Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam

DancingShade posted:

Also SRMs are good now but shhh.

:ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Highlander 733p has the best quirks

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

You guys are making me almost want to reinstall and take the Rhino out for another spin but :effort:

How did they make brawling relevant again when the game is still 12v12?

And how long do we expect it to last before it gets nerfed back into the ground?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

:haw:

(ignore the build thrown together loving around)

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Surprise Giraffe posted:

Highlander 733p has the best quirks

I'm the 5% gauss quirk on the no ballistic slots.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Mawesomes are fun again now that you can fire all tubes.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

DancingShade posted:

I danced my marauder in front of an atlas while I slowly cored it.

I don't think it's the marauder though, mostly assault pilots who are terrible. I've killed executioners in urbanmechs face to face and I assure you that it wasn't because I'm some kind of mech god pilot.

(It's lovely assault pilots)

It might be that assaults are kind of hard to pilot, what with their lack of maneuverability and bad attack angles.

Wafflecopper posted:

You guys are making me almost want to reinstall and take the Rhino out for another spin but :effort:

How did they make brawling relevant again when the game is still 12v12?

And how long do we expect it to last before it gets nerfed back into the ground?

Here's how:

Gauss got nerfed very hard. Getting one shot off every 7-10 seconds, AND you have to charge the loving things up pretty much negates the advantage of long range pinpoint damage.

The only way to be lethally effective at long range is aimbotting. Quite a few people are still lethally effective at long range.

SRMs are reliable and devastating at close range. You can boat them much more effectively now that the ghost heat penalty has been dialed back a bit. Most mechs cannot hit the penalty now.

Just about every IS brawl mech got huge internal structure bonuses, and quite a few of them got agility boosts, further helping their role.

Maybe I'm just imagining it but it feels like clans got an unreported armor nerf???

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Dec 5, 2015

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
edit: whoops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
:siren: Hey nerds, new thread is up. :siren:

• Locked thread