Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
are you jelly you had to pay for college
yes
no
hand-egg lol i am original
i bought city name sports team apparel
View Results

• Locked thread
Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

NakedWithCandy posted:

College football coach gets paid millions, football program make 10s of millions. Minority professor gets paid, minority program brings in no money.

the minority program is where they send the football players for their instant a no-show classes, thank you very much. it's an efficient system for producing scholar-athletes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

uG posted:

ya as long as you can live on literally nothing when they put a lien on all your bank accounts/property this is a great idea

lol if you think this

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Harime Nui posted:

I like the Eagles op

the professional eagles? they get paid money, though their stadium was heavily paid for by the taxpayers of philadelphia. also they suck at the draft, chip kelly had a better time when he was able to cheat the recruiting system at oregon. he's gonna sell all of his draft picks for mariotta and the eagles will become the redskins, except its philly so probably more racism than dc. is mariotta white enough for philly fans? that's a question for another gbs

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

420DD Butts posted:

Only like 20 football programs in the entire country are profitable, college football is a scam
Every 2013 pre-season top 25 program was profitable or broke even, and I know for a fact that there are many other programs that were profitable that weren't in the top 25

http://www.forbes.com/sites/aliciajessop/2013/08/31/the-economics-of-college-football-a-look-at-the-top-25-teams-revenues-and-expenses/

Every SEC football program is profitable, with maybe the exception of Vanderbilt (they are private so they don't publish their figures).

I'd guess that the majority of programs in the power 5 conferences are profitable.

• Locked thread