Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Thank you thread for introducing me to Nozaki, I didn't think it would be my sort of thing but it was just so funny and charming so I ended up loving it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

ViggyNash posted:

If only you could hear my cackling over the internet.

I just watched episode 7... things... escalated quickly... :suspense:

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Hocus Pocus posted:

If you skip episodes 11 through 14, Samurai Flamenco is probably a pretty good show with a decent dip in quality in the middle

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen
well no one's posted any votes in a couple days, and the extra votes for seki and bahamut got bahamut into the list and kicked ubw out, so now's as good a time as any to arbitrarily add the results to the wiki, i guess.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Yo is that a "Ron" in your avatar

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen
i need five more tiles for that, haven't you ever played mahjong :rolleyes:

anyway, the wiki is missing pages for Nozaki, Chaika, Gundam Build Fighters, Seki, and Bahamut. please make the page look nice and not have red links on it, tia.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Hocus Pocus posted:

:unsmigghh:

Please enjoy the ride, cuz there's no getting off now.

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

ViggyNash posted:

:unsmigghh:

Please enjoy the ride, cuz there's no getting off now.

I jumped ship an episode or two into the Flamengers arc because it was garbage. Does it get better?

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen
the real best anime of 2014 was saki: the nationals, but keep it a secret from the mahjong nonplayers ok.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

some people will tell you the show gets good again after episode 7. they are wrong

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Outer Science posted:

the real best anime of 2014 was saki: the nationals, but keep it a secret from the mahjong nonplayers ok.

Is there a good guide to how mahjong works that I can read before I dive into Akagi in earnest

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Is there a good guide to how mahjong works that I can read before I dive into Akagi in earnest

not really, they're all pretty bad or inconsistent but in a past life i wrote a watcher's guide on this very forum!! (hope you have archives)

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

i learned it partly from the yakuza games

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Outer Science posted:

not really, they're all pretty bad or inconsistent but in a past life i wrote a watcher's guide on this very forum!! (hope you have archives)

No can you PM it to me

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

glomkettle posted:

I jumped ship an episode or two into the Flamengers arc because it was garbage. Does it get better?

It gets exponentially more insane and utterly ridiculous, a la Gurren Lagaan. The best is yet to come.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, it's like GL only if it were directed by someone absolutely zero idea of visual flair and a bargain bin budget. And somehow boring.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Outer Science posted:

well no one's posted any votes in a couple days, and the extra votes for seki and bahamut got bahamut into the list and kicked ubw out, so now's as good a time as any to arbitrarily add the results to the wiki, i guess.

Please add the worst animes too I don't want to make an account

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!

glomkettle posted:

Its kinda worth watching the later episodes just to see Mr. Justice and The Ultimate Prime Minister, but it doesn't really ever get better.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

glomkettle posted:

The last couple of episodes are pretty good. The few episodes before that (but after the flamengers arc) are probably worth watching.

There is an Actually Good and Cool and Interesting plot twist at the end, pretty unlike the other plot twists that would start every new arc.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Hagop posted:

Its kinda worth watching the later episodes just to see Mr. Justice and The Ultimate Prime Minister, but it doesn't really ever get better.

See, it really depends what you mean by "better". Does it become a higher quality, more competent show? Absolutely not.

Does the trainwreck becomes hilariously more bonkers in every way? Absolutely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
Idk, I feel like the post-flamengers stuff is a marked improvement from the flamengers stuff. It's still not like the best show ever but I think the last two episodes at least and the Metal Gear Rising battle are worth watching.

laplace fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jan 8, 2015

• Locked thread