Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Popeye's is Real Good and I wish the lovely Raising Cane's they built down the street from me was a Popeye's instead.

Cane's sucks. If it wasn't for their sauce, that whole company would be out of business right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Jesus Christ posted:

Glary, you are the only mod I have been in favor of in quite a long while, but Smelly Dude seems to actually be a legit poster and I see no reason to slam down on him. His posting may be prolific and his aroma quite extensive but as far as I've seen he's been one of the best contributions to these here forums.

yeah I guess you're right

sorry for snapping at you OP

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Universe Master posted:

Chicken wings are a scam. Here, have the worst part of the chicken, nothing but bone and gristle, but we cover it in hot sauce and make eating it a macho challenge, and we can open whole restaurants devoted to it.

The only good chicken wings are when they just take white meat tenders and call them "boneless wings". Then you can eat the hot-as-gently caress sauces and get your fingers and mouth all nasty like a slob while actually getting filled up with chicken meat instead of grease and cartilage.

Buffalo Wild Wings is pretty great, is what I'm saying.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Mac Tonight posted:

Cane's are top tier chicken fingers.

Look at this wrong, bland-food-eatin, diseased-nasty-pozzed-gay-philadelphia-public-toilet-sex-havin rear end bitch right here.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs

King Vidiot posted:

The only good chicken wings are when they just take white meat tenders and call them "boneless wings". Then you can eat the hot-as-gently caress sauces and get your fingers and mouth all nasty like a slob while actually getting filled up with chicken meat instead of grease and cartilage.

Buffalo Wild Wings is pretty great, is what I'm saying.

Yeah, we're seven pages deep here and nobody has mentioned BWW until now. I agree that their sauces and chicken (not to mention their potater wedges) are all pretty tasty. Unfortunately, they're also overpriced and you're forced to sit at a table and be waited on. I guess when it comes to chicken I prefer getting it to go instead

Areola Grande fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jan 4, 2015

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Ancient Aroma posted:

Yeah, we're six pages deep here and nobody has mentioned BWW until now. I agree that their sauces and chicken (not to mention their potater wedges) are all pretty tasty. Unfortunately, they're also overpriced and you're forced to sit at a table and be waited on. I guess when it comes to chicken I prefer getting it to go instead

That's why you only go when they're having a sale on whichever wings you prefer (which should be boneless unless you're a weird).

And being waited on is fine if you sit at the bar and order a bunch of overpriced beer.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

psyopmonkey posted:

Protip: use watered down pancake mix with seasalt for a super awesome crunchtacular experience.

:worship: :worship: :worship:

What about that Vidalea fried onion blossom batter mix? I fried some shrimp in that mixed with Cajun seasoning and black pepper once and it was MMMMMMMMMMMgood

EDIT: Also how do you thin-slice your chicken breasts? I'm somewhat new to this "slicing chicken" thing and would like something I can try the next time I make fajitas.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jan 4, 2015

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs

King Vidiot posted:

That's why you only go when they're having a sale on whichever wings you prefer (which should be boneless unless you're a weird).

And being waited on is fine if you sit at the bar and order a bunch of overpriced beer.

You make many good points that I never considered.

What about chicken & waffles though? I never understood the concept too well. I mean, is it just a piece of fried chicken on a Belgian waffle or what?

Do you put syrup on it? Tobasco? Both?

Somebody help me pls

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Drink Cheerwine posted:

bonchon is the truth and the light but you probably live in texarkana or something

http://www.bonchon.com/sub03/sub0301.php

good luck

Try our robust and savory soy-garlic chicken to experience the deep flavor of soy sauce with a garlicky kick. Soy sauce and garlic are essential seasoning ingredients in Korean cooking, used as often as salt and pepper to enhance the flavors of many dishes.

To feel some intense heat, bite into our hot and spicy chicken, which is brushed with our sauce made with fiery, red chili peppers. Red chili peppers are dried and ground up into the sweet and smoky spice Koreans call ‘gochugaru’ (literally ‘pepper powder’). This is the key ingredient our flaming hot sauce.

get both

I live in Philly and I miss this more than any cheesesteak when I am gone.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

:worship: :worship: :worship:

What about that Vidalea fried onion blossom batter mix? I fried some shrimp in that mixed with Cajun seasoning and black pepper once and it was MMMMMMMMMMMgood

EDIT: Also how do you thin-slice your chicken breasts? I'm somewhat new to this "slicing chicken" thing and would like something I can try the next time I make fajitas.

Get a Right or Left hand ground blade.

Its a knife where the blade is only honed/sharpened on one side. It makes for very thin cuts.

A lot of Sushi Knives are constructed this way.

Heres the knife I use.
http://www.amazon.com/Sekizo-Yanagiba-Sashimi-Knife-240mm/dp/B000OIEP86/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1420416330&sr=8-2&keywords=sushi+knife

I can get some nice 1/4inch cuts if I try hard.

You could also just ask your butcher.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

psyopmonkey posted:

Get a Right or Left hand ground blade.

Its a knife where the blade is only honed/sharpened on one side. It makes for very thin cuts.

A lot of Sushi Knives are constructed this way.

Heres the knife I use.
http://www.amazon.com/Sekizo-Yanagiba-Sashimi-Knife-240mm/dp/B000OIEP86/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1420416330&sr=8-2&keywords=sushi+knife

I can get some nice 1/4inch cuts if I try hard.

You could also just ask your butcher.

1/4" cuts is not really considered thin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I had Popeyes for lunch. Popeyes owns. Three pieces spicy right out of the fryer and red beans and rice. My life rules.

• Locked thread