Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Bro Dad posted:

its even dumber in the books

Are the stairs made of swords also :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Harime Nui posted:

Are the stairs made of swords also :haw:

they are made of scissors u oval office!!

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I would vote for a king who had the sense to build a sensible golden throne.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

nomadologique posted:

they are made of scissors u oval office!!

Actually, the entire thing is made of oxidized gold.

The commoners just think its iron. Why do you think everyone is fighting over it?

dog buttz posted:

I would vote for a king who had the sense to build a sensible golden throne.

If everyone knew it was gold, they'd just chip off pieces every time they need. No, only one individual knows the truth of the throne at a time:

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

My Imaginary GF posted:

Actually, the entire thing is made of oxidized gold.

The commoners just think its iron. Why do you think everyone is fighting over it?

u r confused and thinking of that big gold dwarf statue in the hobbit but that didn't work smaug predictablye erupted out of it after a moment of tension and near release

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

nomadologique posted:

u r confused and thinking of that big gold dwarf statue in the hobbit but that didn't work smaug predictablye erupted out of it after a moment of tension and near release

Have you tried to melt it down to be sure?

loving commoners. They have no vision beyond their poo poo-stained life.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

that's a picture a fan made

anyway it's supposed to be uncomfortable to sit on and liable to cut you if you're a clumsy rear end. getting cut all the time on the throne is like an omen that you're a gently caress up monarch.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
the catchy theme tune is the best part of the show and also the books

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Yo, even if you can't add a cushion without being called a pussy, there is nothing stopping you from getting some specially padded pants made. The idea is that it is just uncomfortable rather than rear end-slicingly hazardous, no?

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
I read the 5th book and nothing happened for 1200 pages.

Like most of the characters were travelling, which is fine. But as they got closer to their goals they all turned around for awhile. Then rechanged their minds and turned around again.

And some girl poo poo in the desert alot near the end.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

I read the 5th book and nothing happened for 1200 pages.

Like most of the characters were travelling, which is fine. But as they got closer to their goals they all turned around for awhile. Then rechanged their minds and turned around again.

And some girl poo poo in the desert alot near the end.

Isn't the 5th one where Jon snow gets murked by the watch? That happened

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Bro Dad posted:

its even dumber in the books

Uh. The timg version of this looks not a little like Vagina Dentata. That massive "bush" above the king's head :wtc:

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

jalopybrown posted:

true, but 1200 pages tho

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

I'm not sure if ho's fetishes are on more obvious display in their books; the Gurm or Robert Jordan.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

true, but 1200 pages tho

The books don't drag as much if you just skip every bran chapter

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
Skip the Sansa chapters, too. And pretty much everything that's not Jon Snow, Dany or Arya.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

jalopybrown posted:

I think the author realized that while he wasn't paying attention he had accidentally written a proactive character making sound decisions that moved him closer to solving the immediate problems affecting his region of the fantasy universe so naturally that character is now dead and the region is hosed again like it was before that character showed up

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

proof of concept posted:

I think the author realized that while he wasn't paying attention he had accidentally written a proactive character making sound decisions that moved him closer to solving the immediate problems affecting his region of the fantasy universe so naturally that character is now dead and the region is hosed again like it was before that character showed up

Ghandi?

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
yes

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
zombies are bad at closing they moufs this bodes ill for jon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chippy