Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
on a semi related note. Is it ethical to jack it when your cat is in the room? Your cat is most likely under 18 and legally retarded so does that fall under indecent exposure laws?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

on a semi related note. Is it ethical to jack it when your cat is in the room? Your cat is most likely under 18 and legally retarded so does that fall under indecent exposure laws?

yes

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I've never farted on any cat. Am I a fraud?

e: I have messed with myself with up to and including two cats in the room. I've farted near my cat, never on.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

it all depends on whether or not you make eye contact cause that little guy will be watching you

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Had a cat once, it was weird when I was trying to wank and it was staring at me.
Stop making me feel guilty mittens this is me in my most shameful moment.

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

i farted directly in my friends dogs face because it was sleeping next to my butt and it sneezed because of it

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
fart as thou wilt is the whole of the law (on cats)

PodunkWolf
Dec 1, 2002

Myron Baloney posted:

fart as thou wilt is the whole of the law (on cats)

LMAO this!

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Maybe you scaredy girls should start by farting on ants and work up to being one of the cat farting big boys.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
my dog loves to come chill in bed with me when she wakes up in the morning. she usually wants to come under the covers, most likely cos it smells like farts in there. if i let it rip when shes under she starts sniffing frantically but won't leave, so i guess she loves it

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Why would anyone not fart on a cat?

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Sheep-Goats posted:

Why would anyone not fart on a cat?

cats are loving assholes, so i def. would not put my "family jewels" near those claws

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Why do all dog owners have to hate cats and vice versa, can't we all just get along?

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
dote up a cat

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3
I have never farted on a cat, but I once peed on my cat when she jumped up onto the toilet as I was pissing. Jumped right through the stream, freaked out and hid under the bed. Good times.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Squee posted:

I have never farted on a cat, but I once peed on my cat when she jumped up onto the toilet as I was pissing. Jumped right through the stream, freaked out and hid under the bed. Good times.

:hfive:

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Rapman the Cook posted:

farting on ants

No no no no no no no no no

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

TEAYCHES posted:

i believe it is wrong to fart on a cat because unlike dogs, cats have a sense of dignity and self-respect. even if they cannot fully comprehend exactly what it means that they have been farted on, they clearly do not like it. you should respect your cats autonomy and sense of pride. please respect your cats

fart on your dog all you want though, they are slavish in nature, reprehensible

kill all muslims and cats

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
cats are stupid, way more stupid than dogs

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
a nigga who fart on he own cat?

a shameful nigga

Ogodei_Khan
Feb 28, 2009
It depends under what ethical framework. This does not imply a specific view of ethical properties though. You could actually believe in moral realism or be a moral nihilist while still having an ethical normative view. A virtue ethicist would ask what virtue am I expressing when I fart on a cat? Are there any exemplars that would fart on a cat? The answer would differ if we are talking contemporary virtue ethics or if we are discussing older views. The older peripatetic philosophers would have used it as a way to classify who you are as well. So if you farted on the cat it would be unbecoming of a some groups of people but fitting for others. In a act utilitarian view point it matters if we accept that the cat is capable of producing happiness. Happiness does not require complex sentience under the utilitarian scheme. The rule utilitarian would look to see if the outcome of farting on a cat produced more net happiness in the past. It may be that the rule utilitarian would endorse farting on a cat because they only knew a cat who could not smell. The act utilitarian on the other hand would find a have to evaluate cats as a group and just ignore the context of that single cat for the most part. A deontological ethicist would claim first check to see if he is ignoring some analytic concept through his action. So for instance a deontological ethicist would not take out a loan with an intent to not pay it back, because it would undo the concept of a loan. He would then check to see if his action was not using humans as a means. The He would also check his intentions. Did he seek harm by farting at the cat? If they had a bad intention it was ethically wrong.

There are other ethical views which are more modes of action or existing. The epicureans, stoics and cynics are negative hedonists. They seem better durational pleasure rather than more. A stoic or epicurean for instance would focus on how acting influences his behavior. So watching anime may make him better and offset desiring. Epicureans worked in a similar way but they focused on the consistent affects that produced happiness. The big difference is how they understood how we understood ontology and differences. Expanding the aesthetic to an ethical is a form of aesthetic naturalism. This is like the claim of Thomas Aquinas. In that view a certain aesthetic relationship is coextensive with a ethical natural property or a singular property expresses both the aesthetic and ethical.

Edit: Fixed

Ogodei_Khan fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jan 4, 2015

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007
I farted in my friend's dog's face before and it barked a couple of times.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I just did a massive fart while my cat was sat on my lap now he is on top of the piano scowling at me.

My working hypothesis is that cats do not like being farted on.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

TEAYCHES posted:

what about farting on your dog

I did this one time and he started licking the air.

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

Thanks for the avatar man!
:tutbutt::gas: :3:

:hfive:

Francis Baconator fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jan 6, 2015

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

krampster2 posted:

Why do all dog owners have to hate cats and vice versa, can't we all just get along?

They're certainly united in their general lack of understanding and minor apprehension of people who like birds.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
a bay

• Locked thread