Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

that's one of those situations where you're so mad at how dumb they are

but actually you have to remind yourself that you just dodged a bullet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i cannot believe there are jobs wwhere u have 2 take a test like a school boy to get it. amazing.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

heaps.

many make you piss in a cup before you can even take the test

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

heaps.

many make you piss in a cup before you can even take the test

unbelievable!!

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
hey Mr Kevin good luck and trust in the system. Ill assume you are an alright developer which will give any sane interviewers a decent amount of pleasure so u will be fine

pram
Jun 10, 2001
the pleasure kevin principle

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

quote:

1. This function will parse a given string, and return a dictionary. The dictionary keys will be each alpha numeric character. The values be a list of characters before, after, and between each character. The characters are case insensitive, but the result that is returned retains all capitalization and punctuation from the original string.
# e.g. "Referee!" will return
pre:
{"e":['R','f','r','','!'],"f":['Re','eree!'],"r":['','efe','ee!']}

:psyduck:

babies havin rabies
Feb 24, 2006

one time at an interview i was only asked (by the system administrator) how i would determine if a computer was online at a remote location. without knowing any specifics i said i would ping it. they called me back 3 hours after the interview and said i got the job. i didn't accept the job. that's the story of my computer test.

babies havin rabies fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Dec 18, 2014

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

that's retarded

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

rotor posted:

that's retarded

like shouldn't the output be

quote:

{"R":['efe', 'ee!'],"e":['R','f','r','!'],"f":['Re','eree!']}

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol that getting a programming job is like answering a mystical riddle from a sphinx

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

what walks to the computar on two feet in the morning and then eats stuff from its feet all the drat day

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer
its u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
You're in a desert, walking along in the sand when all of a sudden you look down and you see a tortoise.

• Locked thread