Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Premeditated Toast
Apr 24, 2008

Same as it ever was.
True, although, he did spend several years on Tiberius' Rape Island so could you really blame him if he was a little bit nuts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
tiberius, caligula, claudius and nero were all proto-goons, each in his own way.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I thought it wasn't so much that he was nuts, or that he enjoyed loving with people, but that he was conscious of the fact that if he seemed too clever or capable he'd have had his throat cut for being a threat to the throne.

NOT NOW GRANDPA
Dec 6, 2005

I just watched Gladiator again because of this thread. Still owns. Thanks OP.

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
Gladiator is pretty good but not as good as The Patriot

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

Gladiator is pretty good but not as good as The Patriot

*Spears you with American flag*

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
My dad's favorite movie is Gladiator so he named his dog Maximus, even though he's a cute little westie.

Maximus! Maximus the Adorable! :3:

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
300 was better.

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
I like how Caligula's kid was grabbed by the ankles and bashed against a column.

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.
Movie does not hold up. Plus extremely historically inaccurate. movie not good. Bad movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

etalian posted:

Other roman historians thought Caligula just enjoyed trolling everyone and wasn't crazy.

He had a big rear end floating palace yacht too, dude was cool in my book

Also the whole making his favorite horse a senator

• Locked thread