Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
So, you're one of the few poor saps like me who was successful enough to make the finals in your league (congratulations!) but have the misfortune of a commissioner (perhaps yourself?) who is a bit of a turd and has scheduled a Week 17 championship.

Now you're stuck not only weighing players and matchups, but coaching decisions with respect to who will even see the field.

Rules
- Don't sit your studs. Except maybe do because they might not be playing this week
- Post your league rules

I'll start with mine. Don't think I can start Gronk, and I don't feel comfortable with Murray either. I've currently got a waiver claim in to get Heath Miller for the Buffalo D/ST. Trying to only start guys that have something to play. Thoughts? This is a Yahoo league, 0.2 PPR

Any hot waiver pickups this week that I should consider? I doubt I'll find anyone that is better than what I've got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Alternatively, for us cool dudes fighting to not be the turd of the league, let's do what we haven't been able to do consistently all year and win a game :toot:

Standard scoring, no PPR, pick one of:
Jeremy Maclin @ NYG
Josh Gordon @ Baltimore
Golden Tate @ GB
Vincent Jackson v NO

I should've had a nice receiving corps of Jeffery, Maclin, and Gordon down the home stretch, but Maclin and Gordon killed the dream. Now I'm stuck with a bunch of mediocre options.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to sit Tate, as I think the Lions will do quite poorly. Maclin should be in a competitive shootout, but he's averaged just 7.5 points the last five weeks against easy match ups and shootouts. Gordon has of course been a huge disappointment, but is against an awful Ravens pass defense and will actually probably do better with Hoyer than he did with Manziel (lol). Finally, Vincent Jackson has what might be the softest match up and has been seeing lots of targets, but is pretty unfavored by any experts (despite also averaging 7.5 the last five weeks, and against a few tough defenses). I can also add Asiata and flex him over any of these dicks, but I would rather not :(

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

I think I'd go with Maclin. I could see the Eagles coming out pissed and dropping 50 on the Giants.

Tate is the other guy that I would consider. The first Packers/Lions game was ugly as poo poo and didn't have many (any?) solid fantasy producers. I imagine this game won't be as bad, but the possibility is there.

RKRGoat
Jun 20, 2003

I am not in a turd league and the champion of the land. However we have a "All-Star" game where we can pick any one in the league, highest score wins. I was wondering who still had motivation to play? (IE: is not a Cardinals QB)

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
WR
TE
DEF
K

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
am i allowed to answer every question with "who cares fantasy is over" this week

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

RKRGoat posted:

I am not in a turd league and the champion of the land. However we have a "All-Star" game where we can pick any one in the league, highest score wins. I was wondering who still had motivation to play? (IE: is not a Cardinals QB)

QB rodgers
RB leveon
RB cj anderson
WR jordy nelson
WR antonio brown
WR beckham
TE olsen
DEF ravens
K pick a name out of a hat

could also see a case for charles in rb2 and julio jones instead of jordy

fat greasy puto fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Dec 23, 2014

RKRGoat
Jun 20, 2003

fat greasy puto posted:

am i allowed to answer every question with "who cares fantasy is over" this week

Years ago the prophets would have won by saying "Matt Flynn, uh I guess"

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

fat greasy puto posted:

I don't know but Im not doing streamer picks this week because

fat greasy puto posted:

who cares fantasy is over

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Yeah yeah we get it, you guys are in far superior leagues than ours, stop shoving our faces in it.

I think it's pretty obvious that I don't want to start Detroit's DST against GB. I picked up Chicago (@ Min) for now. I could also pick up Min (vs Chi), Atlanta vs Car or New Orleans @ TB. Any of those sound better than Chicago?

I'm also starting Mychal Rivera @ Denver over Gronk. My only other option really is Gresham - would anyone start him over Rivera?

And finally, Joique Bell @ GB or J. Stewart @ Atl?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I think I'd prefer Minnesota rather than Chicago, actually, but yeah both of them over the rest of your options. I think I'd play Stewart over Bell, but they should do similarly well. No idea about your TEs, but maybe Gronk for a half a game would be better than any of them?

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.
.5 ppr

1 RB or WR
Joique Bell
Mark Ingram
Greg Jennings

I'm leaning towards Ingram since Reggie Bush is cutting into Bell's carries and GB seems like a tougher matchup.

1 TE
Coby Fleener
Zach Ertz
Jordan Cameron

Here I'm thinking Fleener since he seems like the safest bet to get a lot of looks.

Thoughts?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Traffic Reporter posted:

.5 ppr

1 RB or WR
Joique Bell
Mark Ingram
Greg Jennings

I'm leaning towards Ingram since Reggie Bush is cutting into Bell's carries and GB seems like a tougher matchup.

1 TE
Coby Fleener
Zach Ertz
Jordan Cameron

Here I'm thinking Fleener since he seems like the safest bet to get a lot of looks.

Thoughts?

Yeah, given that Bush did decently last week, I could see him eating up more of Bell's carries. Ingram has a nice match up, too. Fleener or Ertz for sure, and I'd go with Fleener. I doubt Ertz has anything close to last week.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
One more, standard scoring:

Lamar Miller vs NYJ
Matt Asiata vs Chicago

I like Miller because he's actually a good running back, but obviously playing the Jets is less fun than playing Chicago. Asiata has been getting a big workload lately, too. Coin toss? (If so, I'd rather trust Miller.)

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Should I start Cam or Romo in standard? I am going Romo because... I don't know

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

RVProfootballer posted:

One more, standard scoring:

Lamar Miller vs NYJ
Matt Asiata vs Chicago

I like Miller because he's actually a good running back, but obviously playing the Jets is less fun than playing Chicago. Asiata has been getting a big workload lately, too. Coin toss? (If so, I'd rather trust Miller.)

Miller has proven to be pretty matchup-proof. The only question is whether he gets enough touches to do anything. He got a lot of work last week, and I don't see why he wouldn't this week. Asiata has been stupid though and not many RBs have more touchdowns than him, but he sucks and I'd hate to trust him in a championship. He'll either get you 20 or 2 points. I think it's a toss up and would lean Miller, but considering this is fantasy football whichever you pick will end up screwing you over.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

I would lean Miller as well.

I have my own Lamar Miller question. Pick 2:

Jeremy Hill @ Pittsburgh
Jonathan Stewart @ Atlanta
Mark Ingram @ Tampa Bay
Lamar Miller vs NYJ
DeMarco Murray @ Washington

I don't trust DeMarco this week. Currently have Hill and Stewart slotted in. I don't trust Ingram either, so it comes down to whether I should start Miller over either Hill or Stewart. It's 0.2 PPR

God I hate this week 17 bullshit. I've won 13 straight and I am legitimately worried I'm going to lose this week because I have to sit Murray and Gronk.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gobias Ind. posted:

I would lean Miller as well.

I have my own Lamar Miller question. Pick 2:

Jeremy Hill @ Pittsburgh
Jonathan Stewart @ Atlanta
Mark Ingram @ Tampa Bay
Lamar Miller vs NYJ
DeMarco Murray @ Washington

I don't trust DeMarco this week. Currently have Hill and Stewart slotted in. I don't trust Ingram either, so it comes down to whether I should start Miller over either Hill or Stewart. It's 0.2 PPR

God I hate this week 17 bullshit. I've won 13 straight and I am legitimately worried I'm going to lose this week because I have to sit Murray and Gronk.

Nah, you can't sit either Hill or Stewart for Miller. They should both have great games. Miller is up against a tough defense; I'm not expecting more than 5-7 points from yardage with a good chance at a touchdown added in. Miller is still just a consistent RB2 in a bad match up. I agree that Hill and Stewart are your best options, though. I think you have good enough alternatives that you can feel ok sitting Murray.

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

Arctic Baldwin posted:

Should I start Cam or Romo in standard? I am going Romo because... I don't know

I'm facing the same quandary. loving week 17.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
FWIW, multiple experts seem to think Cam will do well. I don't know if I buy it, though :shrug:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Nah, you can't sit either Hill or Stewart for Miller. They should both have great games. Miller is up against a tough defense; I'm not expecting more than 5-7 points from yardage with a good chance at a touchdown added in. Miller is still just a consistent RB2 in a bad match up. I agree that Hill and Stewart are your best options, though. I think you have good enough alternatives that you can feel ok sitting Murray.

Thanks. I'll stick with what I've got and hope for the best.

nollij
Aug 30, 2006

Wait, wait, wait...

When did this happen?!?
I am in a 2 week championship and down by 7 points due to the worst points week for me all season. My bench far outscored my starters. The team I am playing in the championship is absolute poo poo (one of the lowest PF in the league) but somehow has lucked his way to the championship and possibly the win.

rules:
6-pts per touchdown, bonuses for 100+ yds for receiving/rushing, bonus for 300+ yds passing, non-PPR

QB:

Tony Romo
Andrew Luck

The Cowboys may still be playing for first round bye. Romo is injured but has been playing just fine recently.
The Colts have nothing to play for. The Broncos have the head to head if they somehow lost to the Raiders. Andrew Luck has also been making GBS threads all over the place the last 2 weeks.

RB (I need 3):

Demarco Murray
Leveon Bell
Jonathon Stewart
Lamar Miller

Matt Asiata

Murray was not playing at full capacity last game and they may split him with Randle to not aggravate his injury and his pass blocking is suffering.
Bell and Stewart should play full games as their teams are still in the playoff hunt. Miller is in the playoff hunt but it is a bit of a long shot and needs help from a couple teams. Asiata sucks and has nothing to play for.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

I hate week 17. But because I'm forced to play tomorrow, I figured I should ask for this last piece of advice. I'm doing this right...right?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Sounds like the Patriots confirmed Gronk will receive little to no playing time (which makes sense) today, so anyone who was still thinking of starting him should probably not. I'm still torn about his replacement, but I'll probably go with Rivera.

noliij, I agree with both of your choices I think. There's a chance Asiata could be a better play than Miller, but like I said earlier I would not want to bet on such a bad running back who absolutely needs touchdowns to produce anything of worth in fantasy.

Santheb, I think I like your choices. It is hard to sit Ingram especially with PT injured and against TB, but I don't know if you can sit any of your other options. Stewart would probably be the guy as the RB on the worst team, but he's been pretty great the past 4 weeks.

matthew j
Nov 29, 2009

do work son.
Yahoo 1 PPR

Murray or Asiata? I'm leaning Asiata because I just can't believe Dallas would be dumb enough to play Murray for any real length of time.

Actually here's the stable of rb's, pick 3
J. Hill
J. Bell
M. Asiata
D. Murray

matthew j fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Dec 28, 2014

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Rivers or Roethlisberger?

Flex .5 PPR:

Mason
Sanu
Malcolm Floyd
Sproles

Would go with Hilton, but he's questionable and has nothing to play for. Mason is the obvious play but Seattle defense.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
nm

sourdough fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Dec 28, 2014

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
I'm in the championship of the ultimate turd of a league. Two week playoff games (I'm down 15), 2 qb, 2 rb, 2 WR, 1 flex, and full ppr.

I'm down already and this week I'm sitting Brady, Gronk, and probably Murray too. Here's my lovely situation that'll make me lose a league I've dominated all season. They are in order of what I'm picking at the moment.

QB (pick 2)
Stafford
Bridgewater
Sanchez
Brady

RB (pick 2)
Asiata
Murray
Randle
Devonta Freeman
Bernard
Dunbar

WR (pick 2)
Megatron
Hopkins

TE
Olsen

Flex (pick 1)
Torrie Smith
All those rbs

Def
Miami
Detroit

Ugh. Thanks for any help.

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

Week 17 RB help please (I can pick 3 including flex):

Murray
Bell
McCoy
Morris
Miller

:psyboom:

Also, TY Hilton or DeSean Jackson for my WR2? (Obviously keeping Antonio Brown in at WR1)

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Randandal posted:

Week 17 RB help please (I can pick 3 including flex):

Murray
Bell
McCoy
Morris
Miller

:psyboom:

Also, TY Hilton or DeSean Jackson for my WR2? (Obviously keeping Antonio Brown in at WR1)

I'd go with Bell (assuming L. not J.), McCoy and Miller.

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

Sorry I forgot there were two Bells. It's J. Bell, hoping the Lions get into a shootout basically. Those are the three I have tentatively starting as it is - would you change that, knowing it's J. Bell?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Randandal posted:

Sorry I forgot there were two Bells. It's J. Bell, hoping the Lions get into a shootout basically. Those are the three I have tentatively starting as it is - would you change that, knowing it's J. Bell?

Not really, but it does make it more of a coinflip between him and Morris. I'd still go with Bell though.

Arnm616
Dec 4, 2004
You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake.
Turd leagues, no PPR, standard scoring.

I have two positions I am going back and forth about.

QB: Romo vs. Newton - Leaning towards Cam because if Romo has a big 1st half he will probably be benched and Cam actually has something to play for.

Flex: Martavis Bryant vs. Doug Baldwin - Leaning towards Bryant as last time he played CIN he scorched them, but Baldwin may get more targets this week with Kearse injured.

Thoughts?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Projected points are stupid, but Week 17 is more stupid, because this is the first week all year I've got fewer projected points than my opponent. Because Gronk isn't playing and I can't trust Murray. Starting JStew and Heath Miller in their places. Please come up big, dudes.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Cam @ Atl or Rodgers vs DET?

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Daedra posted:

Cam @ Atl or Rodgers vs DET?

Personally I'd have a really hard time sitting Rodgers at home.

Good luck Week 17 warriors!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Go with Rodgers.

• Locked thread