Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
Are pokeymen like tamagotchis? IDGI, why is it mostly college aged adults that are interested in this poo poo, do they have something to do with weed / sex?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
they have something to do with sex but not people sex

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Lunixnerd posted:

Are pokeymen like tamagotchis? IDGI, why is it mostly college aged adults that are interested in this poo poo, do they have something to do with weed / sex?

it's a cockfighting game with magical animals/monsters with rpg-style elemental attacks. whoever's the first to have all their pets collapse from injury and/or exhaustion loses

also you can do eugenics with them

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
and you can pet them too

and put them through brutal training regimens

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
like a Fisher-Price version of sadism

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Feranon posted:

it's a cockfighting game with magical animals/monsters with rpg-style elemental attacks. whoever's the first to have all their pets collapse from injury and/or exhaustion loses

also you can do eugenics with them

you're making me want to play now

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

gnarlyhotep posted:

like a Fisher-Price version of sadism

doing the eugenics part well usually means a lot of parent/child inbreeding. under the kid friendly sugar coating pokemon is some dark rear end poo poo :unsmigghh:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Feranon posted:

doing the eugenics part well usually means a lot of parent/child inbreeding. under the kid friendly sugar coating pokemon is some dark rear end poo poo :unsmigghh:

well it IS japanese

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i got the new pokeyman game recently and it was cool ven thought it had all these weird complicated mechanics despite the game being stupid easy. so after i beat it decided to try so mp for a fun challegne. then i realized that hahaha if you dont obsessively breed and train perfect pokemons you will be ground to dust online. what a weird hosed up game

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

babypolis posted:

if you dont obsessively breed and train perfect pokemons you will be ground to dust online. what a weird hosed up game

probably by a korean or japanese grade schooler too

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Feranon posted:

probably by a korean or japanese grade schooler too

yeah that was the worst part

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

babypolis posted:

i got the new pokeyman game recently and it was cool ven thought it had all these weird complicated mechanics despite the game being stupid easy. so after i beat it decided to try so mp for a fun challegne. then i realized that hahaha if you dont obsessively breed and train perfect pokemons you will be ground to dust online. what a weird hosed up game

tbf that's true of most online rpgs

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Not in 2nd post voted 1

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
officer jenny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Blue Train posted:

you're making me want to play now

Its pretty fun if you're not too busy with your important gbs posting career to get your Game on, tbf

• Locked thread