Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
If you have the DLC Heists in Payday 2, players who don't own that DLC can still join your lobbies. Be a cool dude and host lobbies on those heists so more people can play the paid content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
This is literally the worst thread in this subforum including the xbox one sucks megathread and games chat and eve thread. Grats.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

ArfJason posted:

This is literally the worst thread in this subforum including the xbox one sucks megathread and games chat and eve thread. Grats.

:ccb:

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

If anyone comes into a games related thread and threadshits, maybe compliment them on their avatar, and ask if they have any personal problems they want to talk though; a sympathetic ear can work wonders for their demeanor.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

closeted republican posted:

In Unreal Tournament 2004, you can toss freshly spawned teammates your Assault Rifle so that they can hold two Assault Rifles at once and have a good weapon for protecting themselves. It's always nice to help your friends get a head start.

I've been playing this since release and did not know that. How do you do this? :stare:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

ArfJason posted:

Get a bigger hard drive Arf before I have to get brutally assaulted while traveling through Nicaragua trying to get down there to give you one.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Ill give you a hard door slam on your face.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

ArfJason posted:

Ill give you a hard door slam on your face.

Fuckin chuck the hard drive through a window with a poorly written note taped to it in Spanish

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Eye of Widesauron posted:

I've been playing this since release and did not know that. How do you do this? :stare:

I think the default bind is something weird like /, but it's been ages and I always rebind it as soon as I can. Look for anything like "Drop Weapon", or "Toss Weapon".

While we're on UT2k4, if you dig around in the settings, there's a weapons menu that lets you toggle the models for some of the weapons between the 2k4 and 2k3 model.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Fuckin chuck the hard drive through a window with a poorly written note taped to it in Spanish

Doubti g youd last one second against the jungle that surrounds my house and the dismantled cars.and tires laying about
If that doesnt kill you i will

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Dear w.stancer: Im gonna gently caress your rear end human being style.and punch out your balls.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

ArfJason posted:

Dear w.stancer: Im gonna gently caress your rear end human being style.and punch out your balls.

This is a good tip imo

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Sdoots posted:

This is a good tip imo

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Im a stupid piece of poo poo bitch my balls are mini ferrero rocher sized and when my dick is out flight of the bumblebees iexplicably starts playing and i hate eery single.one.of you loving turbofaggots

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
arfjason... why... ;(

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

ArfJason posted:

Im a stupid piece of poo poo bitch my balls are mini ferrero rocher sized and when my dick is out flight of the bumblebees iexplicably starts playing and i hate eery single.one.of you loving turbofaggots

this would upset me too, friend.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Think it's G by default. You can toss any equipped weapon for others to pick up. Killing Floor lets you do this, too and it's really cool.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

When you're playing GTA V online if you're copilot you can really help out in some choppers by using the rockets and even the cameras if you're on voice coms. This especially holds true in missions where you have to face enemy jets.

Noun Verber
Oct 12, 2006

Cool party, guys.
In Bard's Tale you can be a troubadour with the coop code.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Speaking of Co-op stuff was anyone ever able to get Perfect Dark's co-op mode working right on the N64? I really wanted to be able to help my siblings out while we were playing it but it always ran really choppy. Was our cartridge just hosed or is that how the game ran in co-op?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Final Fantasy 6 and Final Fantasy 9 you can have the second player control two characters. I'll be making this same post identically in the griefing thread.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Speaking of Co-op stuff was anyone ever able to get Perfect Dark's co-op mode working right on the N64? I really wanted to be able to help my siblings out while we were playing it but it always ran really choppy. Was our cartridge just hosed or is that how the game ran in co-op?

Goldeneye speedrunners look at the ground cause the game runs faster this way so i dont have hopes that rendering stuff twice in a more advanced goldeneye would work in anything but Powerpoint mode

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Almost every single "Tales of" game has had a co-op mode. Why not get out your GameCube and enjoy the holidays with some friends in front of a heartwarming title like Tales of Symphonia! :)

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I don't think an agreement to actually help each other this time has ever lasted a single level, killing your friends is really fun in that game

I beat this game with my little brother and we made an agreement to not kill each other. Despite this, we still ended up murdering each other purely by accident because of how hectic that game can be. I lost count of the number of times I jumped over a gap only for my brother to follow me, stomp on my head, and send me plummeting to my death as a result.

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!

When you're playing GTA V online if you're copilot you can really help out in some choppers by using the rockets and even the cameras if you're on voice coms. This especially holds true in missions where you have to face enemy jets.
When you're playing GTA online with your newbie friends, host high level missions for them using the pause menu and invite them in, allowing them to experience content that would normally be level-locked.

Another tip, host invite-only instances of the race Criminal Records and during the race trade places with your friends, eventually allowing them to finish in podium positions. This boosts their XP and counts towards car mod unlocks, which require up to 50 race victories to fully unlock. You're the best friend :3:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Alleviating lovely grinding is indeed a very friendly thing to do. :)

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

This is surely why every game is Better With Friends. Including very bad ones.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Great Joe posted:

Think it's G by default. You can toss any equipped weapon for others to pick up. Killing Floor lets you do this, too and it's really cool.

Yep. It's particularly friendly to do in Killing Floor because of the whole "you start with basic weapons and then earn money by killing zombies to get better ones" mechanic -- if someone is joining the server partway through, tossing them a decent gun helps a lot.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Also because if you're playing a class you've got a lot of levels in, you start out with a good gun by default, so you can at least toss your handgun to someone else for dualies.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ullerrm posted:

Yep. It's particularly friendly to do in Killing Floor because of the whole "you start with basic weapons and then earn money by killing zombies to get better ones" mechanic -- if someone is joining the server partway through, tossing them a decent gun helps a lot.

Also helps to level newbies since its much cheaper for you. You can buy them the top shotgun for like 70% off.

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.
In Hyrule Warriors make sure to turn on Network Links in the options - not only will you help others in Adventure Mode but they'll help you too! Also, playing co-op with a buddy is a great way to beat harder levels if you're having trouble!

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

In Mechwarrior Online if you're in a small light mech (or any mech that's not capable of continuing to fight) you can bodyblock a larger enemy so that they can't avoid your allies' fire :black101:

In War Thunder if you wait a bit for the runway to clear before taking off you make takeoff that much easier for everyone else and help cut down on crashes!

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

CatsPajamas posted:

In Hyrule Warriors make sure to turn on Network Links in the options - not only will you help others in Adventure Mode but they'll help you too! Also, playing co-op with a buddy is a great way to beat harder levels if you're having trouble!

I am disappointed that Network Links doesn't hook up like, all the Links, into one really big Link.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
When I was playing Wind Waker HD I would always take several pictures of the harder to find characters and post them online to help out all those Nintendo Gallery hopefuls, though I forgot to tag spoilers for one of them, sorry kids :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Crimson Harvest posted:

I am disappointed that Network Links doesn't hook up like, all the Links, into one really big Link.

Is it something like Dark Souls?

• Locked thread