Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Wizard?
Yes
No
Hogwarts
View Results

• Locked thread
Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Time's 2014 Magician of the Year posted:

gently caress science, it's hella gay and also I am a wizard, not a magician.

I think this wizard is RIGHT about poo poo. I subscribed to Time after reading this guy's commentary on scienticians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

no goku option?

:gas:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I'm voting this thread a '5' and bumping it, because of how much I enjoyed writing it!

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Ekster posted:

no goku option?

:gas:

I thought about it...

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
My mouse hovered over "No" for several seconds before I shook my head and clicked "Yes".

Very provocative topic.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Science is great and all but magic is better.

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
Can't believe it's almost 2015 and major publications are still using the word 'Magician' to refer to Wizards.

we've still got a long way to go

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

ooh, i've been a bad little poster!
Depends what sort of shirt you wear

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Otto von Ruthless posted:

Can't believe it's almost 2015 and major publications are still using the word 'Magician' to refer to Wizards.

I think it's unfair that I'm not allowed to use the word magician, when wizards call each other magician all the time.

Bread Dragon
Apr 7, 2012
They're illusions, Michael

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

#notallmuggles

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

Mudbloods control the media and exchange science for biased articles. #wizardgate.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
You could probably sell this thread for one million dollars

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Simon Numbers posted:

Mudbloods control the media and exchange science for biased articles. #wizardgate.

it's about ethics in spellcasting

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
I should be able to say Wingardium LeviosAA without criticism from Mudbloods.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

voldemort did nothing wrong

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
it's penn gillette again??

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
just remembered about this book:

"There is a character named "the Mathemagician" in the 1961 book The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster. This character is king of a magical realm of numbers. His brother and arch-enemy is king of the realm of words."

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Spanish Manlove posted:

"There is a character named "the Mathemagician" in the 1961 book The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster. This character is king of a magical realm of numbers. His brother and arch-enemy is king of the realm of words."

stem wins again :smug:

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Spanish Manlove posted:

i love the phantom tollbooth

there are demons in it one is called the terrible trivium

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

as a wizard the real problem with science imo is that you dont get any freebies, you have to do real magic to impress people nowadays and that's a lot of work and takes time away from other wizardly pursuits like shopping for towers and meddling in the affairs of mortals

back in the old days you could just predict eclipses and comets and the equinox and idiots would believe you were a mighty wizard but now they teach that poo poo in schools. it's really a shame

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
Sci fi is magic.

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

science is gay, get right w god

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

like in the harry potter universe why don't the regular humans just deploy some nuclear weapons to kill all of the wizards???

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

how do these polls get non uniform distributions?? do people really do anything other than click every option?

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Would it be worth it to get a premium account so I can make useless polls too?

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

like in the harry potter universe why don't the regular humans just deploy some nuclear weapons to kill all of the wizards???

Because they are hiding duh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Korthal posted:

Would it be worth it to get a premium account so I can make useless polls too?

You could make a poll to find out what people think oh wait....

• Locked thread