's bleeding -

"Ana, do something, he's really hurting him!" I glance back and find Vicky hovering by my shoulder, watching the fight with a lot less enthusiasm than everybody else. poo poo. Her and Simon have been fightin' but I know it sucks to see your boy get hurt, even when he's bein' an idiot. Maybe especially when he's bein' an idiot. Poor girl -- she deserves better than this loser. Frankly Jeanine deserves better than the other loser. I give Vicky a sympathetic look and grab her hand for a moment. Then I turn back toward the fight and whisper-shout, makin' like I'm freakin' out: "Guys, guys, Brother Alston is comin', get lost!" It's not really a lie, I mean he'll certainly show up. You know, when he hears about this. ...man, what kinda loser am I if even that little white lie makes me feel queasy. You owe me one, Vick.

Looks like the new boy is tryin' to get between 'em, hopefully everybody'll get the hint and drag these dumbasses to the nurse's office.

During the commotion, Ali's bag catches my eye; guess she forgot it. So I grab it, you know, to keep it from gettin' stepped on, and it's... full of clothes? Hold on, are these Jeanine's? Yeah, there are those cargo pants she's always wearin'. What the gently caress. I cram the clothes back in and zip it up. Wonder if anybody else saw 'em? I've gotta tell Jeanine about this.

...but maybe I'll talk to Ali about it first.

Manipulate: 2d6+2 14 to get the class to pull them apart.

megane fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jun 24, 2015

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Jamie Reeves

I give the new girl the breakdown without proudly outing anyone this time. I dunno what just happened between my friend and me, after all. Probably just a spur of the moment fling... moment of weakness. I don't wanna mess up anything more permanent than that, so I'm matter of fact, "Oh Jeanine's just a creepy stalker who hates it when I have friends or anything she doesn't, so she sneaks around looking for something to tattle about and get me in trouble. This time she's sure she saw girls sneaking off to the bathroom together to kiss. What an imagination, right? Shoot, back where you're from how much of an insult would it be to go around making accusations about that?" I point at her, and mock tattle, "Ohmygod, girl kisser, off with her lips!" then roll my eyes and conclude, "Anyway, don't ever let her see you get too close to another girl for any reason or you'll be in detention before you know it."

TO Foreigner Ali: 2d6+1 11 since she has a crush on Jeanine and is now thinking about exploiting her status as the girl who cried wolf.

Then I turn to my Bernie, who's in trouble because of me. This sucked. I really don't belong here. It's just like back in the ocean, no matter how quiet I am when I want to be invisible, someone always hears me and comes to make my life hell. I give her our lab reports, and fail to give her a reassuring smile. "Better turn it in. I'm... gonna go home. I'm tired." I mean, if I wanted to learn a lot, I should be in those sunken ships or Beck's study. They had way more books, and the computer. School was boring me, in two senses of the word. Stifling what I really want to do, and drilling holes in me like hungry hagfish. I miss Mags. She wouldn't have stood around like a potato if Jeanine had caught us. She'd say something cool and make her look like the fool she is. Sigh, I just want to get her after school visit with her relative all squared away and get my pelt back ASAP, so we can maybe start over again. Or maybe I'll have to just... let her go...

Which reminds me of something else I want to do. Seeing Maddy again made me think of Davis and my extracurricular monster hunting job. It was a closed casket funeral, I suspect foul play, and Amphitrite hinted to me that there were ways to contact him if I truly grieved his loss. Wanting revenge wasn't enough though. I'd have to shed tears for him, and have a gift to barter with his spirit for the information. I'm thinking a dance, and if he wants more, like he did on our date... well, he's gone. And he was my friend. And maybe I want a little piece of him to carry around with me, like Beck with my blood.

I make the calls or the trip to Bouvier's if necessary to get me out of detention and set up Mags's thing, then I try to find a place for the seance.

Manip blamed madam to get me out of detention: 2d6+1 3

Seance will be Elsewise Powering the Selkie move

Salt
Whenever your tears mix with water,
roll with dark. On a 10 up, choose
someone you want to see. They show
up, with or without reason. • On a
7-9 they still do, but they have the
Condition drained and they bring
trouble with them.

e; added manip roll.

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jun 25, 2015

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Ali the Cuckoo

They'd been kissing each other. Eww, kissing a girl like that. So why do I have a sudden mental image of the girl in front of me pressing her soft lips against mine. Now where had that confusing and arousing come from. A part of my mind replayed that thought was that sort of thing really common here. It seemed wrong somehow in some way I couldn't put my finger on. But who was I to judge what was normal. I mean this is America, maybe that kind of thing is normal here. Even if back home both of them probably would've been in a lot worse trouble for that kind of behaviour. At the least they'd spend some time in prison and had to pay a fine. Here it was just ignored.

Meanwhile I followed Jeanine and ??? (what was the other girls name again?) back to class. Jeanine didn't strike me as the type of person who'd be like that. But what were most people like under their clothes. I mean I could dress as her. But that wasn't the same thing as being her was it. Still there was definitely something between her and Luke even a blind girl could see it. Look at the way she leapt and chased after him the minute I said he was in trouble.

I hoped I could find someone who cared about me like that. Right now though I'd never even been kissed. Well unless you count when I was wearing my cousins face, which doesn't really count does it.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Ali, unfortunately, you lost Jeanine in the hall (you're still pretty new here, after all) as she sprinted away, so you just make it back right after the two teachers storm into the room. You peek around the corner and see Ana holding your bag

Ana and Alex, the two of you manage to break the fight up before Brother and Mrs. Devereaux show up. Bonnie gives both of you a grateful look. Brother sees the blood on Simon's face and demands, "Who did this to you?"

Simon looks petulant and looks away from the Brother as he says, "Tripped and hit a desk. Probably looks worse than it is, you know. It's no biggie." No one else is forthcoming. What do you do?

Jamie, Bernie looks pained as you say you turn to leave, but she doesn't stop you. As you're walking the hallways, you pull out your phone and give the Madam a call, explaining the situation. She sighs and says, "What, exactly, do you want me to do, Jamie? I can't have you cutting class all the time, especially since the good Brother knows where to find you now. He'll have police coming in and out looking for a truant, and believe me, he'll do it. It won't even matter if you're here, he'll just keep sending people looking for you. I can't run a business like that."
Madam takes a string on you.

Jeanine, as you sprint away from the girls, you turn a blind corner and run smack into Jacques. Both of you fall to the ground, dazed, but he's up before you, with a nasty grin on his face. He growls, saying, "Bet you thought you weren't going to see me again, huh?" He rears back to kick you while you're down. What do you do?

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Jeanine Delacroix

Ah gently caress. This is the last thing I need. I could hex him, but just after Jamie's accusation, that's risky. And I already have to get out of this detention somehow.

Wait.... That's an idea. A painful idea, but sometimes, you have to make sacrifices. They're not likely to hold someone in detention after she's just been victim of an attack. After all, last time I also managed to get out after the whole storm drain incident. We're in school, he's not gonna take it too far here, right?

Hold Steady and bide time against craven Brute Jacques: 2d6+3 10 How far is Jacques likely to take the violence?

So, I just eat the kick, feeling the pain shoot through me as I get to my feet. "Ngh.... wow Jacques. You're attacking me. All on your own without your buddies to help you? Such bravery. They failed to re-attach your balls in the hospital then?"

Shut down Craven Brute Jacques: 2d6+2 7 give him the condition emasculated. He can give me one.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

gently caress that, I'll speak up to keep 'em from killin' each other, and 'cause Vicky asked me to, but if they're gonna lie to Brother Alston's face I ain't gonna hold my fuckin' tongue and let them get off scott free. Oh no.

"Nuh uh, no, that's bullsh- that's a lie, him and Luke were fightin', Brother," I say, glarin' at Simon. Liar. Own up to your poo poo, boy. I can't believe I used to think you were hot. "Simon said some sh- some stuff and Luke clocked his rear end. Uh, sorry."

Shut down Simon: 2d6-1 4 or not!

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Ali the Cuckoo

Uh, well. Ana's got my bag. Still as long as she hasn't taken the time to go digging around in there I should be ok right? Besides Ana already knows my deep dark secret so she'd probably understand. I snuck into the class room while everyone was distracted by the two teachers and circled round to Ana. "Thanks for looking after that for me." I muttered as I picked up the now damaged bag from the desk. Maybe I could sew the hole shut or something when I got home?

Still it was time to face the music. I stepped forward towards Mr what's his name the other teacher and turned to him and said "I'm sorry they were fighting over me I overreacted to something they said and that's what started the whole thing off so this is all my fault." It's true. I deserved to be punished, people had gotten hurt because I'd done something I shouldn't have. Still maybe I could persuade the brother to leave them alone....

[00:36] Ferrosol manipulating NPC
[00:36] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[00:36] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 7+2 = 9
what do I have to do to persuade Brother Alston it was my fault?

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 30, 2015

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Jamie Reeves

I want to throw my phone on the ground and crush it under my heel, I'm so frustrated. "Unless he's sending someone to try to kill you, sorry if I don't care. You're smart and you and he go way back, I'm sure you can figure out a way to get him off yours. For starters, you can tell him I've run away because I'm tired of choosing the Hitchcock I know over the one I don't. Every day I endured that gross whale's simple eyes and his sick fantasies and I tried to ignore him and then he forced me to pay attention to him while I was trying to just forget and I had to kill him to save myself. The bruises are gone but I haven't forgotten how I got them, and I don't want to go through that again! But I can feel it, It's gonna happen again, and I'd rather not be around when it does. Not while you and Jack and my so-called friends wring your hands with worry while you just sit there and watch!" Disconnect. Hold down the volume down button until the phone vibrates in protest, then I sniffle. Of course I care about the madam after all she's done for me, and Jack and her relationship born from forbidden love, which I'm obviously a sucker for. But I can't keep pretending to be okay for other people. They'll just keep sending me into the darkness alone to protect something they care about more than me until I don't come back.

poo poo, there's a problem with my plan. I still have stuff in my locker that Jeanine could break into and steal. Hell, she's probably trying it right now. I've got just over five minutes until class is done and snack starts, so I need to move if I want to be gone before the halls fill back up. Just around the corner I can hear Jeanine getting her rear end kicked by Jacques. I could raise my voice, or threaten to photograph him like at the party last week. Hm, that reminds me, she'd been walking with him before she ran off with Hitchcock, and then he'd threatened my--ex, I guess. That bitch, Jacques, and Hitchcock were probably all a team, and it only seemed right that she have to suffer the fleas after lying down with those dogs. Besides, Jeanine's gotten mercy from me once in the warehouse and proved she didn't deserve it then or since.

After I clean my locker, I do still scribble a note with my phone number and slip it into Alex's before I leave for Beck's. If he's really anything like me then I need to warn him about things before he winds up like another Liz, so I make it a little, I dunno, enticing. "Thanks for your help in lab. Call me sometime, I get the feeling you're different. In a good way. --J"

TO horndog/flirt Alex: 2d6+1 10

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Jamie, By the time you get to Beck's place, you spot Maggie in a window. She's beaten you here and is devouring a corpse as Beck casually talks to her about something you can't hear. The corpse appears to be a young, black man, but you don't recognize him.

What do you do?

The A Team: the Brother really looks like he's fed up with today. He snaps, "Luke, Simon. Detention for the week." They both start to protest, but a glare from the brother shuts them up. He adds, "Miss... " He mentally rolls through the new students in his mind before he says (with perfect pronunciation), "Al-Jalili. Unless you threw a punch, I have little doubt you did anything worthy of punishment."

Alex, no one is looking at you right now, aside from Bonnie, who's still looking grateful, even if she's probably disappointed that they got caught.

What do you do?

Jeanine after he buries his foot in your gut, he growls at you, "Don't you remember? You got them killed so you and your fuckbuddy could play hero." He picks you up and slams you against the lockers and is about to break your nose until he realizes where he is. He settles for another fist in your stomach and says, "I'll deal with you later."

What do you do?

He gives you a harm and the condition wannabe hero.

If this were the streets, he'd gladly beat you to death, but you're not worth going to jail for.

Still... watch your back.

Next scene soon

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Alex, the Serpentine

No harm no foul. I tried my best to stop those two morons. Well, the best I was willing to do. Not my fault they decided to brawl right here and now. I feel my phone buzz in my pocket, but not like I'm going to check that with Brother Alston standing right there. Still, Jamie takes a string on Alex! While there's a bit of a commotion, though, I sidle over towards Bonnie. "So... couldn't help but notice you didn't reply. What did you think of my idea? It's good, right?"

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Ali the Cuckoo

"But--" I slumped my shoulders. I'm not going to argue against the one teacher who seems to know what's going on and to be quite frank the only one who scares me. I drifted away from the two teachers and just happened to overhear the new guy (I really need to learn everyone's names this is getting embarrassing) talking to Bonnie. "What idea is that? I asked curious in case I was missing something interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Jeanine Delacroix
Harm 1/4 exp: 3/5 Condtions: , shallow, unforgiving, Wannabe Hero

I groan and go down against the lockers, catching my breath. That loving hurt. My heart races, but my mind's still clear. He doesn't just wanna land some punches. He wants to kill me. I'm gonna have to deal with him at some point, but not here, and not now. For now, let's get back to the class, see what the hell was going on. I don't try to hide too much what happened.

So, I come into the class looking like someone who just got beaten up in the hallway. I quickly hear that Luke was fighting Simon. Also, Maggie is no longer in the classroom. "Brother Alston." I say. "You think you could have the detentions be before class... Considering the amount of violence, I don't think it's a good idea for us to be walking home late at night." I give a look towards Luke. "Or alone. I think the school lost enough students already."

Manipulate lawsuit Bait Brother Alston: 2d6+1 11 Let Luke and me get out of detention for the promise to come to school early for that detention the next day.

• Locked thread