Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

A few months ago I changed career directions and went from banking into real estate. Right now I am mostly in apartment rentals and trying to find leads, and this can be from many sources. Craigslist, your professional network, word of mouth, referrals, walk ins, etc. The broker I work under wants to make a big push this year into social networking. Linked In, Facebook, Twitter. I use Linked In a lot, sort of am on Facebook, but Twitter is foreign to me.

Is anyone here using Twitter right now, and if so how? What are some good strategies? Are there pitfalls or things to avoid? How do you get followers? Has it been effective?

I'll follow you if you follow me :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web
For your purposes, the best way is to:
a) get verified, apparently that's a thing
b) search for keywords like "[city] rental" - you'll find some people who are trying to rent. tweet them with a link that will be helpful to them to try and start a relationship. Rinse, repeat.
c) I don't know if you really need a lot of followers. Having the right hashtags is more important.
d) twitter pretty much sucks

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

moana posted:

d) twitter pretty much sucks

So something I go through the motions to impress my boss?

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web
You can get clients by searching them out using keywords like I said, but randomly adding followers won't do you much good apart from impressing your boss. There are tools where you can batch follow and unfollow people if your only goal is to get a shitton of followers. Hashtags are how I get sales (links + #kindle #99c) but I dunno how much that could help you in your area of business.

• Locked thread