Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Peter Jackson's first film Bad Taste took about as long to film as all of the Lord of the Rings trilogy because pretty much everyone involved had day jobs so they could only film on some weekends. It's pretty great though. In one scene a bearded, long haired Peter Jackson, who is actually an alien in disguise, is brutally tortured by a clean shaven, short haired Peter Jackson alien hunter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
"uggh i hate cgi dragons and trolls why couldnt they make real ones" - All goons

granted old-school cgi was better. anyone remember the first jurrassic park? was making stuff like that too expensive or something?

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

Dwarves wear shoes.
Big difference there.

hobbit feet are shoes aka hobbit are born wearing shoes

wizards are just humans with long beards prove me wrong nerds

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Ivor Biggun posted:

The barrel scene was 100% Peter Jackson. If you were surprised by that then you need to familiarise yourself with his back catalogue. I recommend Dead Alive aka Braindead, Meet The Feebles and Bad Taste.

Shut up baby I know.
Big fan of old Pete work, me am fan. Mmm, kiss me.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

ilikedirt posted:

hobbit feet are shoes aka hobbit are born wearing shoes

Wizards are angels.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

redshirt posted:

Wizards are angels.

ummmm... lmao

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

redshirt posted:

Wizards are angels.

Wizards are kidney stones come to life.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

ilikedirt posted:

ummmm... lmao

No its true in LOTR. Gandalf, Sauraman, and even Sauron are angels.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Groovelord Neato posted:

Isn't there a barrel scene in the book.

Yeah but there are no orcs or elves, just wet miserable dwarves.

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
So do the dwarf and the elf chick get it on or what. Someone please tell me I don't want to waste money on another film with no hot interspecies action.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Blues wizards, couldn't take part in the battle because their women left them and changed the locks on their back doors.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

redshirt posted:

No its true in LOTR. Gandalf, Sauraman, and even Sauron are angels.

everyone nows sauperman is from krypton and saurons from the savage land

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Gandalf: we're on a mission from Gad.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Gandalf was bullied by the dwarves, nonstop, it was traumatic.

"But Thorin," cried Gandalf "I thought you were my nigga."
Thorin laughed, then turned to look at Gandalf with mean rear end eyes "Gandalf you are a beta bitch and mad gay, if I wasn't a nice person I'd loving push your face in."
Gandalf sobbed, at first Bilbo was disturbed by the scene, but slowly he began to snicker. It was contagious, the dwarves began to chuckle, and soon it turned into raucous laughter at the loser moron Gandalf the Gay's expense.

Gandalf wailed in despair, his little bitch rear end would be teased mercilessly forever.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Poor Gnadlaff. He'll have to consoles hisself with his many millions.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

I love the part where Galadriel powers up and Kamehameha's Sauron's rear end back to Mordor. It was :goku: as gently caress.

Disconnecticus
Oct 21, 2012

Wait, like, actual money?

chaosbreather posted:

god i am so excited about the third hobbit movie enabling some cool editor somewhere to make a single great movie that precisely follows the book

I'm giving the last movie a miss, but am waiting for about a year later when someone actually does this. Carved down to 90 minutes total it might be a watchable version of The Hobbit.

You couldn't pay me to sit through that poo poo in the theater again though. Actually you could probably pay me. That would be okay.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Disconnecticus posted:

I'm giving the last movie a miss, but am waiting for about a year later when someone actually does this. Carved down to 90 minutes total it might be a watchable version of The Hobbit.

You couldn't pay me to sit through that poo poo in the theater again though. Actually you could probably pay me. That would be okay.

Yeah if someone said here's 30 bucks to go watch the third Hobbit movie I'd be like "a'ight".

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
the hobbit is a metaphor for op's dick

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Short n Harry with leathery feet (balls) and if you put a ring on it, it disappears?

naem
May 29, 2011

KiteAuraan posted:

I love the part where Galadriel powers up and Kamehameha's Sauron's rear end back to Mordor. It was :goku: as gently caress.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spHEw2n9LwE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Groovelord Neato posted:

Isn't there a barrel scene in the book.

there is but they just ride the barrels out they don't do acrobatics across the barrels and poo poo fighting goblins

I wouldn't have minded if it wasn't so out of place - it's fine to be wacky but it was serious/scary (spiders), serious (captured by elves), serious (thorin is freaking out and they're just gonna be stuck in prison), serious (prison break), serious (goblins attacking), total wackiness (barrels). And it was a pretty long scene.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Yeah it was more over the top then that. Plus she totally Kamehameha'd Sauron all the way to Mordor. Then Saruman was all like "Leave Sauron to me.". I assume in the extended edition Saruman will go to Mordor and pull a Vegeta.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

ilikedirt posted:

Wizard.

Not a wizard.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

Hobbit wizard

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Mr Wizard.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

KiteAuraan posted:

Yeah it was more over the top then that. Plus she totally Kamehameha'd Sauron all the way to Mordor. Then Saruman was all like "Leave Sauron to me.". I assume in the extended edition Saruman will go to Mordor and pull a Vegeta.

i wanna see this link it

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

The Protagonist posted:

Wait no it was the absolutely ludicrous barrel dropping scene...

...Wait no it was the ring-trading love interest scene between the dwarf and elf

.....Legolas :wtc: are you doing here!? Agh it's all coming back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDDzfDoI09k&t=41s

Holy poo poo these movies are bad.

I truly feel sorry for anyone who has seen the movies rather than having read the books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

KiteAuraan posted:

Yeah he fucks it up pretty bad.

This movie was actually very entertaining, so it's no surprise goons hate it, since goons hate fun.

• Locked thread