Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

What games are out there that have holiday themes built in? I don't mean some DLC or whatever. I mean coded in from the start and unlocked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Try out Elf Bowling.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
There's a Christmas version of Skyroads that's pretty dope.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Costume Quest is built around Halloween but that's sort of passed so it's a bit late.

There's that game where you're an elf cleaning up after Santa goes on a rampage which is a tie-in for another game.

Comedy option: Everlasting Summer

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I fired up Tyrian 2000 today for the first time in months and when it started it asked me if I wanted to enable Christmas mode.

I said sure and the next thing I know I'm flying through space shooting candy canes at enemy ships.

Highly recommended. http://www.desura.com/games/opentyrian

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

do culture festivals count?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
James Pond

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Eye of Widesauron posted:

What games are out there that have holiday themes built in? I don't mean some DLC or whatever. I mean coded in from the start and unlocked.

The original Marathon had a kicking rad xmas soundtrack you could use.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37adlem5D1Y

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Does Duke Nukem 3D: Nuclear Winter count?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Diddy Kong Racing had a level where you raced through a snowy little village. If I'm remembering right there are christmas lights strung up in the town.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Didn't World in Conflict have a Christmas level?

UScr00ge
Mar 15, 2001

Bully has an awesome holiday chapter. You get a terrible sweater in the mail if I remember correctly.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kingdom Hearts 2 has a whole Christmas Town segment. And of course there's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rInkTrkpO24

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Parasite Eve is the best Christmas video game.

vanasenshi
Dec 10, 2014
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ceruleangames.santasspecialdelivery

Mature themed Christmas game that has you making GBS threads down chimneys and exploding reindeer.

**Disclaimer: I helped develop it! Shameless plug.**

vanasenshi fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Dec 11, 2014

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Thank you thread for making me look through my Steam library and reminding me I own Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Zombie Samurai posted:

Thank you thread for making me look through my Steam library and reminding me I own Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage.

gently caress yeah homey!

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Die Hard on NES

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Donkey Kong Country 3 has a cheat code that makes all the bonus games christmas themed

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

From the dude who made the santa making GBS threads in a chimney game:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanasenshi
Dec 10, 2014

Eye of Widesauron posted:

From the dude who made the santa making GBS threads in a chimney game:

What is that exactly? lol (and why is some random app on my friends store so noteworthy? Honestly confuzzled)

• Locked thread