Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.

Crain posted:

What are K2 and K3?

K2 and K3 = I Wanna Kill the Kamilia 2 and 3. Neither one is marathon safe in the slightest. Well, maybe if you cut the game out before some of the boss rush bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Double Bill posted:

I've been occasionally watching MANvsGAME going through this, I think he's getting close to 10000 deaths at this point. Some of the boss fights seem harder than most things in Boshy, mostly due to how loving long they are.

I watched him play for a bit. It seemed like every 3 deaths he'd just talk to the chat for a while, which kind of makes progress lovely.

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011

Kanfy posted:

I've been watching a Japanese guy do the same and it's great entertainment to have in the background, especially since the music is pretty good.

I think he's only at around 2000 deaths so far though, but his and the chat's reactions to the countless horrible failures and occasional hard-fought successes never get old.

Link??? Also you now made me want to see Game center CX and Kaicho taking a shot at IWBTG

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

FailAtMagic posted:

Link??? Also you now made me want to see Game center CX and Kaicho taking a shot at IWBTG

Well, like most Japanese streamers (including speedrunners) the guy streams at Niconico so it requires an account and is a bit of a hassle if you don't know that site works or alternatively any Japanese. But here's the guy's next scheduled Wings of Vi broadcast if you can figure it out and I think the previous couple are still available too. He's at the boss fight against three ancient statue thingies at the moment.

Watching Japanese people play western games in general is always pretty interesting. The majority of the popular streams tend to mostly be about Dragon Quest and Pokemon though. :v:

Also watching Arino play any platformer ever made in GCCX is pretty much the equivalent of watching an average person play IWBTG already.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
NicoNico streaming is awful, you're required to refresh every 30 minutes and your stream link updates too.

A good japanese streamer is sva if you like all zelda all the time. He's worth watching for OoT Bingo alone.

http://www.twitch.tv/sva16162/profile

Kerfuffle fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Feb 4, 2015

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I saw that the OpForce speedrun was finally uploaded to the official AGDQ channel and I'm curious if there was ever a consensus as to what the hell was going on with that advertisement macro that kept popping up? Was it some joke or him actually trying to shill something?

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Tracula posted:

I saw that the OpForce speedrun was finally uploaded to the official AGDQ channel and I'm curious if there was ever a consensus as to what the hell was going on with that advertisement macro that kept popping up? Was it some joke or him actually trying to shill something?

Joke that fell flat because nobody remembered him wearing the GUNNAR SHADES(tm) (also as a joke) during one of his runs last year.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Kerfuffle posted:

NicoNico streaming is awful, you're required to refresh every 30 minutes and your stream link updates too.

...and you need a paying subscription to stream, and the interface is godawful and bloated, and the quality is shittastic, etc etc the list goes on. it's a drat abomination and the faster japanese streamers move to twitch (and they are starting to) the better.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
coolkid is one of the best runners of one of the best games so i can let a whiffed joke slide

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Studio posted:

I watched him play for a bit. It seemed like every 3 deaths he'd just talk to the chat for a while, which kind of makes progress lovely.

Yes he has the tendency to lose focus and just start talking about stuff when he gets stuck. Which happens often, I think he was stuck on the Twin Orcs boss for at least a week.

Kung-Fu Jesus
Dec 13, 2003

UA fishnied updaoling evreynight. Enojy:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLz8YL4HVC87X3tYVYOjOLzSasPwgUsMPT

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!

Are you okay?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Aristophanes posted:

Are you okay?

I didn't even notice he typed like that.

It's like a 90s chain e-mail all over again :stare:

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

UraniumAnchor posted:

Joke that fell flat because nobody remembered him wearing the GUNNAR SHADES(tm) (also as a joke) during one of his runs last year.

i dont think you need to remember that to understand that the concept of Gunnars is inherently funny and the concept of someone constantly shilling for them during a speed run is also funny

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Spermgod posted:

i dont think you need to remember that to understand that the concept of Gunnars is inherently funny and the concept of someone constantly shilling for them during a speed run is also funny

You'd be surprised, there were a bunch of people (in here even) that were upset at him posting ads during a charity speedrun.

Kung-Fu Jesus
Dec 13, 2003

Aristophanes posted:

Are you okay?

Nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!

• Locked thread