Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Well, I don't really understand what's going on, but okay.

##vote Bowmore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
So yeah good work Ernie, gently caress the town

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i am roleblocking hal tonight, if no kill happens, we lynch hal tomorrow and then i keep announcing who i'm roleblocking

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm the last scum fyi

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

bowmore posted:

i honestly don't know who the last scum is and i expect to die tonight if it isn't hal

i hope there's time yet for someone else to pull their weight

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

bowmore posted:

I'm the last scum fyi

:aaaaa:

that seems crazy underpowered

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Shortly after the sun rose over pride rock Zazu points to Puumba with a wing.

"It was him. I saw him do it. Get him!"
And instead of proclaiming his innocence, Puumba snorted and said "You got me", anyone want to get some grub.

And thus, the pridelands settled into a period of unmatched peace and prosperity, with Simba as the figurehead and Zazu running the show from behind. Scar was some sort of vizier or something and made some particularlly sound economic policy decisions.

The loss of a couple of hyenas and a baboon didn't really make a difference in the end.

Bowmore, SCUM-aligned One-Shot Vigilante gave up peacefully on Day 4.

The game has ended in a TOWN victory

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Yeah, Ernie. basically won this game on his own.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Ernie. posted:

:aaaaa:

that seems crazy underpowered

I actually thought the scum were too powerful this game, what with a double voter and a vig vs a whole bunch of assumptions that could have bitten town in the rear end.
2 3 player masonries. 1 with 2 scum, the other with none. Town roleblocker as the only power role. Double voter and vig as scum roles. Miller with no cop.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Two scum?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

BOWMORE HOW COULD YOU KILL ME

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

hahaha, what an ending.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Grandicap posted:

I actually thought the scum were too powerful this game, what with a double voter and a vig vs a whole bunch of assumptions that could have bitten town in the rear end.
2 3 player masonries. 1 with 2 scum, the other with none. Town roleblocker as the only power role. Double voter and vig as scum roles. Miller with no cop.

Well I know the game sort of petered out, but I personally had a lot of fun breaking all these assumptions down in my head.

I had to roleblock PMom after he claimed double-voter, and I had to roleblock bowmore after he vigged PMom and after Hal told me your mod-meta wouldn't let you put two scum in a single masonry.

I quickly abandoned scumhunting in the second masonry because if someone was in it they WOULDN'T kill Mills because it would narrow down the hunt for them.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Also, don't worry about getting me anything Mills. I actually already picked up Risk of Rain. Just donate to charity if you still feel guilty.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I don't feel guilty; I just wanted to cheer you up. Are you sure?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm sure!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Poison Mushroom posted:

So, some thoughts in between baking cookies and planning to go to IHOP for Christmas because gently caress cooking a big dinner for two people:

Really nice vig shot, I never would have thought to hit PMom.

Still feeling the kaschei lynch, for the same reason I was yesterday. Kaschei has time to post, apparently, but not to push anyone or voice any thoughts or reads. My impression of him (her? them? Someone help me out here) has always been as a vocal, aggressive player who goes all-in on gut reads. Admittedly, this is mostly a first impression from Miller's Hollow that I've been holding onto for like a year and change now, so it might not be super accurate.

Taking into account Ernie's gut about kaschei not being shy scum, this leads me to the impression that he (she?) is probably a 3P. There's no second nightkill, and no push for a lynch on anyone specific, so my money's on kaschei being a survivor.

Bowmore, try to get as many thoughts as you can out before Monday. Gut reads, feelings on specific people or posts, what-have-you. As a confirmed vig (and basically confirmed town), you're pretty much a #1 choice for who to nightkill. I'd rather hear more of your unguarded thoughts than try to piece together implications from what you said before.

If Mills is scum, he's deliberately playing against his own meta. But I don't think that's what's happening.

Three scum in an 11 player game feels like a whole loving lot, but given that PMom was a scum double-voter, I think the 11-player game is just balanced on two very powerful scum. This is shameless ~set-up speculation~, but I wouldn't be surprised if the other scum had some very good powers. Ninja Godfather, or Scum Vig, or something.

Seeing Timon flip scum makes me feel better about claiming my own flavor (which I was sure would get me lynched before). I'm actually Scar, of all loving people.

This seems like a good set-up for a rolecop, given the 'scum with a townie power' reveal.

If it's not kaschei, I'd probably start casing Sandwolf next. Can't quite put into words why I feel like SW is scum, but it's just a weird feeling I've got.

Baking peanut butter cookies with someone allergic to peanut butter is a surreal experience.

Bold mine, I giggled when I read this and you didn't then take the step to bowmore being the scum based on the shameless setup spec.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Grandicap posted:

Bold mine, I giggled when I read this and you didn't then take the step to bowmore being the scum based on the shameless setup spec.
:doh:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Hahaha

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

man i want to see hal's doc with the scum

i want to see how that would work and how they were tricking him

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

did I mention that pmush is scum you guys

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

As Ernie's mentor and spirit animal I accept full responsibility for the win.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

bowmore posted:

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Setup Doc
Role PMs
Hakuna Matata Masonry
Hyena Masonry
Scum Doc

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ernie. posted:

man i want to see hal's doc with the scum

i want to see how that would work and how they were tricking him
its not very interesting, we didn't get much of a chance to do stuff

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Running a game across cristmas and new years was a terrible idea, but it looked like poeple were starving for games because noone else wanted to run one and I had this sitting in my back pocket so I ran it. Still, staying away from holidays in the future, I really think it hurt mason participation at the very least.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mills posted:

BOWMORE HOW COULD YOU KILL ME
I had to! You were most obvious town apart from Ernie and I was going to use him

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

gj ernie~

I mentioned this in the scum doc, but I really didn't like double voter as a scum pr. Because the role is public, it's impossible to go to endgame with it: town doublevoter is so powerful that scum would obviously nk it, so every night the doublevoter isn't killed, he becomes that much more suspicious.

Maybe making it optional instead of automatic would have been better? As it was, I felt like I was marked for death from the word go, which I didn't enjoy. Bowmore made the best of it by killing me~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hahaha, nice job Ernie! I really never would have thought it was bowmore!

• Locked thread