Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

toggle posted:

Political comedians

lol

Janeane garofalo

lmao

Oh god I saw her at a festival and she is THE WORST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

TEAYCHES posted:

john oliver is a political comedian, but then so is bill maher, dennis miller.. imo nothing bad about political comedy just that its real difficult to pull off

I think i just dislike the preaching

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

toggle posted:

same, it's the opposite of funny

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

toggle posted:

What about when you agree with it. Thats who its there for anyhow.

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
i would literally claw and chew bill maher's face off like a rabid animal irl

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
vision goes black, i wake up covered in blood vomiting bits of smirk

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

fanged wang posted:

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

a posting ghost posted:

What about when you agree with it. Thats who its there for anyhow.

It bugs me even if I do. It becomes gratuitous. Social commentary in comedy takes a lot of tact

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I like Doug Stanhope.

Hes soooo angry! :ohdear:

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I watched the entire stupid show because of this thread.

imo the first season was pretty funny but right when will arnett started playing a bigger role the funniness dropped. Definitely worth a watch... although the OP was right about the ending, it's complete dogshit, it's so bad that they have a character explain all the inconsistencies and bullshit about the ending right before it ends.

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

"There are fair questions about shooting non-lethally at retreating civilian combatants."

pathetic little tramp posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh-8NClsmNg

This is actually pretty good and the only funny thing that was ever on the show, plus it's a pretty nice way to get some good old-fashioned anti-semitism into a tv show with no one noticing

What? Where? Explain!

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

a bone to pick posted:

I watched the entire stupid show because of this thread.

imo the first season was pretty funny but right when will arnett started playing a bigger role the funniness dropped. Definitely worth a watch... although the OP was right about the ending, it's complete dogshit, it's so bad that they have a character explain all the inconsistencies and bullshit about the ending right before it ends.

The man pointing out the consistencies is Spike Jonez

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Carlin did get kind of ranty and preachy towards the end, but I feel like you kind of earn that when you're as prolific as he was before that point. It's like letting a war hero ramble on to their Denny's waitress before they order an omelette.

This seems like a good Stanhope bit on political comedy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCGkVyyDOcU

Fidel Cuckstro fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jan 6, 2015

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

"There are fair questions about shooting non-lethally at retreating civilian combatants."

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Carlin did get kind of ranty and preachy towards the end, but I feel like you kind of earn that when you're as prolific as he was before that point. It's like letting a war hero ramble on to their Denny's waitress before they order an omelette.

Seriously, George Carlin was the man. Wrong on some issues, sure, but he had the balls to practice free speech the way it ought be practiced.

PollosBromanos
May 18, 2012

fanged wang posted:

Would this be an exception? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x64cy3Bcr98

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

The original pilot was actually very good, I watched the 'new' pilot and didn't bother watching any more after that, it was really flat especially in juxtaposition with the original one. Cross's older standup was way better, Bigger and Blackerer felt like someone doing a David Cross impersonation.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I like Mitch Hedberg.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

nooneofconsequence posted:

I like Mitch Hedberg.

A correct opinion.

Anorexic Robot
Nov 11, 2012
Not enough Bob Odenkirk in this thread

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

this guy should have voiced grumpy cat in the grumpy cat movie because that's basically all he is

Drunk & Ugly posted:

i loving hated run ronnie run at the time of viewing and yet i love cross in most of his other stuff

why

some studio guy put a lovely director in charge who completely hosed the movie up, hth

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

what no that's loving awful jesus christ

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
why is that short dick idiot who pays for sex trying to tell me about women wtf

open container
Sep 16, 2008
bill maher: a true man's man

PollosBromanos
May 18, 2012
If you look at the info the category is listed as Education lol

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

luncheon meat posted:

this guy should have voiced grumpy cat in the grumpy cat movie because that's basically all he is

some studio guy put a lovely director in charge who completely hosed the movie up, hth

they also cut so much out in post-production that cross and odenkirk ended up disavowing the movie in protest. i still like it, mostly because its ignorant, and cause of the songs.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I saw this show a few years ago and the first thing I thought was "goddamn he got fat."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
The only time Bill Hicks has ever made me laugh was when he had a big fat baby meltdown over being heckled despite making a living off of telling people more successful than he is to kill themselves,

• Locked thread