Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

sticklefifer posted:

I'd consider a few NXT moves for best move. Sasha's Bank Statement (backstabber/crossface), Buddy Murphy's stalling deadlift suplex, and Kallisto's whatever the gently caress that corner assisted tope was a few weeks back.

Also The Gator Roll Designed to Disorient Your Opponent, of course. :v:

Zayn's Torpedo DDT or bust :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Brie vs Nikki Bella for Worst Feud of the Year because god drat, they went from "I wish you died in the womb" to "We're best friends forever" in two weeks with literally no explanation as to why they're friends again. Being family doesn't count, they're not stupid dumb rednecks who will just happily fight each other for no reason like the Briscoe Bros and not bothering to explain the turn at all was just piss-poor storytelling.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jan 7, 2015

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Flameingblack posted:

Brie vs Nikki Bella for Worst Feud of the Year because god drat, they went from "I wish you died in the fetus" to "We're best friends forever" in two weeks with literally no explanation as to why they're friends again. Being family doesn't count, they're not stupid dumb rednecks who will just happily fight each other for no reason like the Briscoe Bros and not bothering to explain the turn at all was just piss-poor storytelling.

I kept waiting for Brie to turn on Nikki by saying "I only pretended to forgive you so I could get a title shot" but LOL NOPE HEELS FOR NO REASON.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

You know what divas feud killed any interest I had in the division? Paige vs AJ. Remember how much everyone was fawning over Paige? There was no way this could go wrong!

Then AJ called that Survivor Series match in the ring.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Consider This

For worst feud, possibly even Shittiest Thing just for its blatant disgusting :911: pandering:

TNA's Kenny King vs Chris Melendez angle.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

If you're stuck on who to put in the Best Techincal Wrestler category, here are some suggestions:

Kyle O'Reilly
Minoru Suzuki
Zack Sabre Jr. - Watch his matches with Adam Cole and Chris Hero from this year's BOLA.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Sabre didn't have a match with Hero, his Night 3 match was with O'Reilly (and it ruled). That's the good thing about when Zack comes back to PWG this year, literally every matchup is fresh because both guys he's had singles matches with are gone.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Grozz Nuy posted:

Sabre didn't have a match with Hero, his Night 3 match was with O'Reilly (and it ruled). That's the good thing about when Zack comes back to PWG this year, literally every matchup is fresh because both guys he's had singles matches with are gone.

My bad, I must have been thinking of a multi man tag where they interacted.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
Honestly I think you can make a better case for Daniel Bryan as Wrestler of the Year than Best Technical Wrestler.

* He was the focal point of (IMO) the best angle in the top promotion in the world
* He wrestled two matches, both down-ballot MOTY candidates, on the biggest (and IMO best) show of the year
* He crossed over from wrestling into mainstream culture in a way that few wrestlers can, despite his company desperately trying it with plenty of other things

And he did all of this despite starting the year off as an afterthought who was possibly in the process of being intentionally punished for getting over beyond his "spot" on the card. If you vote him for Best Technical, to me it comes off like you're saying:

* I only watch WWE
* You're only a technical wrestler if you have a submission finisher
* I don't like Rusev or Jack Swagger

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

neither rusev nor jack swagger do any technical wrestling at all

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

shameless bump, even though I'm pretty sure we've got a bunch of ballots in.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jan 12, 2015

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

A vote for Talking Shop is a vote for the boys

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

A vote for Talking Shop is a vote for the boys

I don't know, I heard the boys were out back snorting coke off a hooker's rear end in a top hat.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The boys wouldn't do that, they was buyin souvenirs for their little nephews.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
I voted Young Bucks as best wrestler it's allowed

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I voted Young Bucks as best wrestler it's allowed

Can confirm.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I'm going to vote for Boogeyman as he was my favorite wrestler of 2014.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

For more consideration:

Best technical: timothy thatcher
Best feud: randy orton vs tables

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

super macho dude posted:

For more consideration:

Best technical: timothy thatcher
Best feud: randy orton vs tables

Stiff competition from Randy Orton vs Pants, but at least Randy has occasionally gone over tables.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

fatherdog posted:

Stiff competition from Randy Orton vs Pants, but at least Randy has occasionally gone over tables.

He's left pants laid out consistently for a while now.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

:siren: FINAL WARNING!!! :siren:

The voting for the 2014 PSP Pro Wrestling Awards ends at midnight tonight! If you haven't voted yet, you've got about eight hours to get your ballot in!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i voted wheres my sticker

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

The Goog posted:

The voting for the 2014 PSP Pro Wrestling Awards ends at midnight tonight!

Here comes a flood of New Japan entries.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Skunkrocker posted:

Here comes a flood of New Japan entries.

a great promotion with great wrestling and great booking that isnt totally asinine and self destructive getting entries how wild

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Vote MOTYC: NJPW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Voting is now CLOSED. Results soon here!

The Goog fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jan 25, 2015

• Locked thread