Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

smertrioslol posted:

It's really fun to laugh at my leadership when they say I'll never make tech because I don't do anymore volunteer stuff. "But Sgt Smertrios, you do so much school" - probably because I'm getting the gently caress out of this doomed organization.

Poor and white, need GI bill :smith:

but you're doing it right by using TA to get schooling done, and banking that GI Bill. that's you getting yours.

and as long as you get yours, gently caress everyone else. haters gonna hate, ain'ters gonna ain't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think my leadership wants to make my shop into two people and then I become NCOIC because I test for tech next year and need whatever. Too bad I'm getting the gently caress out. I've spent too long working on not an air force base. There's no way I could ever PCS somewhere as a staff or tech and not end up looking like a retard when they expect me to know how to do air force stuff. I've spent the past six months doing nothing but getting paid to browse the internet. I'm going to spend the next year doing the same. I need to get out and get a real job.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

Cojawfee posted:

I need to get out

CaptainStag
Sep 29, 2004

Good acting is a practiced craft, one that suggests subtlety and nuance.

Cojawfee posted:

Too bad I'm getting the gently caress out. I've spent too long working on not an air force base.

The best times of my enlistment were at Kadena when I worked with Army, Navy and civilians. Basically everyone not Air Force. People were really happy when poo poo got done and there was almost no drama.

Going from that to a base that's full on 24/7 AF nonsense sucks.

CaptainStag fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Feb 2, 2015

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I work almost exclusively with the guard right now and it's pretty awesome. Active duty is way too dependent on hierarchy, so lovely captains and majors never actually learn that they suck because as far as they can tell people do what they say! poo poo would not fly in a guard unit, which is to say they'd probably not even get hired to begin with.

• Locked thread