Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

gnarlyhotep posted:

my hair never stops growing

I'm Cousin It

Yeah, but you're from Texas. Everything is better here. Not fair to compare. Also, I think he's Itt…I'm gonna say that before I use confirm my suspicion too.

e: :witch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Lol at all the "manly" goons letting their poo poo grow wild. Let me school you on a couple things:

1) Hair obscures my beautiful, toned body. It's like putting a veil over a statue. But if you have never had the experience of seeing muscle definition in the mirror, I understand why this might be a foreign concept to you.

2) More universally, armpit hair reduces the effectiveness of deodorant, both by trapping sweat/bacteria and by preventing it from reaching the skin. Yeah I could just use Mitchum or whatever, but all those aluminum-containing deodorants gently caress my shirts up. So I use Tom's, which isn't powerful, but works just fine when applied to hairless armpits.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I feel like we're missing the point here. The point of hair in your pits and crotch is to trap smell. If you stink, you are gonna stink no matter how much hair you have. Try not to offend people with your odor.

You ever use that crystal rock? Let's talk about this now.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

I.C. posted:

I feel like we're missing the point here. The point of hair in your pits and crotch is to trap smell. If you stink, you are gonna stink no matter how much hair you have. Try not to offend people with your odor.

You ever use that crystal rock? Let's talk about this now.

I'm not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me with your first statement.

As for the second, yes it is quite effective--provided that it is applied to bare skin. I try and reserve that for the summer months though, so as to maintain its effectiveness.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

gnarlyhotep posted:

oh, I forgot all about that

sorry for dumb question

you know too much

scopes
Jun 5, 2004

spud posted:

gently caress me dude. You are a man, enjoy it...enjoy your hair.

Idk anything about gay men, and if you are gay, then fine.....but gently caress me, the best part of being a man is just being a man. You can do whatever you want 90% of the time. Shaving ur loving armpits is not what a man does.

- Hairy armpits and balls? gently caress it
- Farting all the time? gently caress it
- Drinking all the time? gently caress it
- Cuddling the wife and telling her how beut.....er...gently caress it

Men are loving awesome. You are ruining that privilege.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Haven't had much use for Nair since I installed one of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1vw7E7uE3E

jk I'm hairy as a highlander

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

exspurt analcyst posted:

Haven't had much use for Nair since I installed one of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1vw7E7uE3E

jk I'm hairy as a highlander

man Andromeda Strain was one of the most aggressivley boring sci-fi movies ever made

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
andromeda strain rules nerdlinger

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
gives me a strain

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

gnarlyhotep posted:

my hair never stops growing

I'm Cousin It

I.C. posted:

Yeah, but you're from Texas. Everything is better here. Not fair to compare. Also, I think he's Itt…I'm gonna say that before I use confirm my suspicion too.

e: :witch:

cousin itt

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

quote:

Nair is designed to break down Keratin which is found in our hair and skin. The break down of keratin affects the skin causing it to shed. The calcium hydroxide in Nair destroys the hair and skin which often leads to chemical burns and damages our skin cells. The calcium hydroxide works with potassium thioglycolate (yes, another chemical) which weakens the hair enabling it to be rubbed away. Remember that our skin is the largest organ on our body and is able to absorb what we put on it. Once a product or chemical is absorbed it has the ability to enter our bloodstream. Toxic chemicals like calcium hydroxide and potassium thiogylcolate are not the kind of things we want in our bloodstream.

Enjoy your skin cancer in 10 years bro.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

drat, can't believe there are chemicals in nair drat

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
nair will loving ruin your skin

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
slather it all over your face and body and please tell us how it turns out

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

SmokaDustbowl posted:

nair will loving ruin your skin

It eats through scabs!

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
instead of shaving your face use nair and make sure to slather it on your cheeks and right around your eyes

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

but look how hairless and smooth my insides r

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
drink nair

I am telling you to drink it right now

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

SmokaDustbowl posted:

instead of shaving your face use nair and make sure to slather it on your cheeks and right around your eyes
I got my mom this Japanese foot-sloughing system called Baby Foot and wanted to put it on my face but couldn't find anything on the Internet that said this was a good idea.
But now I know that I can Nair my face. Off.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

I.C. posted:

I got my mom this Japanese foot-sloughing system called Baby Foot and wanted to put it on my face but couldn't find anything on the Internet that said this was a good idea.
But now I know that I can Nair my face. Off.

to use depilatory cream on on your face you have to make sure you get it as close to your eyes and nostrils as possible

LSD CURES JUNKIES
Sep 12, 2013

I used Nair sensitive on my legs when I was a teenager and it ate sores in my skin. gently caress that poo poo.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

SmokaDustbowl posted:

to use depilatory cream on on your face you have to make sure you get it as close to your eyes and nostrils as possible

Baby Foot is not a depilatory cream. All's I know about it is you put it on your feet one night with socks, go to sleep, and in the next 3-5 days the skin of your feet peels off as if you had a massive, deep sunburn or blister on your feet.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

I.C. posted:

Baby Foot is not a depilatory cream. All's I know about it is you put it on your feet one night with socks, go to sleep, and in the next 3-5 days the skin of your feet peels off as if you had a massive, deep sunburn or blister on your feet.

loving sign me up for that

peel all my skin off I want to be the skinless muscle and bone guy

scopes
Jun 5, 2004

Rad Russian posted:

The calcium hydroxide works with potassium thioglycolate (yes, another chemical)

aww god damnit not another one of these loving chemicals

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
loving chemicals, how do they work

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

gnarlyhotep posted:

loving sign me up for that

peel all my skin off I want to be the skinless muscle and bone guy

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

holy crap I used to see that guy on TV

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

spud posted:

gently caress me dude. You are a man, enjoy it...enjoy your hair.

Idk anything about gay men, and if you are gay, then fine.....but gently caress me, the best part of being a man is just being a man. You can do whatever you want 90% of the time. Shaving ur loving armpits is not what a man does.

- Hairy armpits and balls? gently caress it
- Farting all the time? gently caress it
- Drinking all the time? gently caress it
- Cuddling the wife and telling her how beut.....er...gently caress it

Men are loving awesome. You are ruining that privilege.

you made a mistake

you put these 4 things as different bullet points

so much more efficient (read: manly) to do them all at the same time, and be hairy while cuddling your wife, farting, and telling her she's hot stuff

pretty good way to get laid, let me tell you. works every time

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
hairy's pretty hot

:wookie::coffee:

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

whoflungpoop posted:

hairy's pretty hot

as a straight man currently married to a woman

would

e: forgot to mention im gay

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002
I use a bbq lighter. Not joking.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

gnarlyhotep posted:

holy crap I used to see that guy on TV

around 99 I worked as an usher at some show he did for kids about like, dinosaurs and classical instruments. It was weird seeing him not wear the organ suit. Instead he was in an outfit that looked like a tuxedo made of bones.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

can you nair your fingernails off?

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax
it leaves your fingernails all creepy and soft for a while after using it.like you can scrape grooves into them.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Little known, but lizard people use nair to soften their scales so they can style them. Then the scales reharden, it's p cool to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i need to do some manscaping

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

whoflungpoop posted:

hairy's pretty hot

That's what i'm talkin about. Not shaven, still hot.

Also I forget some of you goons get to see sunshine now and again. I live in England, so "sweat" isn't really an issue, especially as I shower at least once a day in the morning. Getting pissed wet through to your underpants is an issue though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
UK just walk around piss themselves?? :how:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

• Locked thread