Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Why would I do that when ranch exists op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

a starwar betamax posted:

Why would I do that when ranch exists op

Pesto is besto.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

I like pesto on sandwhichs but it's extremely calorie dense.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
Pesto is a p pro sandwich spread but if you have the time, and want to go the extra mile, throw an over easy egg in their too.

I haven't met a sandwich yet (except PB&J) that isn't improved by an over easy egg.

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!

bonvivant posted:

seriously aldi sells a jar of pesto for like 1.99 which is a steal

pesto makes everything better but not enough people use it on sandwiches

What about in a Taco?

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
going to a supermarket in the united states is wierd because they have like a hundred employees and they bag your stuff in like 20 tiny bags instead of 2 or 3 big bags that you put stuff in yourself.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

bonvivant posted:

no

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Three Olives posted:

Actually pine nuts are loving awesome. Until you get pine nut syndrome and gently caress pine nuts until you remember how awesome they taste.

Holy poo poo that is really a thing? That's loving bizarre, and worrying, but won't stop me throwing pine nuts on everything I can.

I haven't had pine nuts for months. I guess I kinda forgot about them.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
I like pesto on a french roll with some olive oil, mozarella cheese and baby spinach leaf. sometimes with roasted red peppers

Simstim fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Dec 11, 2014

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Simstim posted:

I like pesto on a french roll with some olive oil, mozarella cheese and baby spinach leaf. sometimes with roasted red peppers

this is pro tier sandwiching

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

itt goons discuss a caprese

which is a good as heck sandwich

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
pine nut syndrome is from chinese pine nuts, which is probably what your cheapo pesto is using

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Masonity posted:

Holy poo poo that is really a thing? That's loving bizarre, and worrying, but won't stop me throwing pine nuts on everything I can.

Yeah, I've had it twice, it sucks rear end.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
cook your sanwhich meat and cheese, then wrap it in letuce or romane, and then wrap that with meat.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Simstim posted:

Where is the meat?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Gatts posted:

Where is the meat?

that'd be good if the bread was two steaks or chicken breast.

BluPotato
Jul 18, 2006

raw basil leaves are a great substitute to lettuce on any salad, I agree. But Pesto... you are trying to hard.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

BluPotato posted:

raw basil leaves are a great substitute to lettuce on any salad, I agree. But Pesto... you are trying to hard.

why would you eat salad unless you are trying to get the fiber you need to soften and up coming protein poop.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

TOILETLORD posted:

why would you eat salad unless you are trying to get the fiber you need to soften and up coming protein poop.

listen to this man he is a pooping expert

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

i mean look at that name

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

Ferid posted:

pine nut syndrome is from chinese pine nuts, which is probably what your cheapo pesto is using

Those the ones loaded with heavy metals?

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
whats pesto? im sorry im white i dont know a lot about ethnics but im ready to learn :) :)

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Fishy Joe posted:

whats pesto? im sorry im white i dont know a lot about ethnics but im ready to learn :) :)

non-white spotted

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
all these food threads, aside from making me hungry, make me wonder why we dont have a food-based fyad-lite, GWS is just too high-brow

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Repurpose BYOB into Bring Your Own Basil

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

The Mad Archivist posted:

all these food threads, aside from making me hungry, make me wonder why we dont have a food-based fyad-lite, GWS is just too high-brow

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

i dont see any pesto on that mister!!!!

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

oh yeah lemme go pay hard earned dolalrs for the stuff that comes out of my d yeah alright op sounds like a great plan great ideas

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

The Mad Archivist posted:

alternatively make a LF-style concentration camp for all the angry bitter line cooks because goddamn are they pissy

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bonvivant posted:

Aldi also sells horsemeat. Not enough people use that either.

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

zcrow posted:

Those the ones loaded with heavy metals?

i think they just use a species of pine tree that is not really intended for human consumption actually

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Ferid posted:

i think they just use a species of pine tree that is not really intended for human consumption actually

yeah the heavy metals are just a bonus, you get them with most stuff grown in china really

they do it because stupid americans and poor euros will still buy it and think they got a great deal, at aldi

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

When you take the first bite you can shout "PESTO" and flourish your magician's cape, amusing and impressing your guests.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

op is correct in this suggestion

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Pesto is not a sandwich spread. You’re thinking of aïoli.

Actually, you’re probably thinking of pesto. Ugch. :rolleyes:

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Pesto is like eating grass and ranch is like eating fat people. Decent ketchup all the way!!

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Lol if you don't have an italian mother that makes homemade pesto that is a million times better than anything you could buy. It's not hard to make it even, the thing is homemade pesto made with fresh basil you cultivate yourself is like a loving green orgasm in your mouth. Also nuts, grated cheese and olive oil, put it in a blender, done.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

spud posted:

Pesto is like eating grass and ranch is like eating fat people. Decent ketchup all the way!!

no no no why are you putting ketchup on any sandwich

jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Mo0 posted:

no no no why are you putting ketchup on any sandwich

jesus christ

He isn't bro he's sandwich trolling

• Locked thread