Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

WickedHate posted:

They sure tried.

Tried? It's some of Brubaker's best work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ghostlight posted:

It was better than Avengers 2.
Nah

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I had a dream I wrote licensed comics, but despite being completely official it was some kind of high school/college newspaper set up. My teacher got me illegally drunk to celebrate my promotion to writer and I did issues for Ed Edd n Eddy and Street Fighter.

What does it all mean.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Tried? It's some of Brubaker's best work.
Right, but Deadenders is a 21st century retro-futuristic book from a publishing line founded on the backs of British creators, with art and covers by British artists, written by an American who was into the whole mod revival in California in the 1990s, edited by a fellow American mod lover who married the British mod loving cover artist of the book. It's nothing to do with America being into "mod" culture in the 1960s, which was the initial question.

THIS, however...

FEEL THE AUTHENTIC UNDERSTANDING OF CONTEMPORARY YOUTH CULTURE

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rhyno posted:

My boss just called me from the shop.

Last week a lady was in looking for "AMALGRAM COMICS." I was able to find 7 or 8 of them in our $1 bins and she seemed pretty happy. So he hands the phone to her and she's just crying because he son is autistic and he perked up and won't stop talking about these books.

Pretty awesome that some really bad comics can make such a difference for a kid. I asked her to bring him by thew store and we can find more books for him but she said he's not good in public and gets violent sometimes so I told her I'd put together a few packs of books for him in the future.

Anyone have some cheap Amalgam comics they want to ditch?

So to go back to this, I have been unable to get the mother on the phone. The number she gave me comes back as disconnected. So I'll be putting any issues gathering on hold for now.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

So to go back to this, I have been unable to get the mother on the phone. The number she gave me comes back as disconnected. So I'll be putting any issues gathering on hold for now.

Your story's gettin shaky pal, soon I'll start to think zoux's puppy doesn't need those X-Men comics

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

You can't fool me, pal. I'm still sending you every copy of Seven Citizens of the Victory Battalion and Rom, Atomic Knight in the tri-state area.

e: And everything featuring SNIKT, the teenage girl whose magic word turns her into a pointy Canadian.

ee: Wisdom of Saskatoon, yellow + knives of the Northwest Territories, endurance of an Igloo, speed of a Kayak, wisdom of Tabarnak.

Squizzle fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Dec 29, 2015

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Is there a Buy/Sell/Trade in BSS or is that just asking for trouble?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Actually make that first one the healing powers of Socialized medicine.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Did Dial a H.U.S.K. have an Amalgam book, or was it just a card?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
HUSK was in the X-force/Doom Patrol book.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Ask me anything about Amalgam Comics, because God knows it's the only time anyone would.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Squizzle posted:

You can't fool me, pal. I'm still sending you every copy of Seven Citizens of the Victory Battalion and Rom, Atomic Knight in the tri-state area.

e: And everything featuring SNIKT, the teenage girl whose magic word turns her into a pointy Canadian.

ee: Wisdom of Saskatoon, yellow + knives of the Northwest Territories, endurance of an Igloo, speed of a Kayak, wisdom of Tabarnak.

Holy poo poo this post.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Squizzle posted:

Bra-loving-vo.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gavok posted:

Haven't fully thought this through, since I never thought about it before, but here's the gist off the top of my head:

Earth/reality is threatened by the Beyonder in some way because the genocide of his race has driven him mad. The main two heroes to try and stop him once all the other heroes are whittled down are Spider-Man and Venom. Venom is wounded/seemingly fried and Spider-Man realizes for the first time that it was Flash under the costume. He takes his own mask off to show him in his final moments that he's Peter Parker. He tells Flash that he should have told him this years ago.

With his eyes staring at nothing, Flash says out loud, "Hey. It's okay. I forgive you," and goes silent.

Spider-Man is the only one left and has to try and reason with the Beyonder. This isn't a fight he can win, so he tries using words and although it almost works, Beyonder is still too far gone and puts his hands around Spider-Man's neck. He monologues about how important it is that he personally snuffs out the best and purest this planet has to offer (or whatever), but Spider-Man's costume springs to life and attaches itself to the Beyonder. It's the Venom symbiote in disguise and in the form of webbed red and blue, it immediately bonds with the Beyonder and starts to cloud/overtake his mind. The two struggle and ultimately destroy each other because they're both in control of the Beyonder's energies.

In the aftermath, Spider-Man finds that Flash survived after all. Flash tells Spider-Man that before he passed out earlier, the symbiote mentally begged Flash for forgiveness because it planned to commit suicide in order to stop the Beyonder. That's what Flash was responding to earlier. It's basically my way to tie Eddie Brock into all of this.

Flash returns to Earth and gets some kind of happy ending, at the very least being trusted with Peter's secret.

I think you're the only poster I've ever seen on the net where I want to see you put your ideas into action.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I think you're the only poster I've ever seen on the net where I want to see you put your ideas into action.
You didn't see the Wrestlevania post.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gavok posted:

Haven't fully thought this through, since I never thought about it before, but here's the gist off the top of my head:

Earth/reality is threatened by the Beyonder in some way because the genocide of his race has driven him mad. The main two heroes to try and stop him once all the other heroes are whittled down are Spider-Man and Venom. Venom is wounded/seemingly fried and Spider-Man realizes for the first time that it was Flash under the costume. He takes his own mask off to show him in his final moments that he's Peter Parker. He tells Flash that he should have told him this years ago.

With his eyes staring at nothing, Flash says out loud, "Hey. It's okay. I forgive you," and goes silent.

Spider-Man is the only one left and has to try and reason with the Beyonder. This isn't a fight he can win, so he tries using words and although it almost works, Beyonder is still too far gone and puts his hands around Spider-Man's neck. He monologues about how important it is that he personally snuffs out the best and purest this planet has to offer (or whatever), but Spider-Man's costume springs to life and attaches itself to the Beyonder. It's the Venom symbiote in disguise and in the form of webbed red and blue, it immediately bonds with the Beyonder and starts to cloud/overtake his mind. The two struggle and ultimately destroy each other because they're both in control of the Beyonder's energies.

In the aftermath, Spider-Man finds that Flash survived after all. Flash tells Spider-Man that before he passed out earlier, the symbiote mentally begged Flash for forgiveness because it planned to commit suicide in order to stop the Beyonder. That's what Flash was responding to earlier. It's basically my way to tie Eddie Brock into all of this.

Flash returns to Earth and gets some kind of happy ending, at the very least being trusted with Peter's secret.

That's pretty good an answer for something dream-me asked a mutated monster version of you while couch surfing through Mexico.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

What about that one post where a crying Superman beats retarded Bizarro to death?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Travis343 posted:

What about that one post where a crying Superman beats retarded Bizarro to death?

Endless Mike posted:

You didn't see the Wrestlevania post.

Ironic ones don't count

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ironic ones don't count

The original "crying Superman beats Bizarro to death" post wasn't ironic.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Skwirl posted:

The original "crying Superman beats Bizarro to death" post wasn't ironic.
Was that one mine? I've had some stupid ideas and it has Superman in it, but I don't remember that one.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

Was that one mine? I've had some stupid ideas and it has Superman in it, but I don't remember that one.

I honestly can't remember who posted it, someone likely has it saved somewhere. The gist of it was that Bizarro was a retarded Superman clone who wants to do good,but always ends up causing massive property damage and huge fatalities. So Superman realizes he has to pull a Lenny from of Mice and Men and put him down.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Skwirl posted:

I honestly can't remember who posted it, someone likely has it saved somewhere. The gist of it was that Bizarro was a retarded Superman clone who wants to do good,but always ends up causing massive property damage and huge fatalities. So Superman realizes he has to pull a Lenny from of Mice and Men and put him down.

Besides, we've already seen that put in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPb8ktFo3po

(Check out the post-credits alternate ending)

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Is Wrestlevania a game where the Belmont clan is replaced by WWE stars? I don't follow wrestling but I would play a game where you explore Dracula's castle unlocking wrestling moves that allow you to advance to different places ultimately ending in a showdown between you and Luchacula.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

CapnAndy posted:

It was that guy with the pixelart duck avatar. Was that you? I think this guy still has the same av.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Len posted:

Is Wrestlevania a game where the Belmont clan is replaced by WWE stars? I don't follow wrestling but I would play a game where you explore Dracula's castle unlocking wrestling moves that allow you to advance to different places ultimately ending in a showdown between you and Luchacula.

The only problem I have with merging Wrestlemania and Castlevania is that we'd have to replace Drac with Gangrel. Yeesh.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Travis343 posted:

It was that guy with the pixelart duck avatar. Was that you? I think this guy still has the same av.
No, I've never been a duck.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Found the quote, in this years QA thread, but sadly no link to the original:

SlimGoodbody posted:

On that note, I think Bizarro, while maybe not a good villain to carry a movie, could be a tragic and beautiful piece of plot for a Supes movie. Someone (maybe Luthor, yawn) attempts to clone a Superman they can control, or maybe reverse engineer Superman-like abilities with a few drops of his blood. They want to use it to discredit the original Supes and turn public opinion against him. Bizarro ends up breaking loose and rampaging.

Don't make him evil, make him really dishearteningly broken in the head. He just keeps trying to "help" and "do the right thing," but he gets it all wrong because he's mentally deficient. Think Lenny trying to pet the rabbits. The plot arc culminates in Superman realizing that no amount of interposing will ever stop Bizarro from trying to do the right thing, just as no amount of interference would ever stop Superman from trying to do the right thing. We see Superman crying as he has to beat the life out of Bizarro, who doesn't understand what he's done. Superman doesn't want to do it, but it's a burden he has to bear in order to make the world safer. Supes has a period of reflection on whether he's any different, or if he's getting in the way of humanity moving itself forward by coddling it so much. He decides that he has to follow Bizarro's example and keep trying to do right, no matter what, and goes to take on the big bad guy that was responsible for/controlling Bizarro with a new sense of anger and purpose.

Or something. Whatever. You get the idea.

I don't have search, this is just off of Google. Someone else might be able to find the original.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Lurdiak posted:

The only problem I have with merging Wrestlemania and Castlevania is that we'd have to replace Drac with Gangrel. Yeesh.

Castlevania fits better with Lucha Underground anyway.

(Reminder: Everyone watch Lucha Underground. It's the loving best.)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gavok posted:

Castlevania fits better with Lucha Underground anyway.

(Reminder: Everyone watch Lucha Underground. It's the loving best.)

There's no way you can find a better Death than Taker. Even La Parka can't cut it.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Kane could be a reasonable Drac replacement.

What is a man? VOTE RON PAUL END THE FED

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Lurdiak posted:

There's no way you can find a better Death than Taker. Even La Parka can't cut it.

Mil Muertes is a thousand Deaths.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig4UmaokbzQ

He's also planked by three skeleton men and a teleporting ghost lady.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ironic ones don't count

I'm not being ironic about Wrestlevania.

Squizzle posted:

Sorry for the delay. Family thing came up.

:vince:

Truly a miraculous thing is happening, goon friends, as all three of these persons have super-analogues in the same domain of Battleworld. And though it much torments my spirit to report such sadness, I must say that it is a grim realm indeed. Using the ancient and terrible magicks of the Darkhold, Dracula has become powerful beyond your most horrible vampire-centric nightmares. He has used evil wizard spells to make it nighttime, all the time, and to make all weapons disappear completely. Also Dracula replaced all government with organized monster-crime syndicates.

To replace weaponry, Dracula's gangster armies and those who battle them develop their unarmed fighting prowess. In the domain of Wrestlevania, only the swole survive.

Chill Penguin, your counterpart here is El Veneno Negro. Your otherworldly symbiotic mask grants you powers, abilities, and a muscular tongue which have made you the bane of the Fanggia crime family. You fight for vegeance: when you were but a tiny child, your father dared to challenge the Fanggia don Lucho Nefario. The vampire's ion-enhanced strength easily overwhelmed your father's technical excellence. As punishment for defiance, Nefario took your father's mask and shaved his head. Only by grapple-slaying Nefario can you restore your family honor.

Your alternate, Genetic Toaster, has died, but still works as a gangster in service of the capo Silvermane-by-Night. You are a "made man"—a frankensteinian patchwork resurrection. While most of your body remains intact, certain organs were replaced with those from deceased mutant brothers. Like the brothers, you now have the ability to absorb various forms of cosmic energy. Unlike the brothers, you channel this energy into your arms, expending it to perform devastating clinches and holds. Some have openly speculated that you could out-wrestle much higher-ranked gangsters, like Triple-Harold or the King of Pins. Within the monster crime community, you're known by the brothers' family name, as the Summers Soldier.

Inspired by scientific wonders like the Suplex Soldier Serum, or the atomic drop that turned Jericho Drumm into the raging Hulk Houngan, the scientists of AIM (Advanced Istanbuli Mechanics) toil in secret labs to research and develop new super-wrestlers to deploy against Dracula's minions. Their leader is your counterpart, Soonmot—as well as one of AIM's most powerful wrestling creations. It takes the name MODOG (Muscular, Oil-Drenched Ottoman Grappler).

• Locked thread