Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fivethree
Jul 28, 2014
i mean b4 plumbing and hoses tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Mammoths.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
probably week-willed, feeble-brained slaves, who were too chicken-poo poo and retarded and incompetent to stand up for theirselves.

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

probably week-willed, feeble-brained slaves, who were too chicken-poo poo and retarded and incompetent to stand up for theirselves.

im the chickenshit slave pissing in the pool

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
They filled it with piss and poo poo op

E: and cum

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

fivethree posted:

i mean b4 plumbing and hoses tia
They had plumbing back then. The ancient Greeks were known to have crazy high tech plumbing for the time.
http://www.mangahere.co/manga/thermae_romae/c004/14.html

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
That's like asking "how did they fill gas tanks before cars and machinery were invented"

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
With plumbing made out of wood instead of plastic op

fivethree
Jul 28, 2014
also did they just let the water sit and stagnate i mean that was before shock treatment and chlorine amirite

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

fivethree posted:

also did they just let the water sit and stagnate i mean that was before shock treatment and chlorine amirite

people were a lot healthier and of stronger constitution back then and didn't feel the need to carry around at all times a vat of hand-sanitizer like sniveling effete ninny.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

Al Cowens posted:

They had plumbing back then. The ancient Greeks were known to have crazy high tech plumbing for the time.
http://www.mangahere.co/manga/thermae_romae/c004/14.html

this does not seem like a very scholarly source

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
OP. Water wasn't invented until 1400, therefore nobody swam before that.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
only witches knew how to swim back then, so i guess they used magic...

idiot op... duh

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
with peepee lolol

no but really they used normal plumbing made from lead/wood/lead-lined wood and used water pressure to keep them full. Some of the ones in poorer towns were just concrete ponds that filled with rain water

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
i think they had these natural swimming pools called lakes but i could be mistaken

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

people would walk to the ocean, fill up a cup and walk back

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

fivethree posted:

The water was pretty grotty in medieval times, that's why they say everyone drank beer, because the fermentation sterilised it. Now imagine being a rich medieval lord and having a swimming pool filled...with beer! The grain your peasants need to eat to survive taken away and brewed. Yeah you'd smell like stale beer but in those days people who washed more than twice a year were considered odd anyway and toilet paper hadn't been invented, so I'd imagine smelling strongly of beer would be an improvement (speaking of, probably don't drink the beer after swimming in it).

If you were French you'd probably use wine instead of beer, and you'd turn purple. You could also be like that Bathory chick and fill a swimming pool with the blood of teenage girls, but it would probably coagulate and turn into the world's biggest fly-covered clot. You could even go with milk, but definitely don't drink it, a bunch of new age idiots died recently after drinking milk that was marketed for bathing purposes only.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Very carefully.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Early swimming pools were filled with chunks of foam to differentiate them from moats.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
With pails of water drawn from a cistern or well

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

slave pee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

one raindrop raises the sea :cheeky: