Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

The year I had the flu and was high as poo poo on cough syrup watching that trippy rear end Santa Claus where he is raised by a cougar and a hot elf/fairy MILF and fights rock monsters. Wait, that was the best Christmas ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i was sick every christmas for most of my life. we eventually realized it's because i'm allergic to pine.

so all of them up until a few years ago were my worst ever

Barco Fiesta
May 26, 2009

a fantasy of olives
This one. I'm flying to my hometown for Christmas this Sunday and I'm bringing a bunch of weed, acid, and molly with me. I'm gonna get busted by airport security and spend this Christmas in jail probably.

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
My parents...I mean Santa Claus...legit gave me handful of charcoal briquettes wrapped in a clear little bag one Christmas. My younger brother got real presents. I was somewhere around the age of 8, so I thought this was the work of Santa. Finding out years later it was actually my parents didn't ease the sting.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

small hendren posted:

How did you have a girlfriend, and then change to having a boyfriend?

It's not that complicated

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
idk its a bit of a toss up

-grandpa filled my christmas cracker with powdered milk
-forced to be the manger (human furniture) in school play
-brother said he got me "a life" for christmas and gave my computer the stone cold stunner

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
Last Christmas I gave someone my heart but the very next day they gave it away. It was pretty brutal.

Real talk, the year when I asked for an N64 and some games, my dad no nothing about consoles decided they would run on anything for example the SNES I already had, I had to sit there looking at the games until I got the console in mid January.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Christmas 2013 when GBS 2.0 meant no giant thread about goons getting owned by their cool troll parents

these threads were peak lack of self awareneess and it owned

still wouldn't trade new gbs for those though

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

PyPy posted:

My parents...I mean Santa Claus...legit gave me handful of charcoal briquettes wrapped in a clear little bag one Christmas. My younger brother got real presents. I was somewhere around the age of 8, so I thought this was the work of Santa. Finding out years later it was actually my parents didn't ease the sting.

wow, you must have been a brat

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
The year my dad waited until the last minute to buy my presents, left them in the car, car gets broken into and all my poo poo got stolen.

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin

KiteAuraan posted:

The year I had the flu and was high as poo poo on cough syrup watching that trippy rear end Santa Claus where he is raised by a cougar and a hot elf/fairy MILF and fights rock monsters. Wait, that was the best Christmas ever.

What movie is this? I want to watch it.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

NightVis posted:

-brother said he got me "a life" for christmas and gave my computer the stone cold stunner

yr brother rules, buy him an account

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
I was like 9 or ten years old and I went to my dad's a week before christmas. My mom died on the 23rd, and my grandparents didn't want to tell me over the phone so they drove up to my dad's to give me the news. It took them two days to get there. They had to stop me from telling them about this cool video game I got so they could tell me my mom was dead.

I didn't get metroid prime either it was a lovely christmas

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

praxis posted:

It sucked for about six months but now I'm divorced and have my son so it all worked out.

Good :)

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
my worst christmas was seeing this thread because it sucks

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Pookum posted:

my worst christmas was seeing this thread because it sucks

someone will make a worse thread before christmas

i guarantee it

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
When I was 8 I asked for a train set. Just a simple loop shaped track, with a generic train traveling around it ad infinitum. My dad got me a huge, super-detailed set with realistic topography, elaborate miniatures, little people, light-up storefronts, and incredibly delicate train cars all based on actual trains. It was far too complicated to hold a child's interest and he obviously got it for himself as a new hobby. Yeah, he is.

edit: all my christmas complaints are about not getting exactly what i wanted

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Man, good stuff good stuff. These aren't all the terrible in comparison to all y'alls sickness and death but, this aint a competition of course:

3. When I was about 11-12 my parents were pretty bad off. We weren't broke or anything but kinda poor because they moved us to a nicer neighborhood from the ghetto now that my brothers and I were getting older and more inclined to get into hoodrat stuff. Got a gameboy color which I was stoked on and thats about it. I brought it to my friends house after christmas where they got a new computer/games/stereosystem/bike/neatstuff and they were like "oh. cool. a gameboy. i dont really like those. check out this sheeeet". My stokness level shrunk to nothing.

2. A year later, my mother left my pops a few months before leaving him paying for this house they could barely afford together, all by himself. He worked for the city and got us some free presents they offered their employees for their kids. Got like a bootleg nerf football or something. But my mom comes in, brings in a PS1(just came out) FF7 and some other stuff including fast food which we havent had a super solid meal besides at school in awhile. Said she was sorry and stuff and then left to go get something and never came back. Was a huge conflict of being super stoked on these gifts and feeling like poo poo for enjoying it when my pops couldnt give us anything because of responsibilities.

3. Had a secret santa between friends, like 15-20 people. They came together as kind a bonding thing, alot of people were friends of friends but some people knew one another pretty well. I drew someone I didnt know well but, i put some research in and got them a nice gift. That was kind of the motif of the get together. So I watch people getting all these cheap ($20) gifts but obviously put alot of thought into it. Then I got mine, mind you I didn't really ever get gifts on christmas because everyone in the family was broke. And the person got me a gag gift of a blow up doll. I played it off to not make the party about me. I laughed and blew it up and made it seem like I was not pissed. At the end of the night I tried to leave without it but someone reminded me to grab it. I drove home, stabbed that fucker and put it in the garbage.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Grew up poor and all that.

I had $10 I got for my birthday in October and I saved it with the plans I was going to use it to buy presents for my mom, dad and brother. Well third grade had secret Santa and I got a friend of mine so another to add to that list. Teacher said make it special and nice... gently caress :(

Budget was-
Mom - $4 for a ring I found at a farmers market
Dad - $3 a multi took thing from same farmers market
Friend/brother was split with remaining $3

How can I get my brother something and be a super secret Santa? I decided to spend $3 on the friend and give my brother what ever I got because it was going to be nice and special and he would love it. So I bought a $3 pingpong ball basketball thing for my secret Santa.

Day before christmas break and it's secret Santa time! Gifts are given holiday movies playing and kids are singing! I give my gift and he loved that cheap toy for the remainder of the day and before he got his 64 two days later. I knew my soon to brothers gift was going to be tits and I would have my secret Santa revealed soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

NightVis posted:

-forced to be the manger (human furniture) in school play

this is some made up mythological bullshit

• Locked thread