Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Probably an overly arcane question to ask here, but I thought its worth giving it a shot.

Background: My office uses a homebrew Asterisk 1.4.22 PBX Linux server hobbled together by a friend of the owner some five years back. We either give our tenants DIDs (outward facing numbers) already provided through our VoIP provider, or port their existing numbers in. When a caller dials such a DID it goes to our PBX and, among other things, the caller ID is prefixed with the name the call is for depending on the DID so that our receptionist can respond appropriately.

Problem: A set of five recently-ported numbers (plus another one or two already in our system) work, in that they dial through, but are inexplicably not being prefixed.

Attempted Fixes:
  • Reboot to the PBX server---No change.
  • Shortening of CID Prefix to one letter (reasoning: overly long string?)--No change.
  • Deleted entry in backend and recreated--No change--Maybe should ensure deletion in database?
  • Checked log--No discernible difference in handling of successful prefixing and unsuccessful; system thinks it adds the prefix
  • Called from a different number--WORKED once, then prefixes again not displayed.
  • Contacted Provider--Reached out to provider early Friday morning; they waited until 4:59 Friday afternoon to respond via email that they need more information...

Recent Changes: Porting of the numbers was ridiculously delayed, so my temporary fix for four of the five numbers was to forward calls to them on their original provider to empty DIDs already on our system. This worked fine. Note that the fifth number that is not prefixing now was not among these. No other changes.

FAQs/Google'd?: Yes. Post going up on the Asterisk support forums as soon as I get back in touch for the higher-end details with our usual phone tech guy (who worked with me on this on Friday and said that it was, despite his years of experience with Asterisk, a problem he'd never encountered before).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feld
Feb 11, 2008

Out of nowhere its.....

Feldman

If you could provide the entire asterisk config (dial plan, etc) I'm sure someone could identify what's wrong.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I'm a dCAP. I used to roll asterisk pbxs for a living. I could help out if you posted the dialplan or the log from asterisks. Its been a while but I'd be happy to peek at it.

Is there a GUI or do you access via ssh and CLI only? Because all asterisk guis are pretty terrible.

Super-NintendoUser fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Dec 15, 2014

• Locked thread