Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mandy Thompson
Dec 26, 2014

by zen death robot

TheImmigrant posted:

Is there a website I can visit or a book I can get that will help me maximize my white privilege? I feel as though I'm missing out when I hear this term. I am Jewish, so not technically white (although an Oppressor nonetheless, because, like, Palestine!), but can often Pass for white.

Actually the best way would be to just completely ignore the problem. You can maximize your privilege by looking at the world as though it is and always has been a fair and just meritocracy. The core of white privilege is the ability to be ignorant of it with no repercussions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Yeah the best way to maximize white privilege is to ensure that it continues to exist while simultaneously denying that it exists and based on your posting history you're already doing as much as you can.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

SplashDemon posted:

Height Privilege.

Fight privilege

Kite privilege

Tight privilege

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

SedanChair posted:

Fight privilege

But... Jack Johnson knocked him the gently caress out?! :confused:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

BrandorKP posted:

No but there is a cultural standard of beauty spread by media and culture. It's very white and very blond. If your kid looks like Taylor Swift and Anderson Cooper had a baby, that's a thing that happens.

No, but if you're a white kid and you do something wrong, you get treated different, you might not even be punished. Concepts like "youthful indiscretion" or "just teenage behavior" apply to your actions. A more specific example would be how young white drug users get treated differently than young black drug users.

Some where along the line if you are white, male, and even moderately good looking, it becomes obvious that not everybody gets treated like you get treated. I went to an Academy. That's privileged white male central.

Here's another one:

You'll know you're privileged when:

People you meet even only incidentally always remember who you are and always positively. Often even years later. You have no idea who they are. You expect this situation as the norm.

Anecdotal, but I've always had the opposite experience. But I assume it's because I'm generally one of the few black guys in white dominant circles.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

ThirdPartyView posted:

But... Jack Johnson knocked him the gently caress out?! :confused:

He got exiled to Europe for it to.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
as a white individual:

steal indiscriminately in walmart and pharmacies, security never looks for white folks (i'm white and i do this all the time, never got caught, black friend never stole anything, gets tracked all the time)

if you really wanna be a horrible human being and get away with it hire an illegal immigrant maid/butler for poo poo pay, sexually harass/beat him/her up everyday and threaten deporting him/her if he/she complains about anything

alternatively hire a black person instead, and instead of deportation make sure he/she gets the point they'd never win a lawsuit against a successful white lawyer

as a white individual in a white people mob:

get hammered in public, thrash poo poo, riot, point guns at cops, beat people up, steal property, go home and pretend it didn't happen, law enforcement sure will

that's pretty much it if you wanna exert your whitey powers to the max, i guess

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

bagual posted:

as a white individual:

steal indiscriminately in walmart and pharmacies, security never looks for white folks (i'm white and i do this all the time, never got caught, black friend never stole anything, gets tracked all the time)

if you really wanna be a horrible human being and get away with it hire an illegal immigrant maid/butler for poo poo pay, sexually harass/beat him/her up everyday and threaten deporting him/her if he/she complains about anything

alternatively hire a black person instead, and instead of deportation make sure he/she gets the point they'd never win a lawsuit against a successful white lawyer

as a white individual in a white people mob:

get hammered in public, thrash poo poo, riot, point guns at cops, beat people up, steal property, go home and pretend it didn't happen, law enforcement sure will

that's pretty much it if you wanna exert your whitey powers to the max, i guess

wtf is wrong with you

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

tbp posted:

wtf is wrong with you

thread asked for maximizing white privilege, here it is, and it's as loving horrible as it should be

human trafficking still exists, mostly from third world countries to first world countries. guess what, white people can have sex slaves and get away with it

edit: another way of maximizing white privilege is travelling to known westerner-friendly sexual tourism havens and loving 10 year old prostitutes, forgot that one

bagual fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jan 8, 2015

karlor
Apr 15, 2014

:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
College Slice
Ah, To Be Young, Rich, White, Male, College-Educated, Straight, And In Love

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

bagual posted:

thread asked for maximizing white privilege, here it is, and it's as loving horrible as it should be

human trafficking still exists, mostly from third world countries to first world countries. guess what, white people can have sex slaves and get away with it

edit: another way of maximizing white privilege is travelling to known westerner-friendly sexual tourism havens and loving 10 year old prostitutes, forgot that one

Patpong, Bangkok is chock-full of Gulf Arab sex tourists. Do you think sex tourism is limited to white people? I don't want to share my privilege with Others.

TheImmigrant fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jan 8, 2015

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
the sexual abuse and violent degradation of house employees is not fiction btw, here in brasil white scions of wealthy (or even middle class, house work is dirt cheap here) are known for abusing and threatening mostly black domestic workers. but i guess a black person could theoretically abuse a white maid SO IT'S NOT WHITE PRIVILEGE AND RACISM DON'T EXIST YO

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

TheImmigrant posted:

Patpong, Bangkok is chock-full of Gulf Arab sex tourists. Do you think sex tourism is limited to white people? I don't want to share my privilege with Others.

i was thinking of Rio where pasty foreigners go whoring in the mullato shantytowns, but whatever, doesn't change the fact the majority of sex slaves worldwide are sold to the "developed world"

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

bagual posted:

i was thinking of Rio where pasty foreigners go whoring in the mullato shantytowns, but whatever, doesn't change the fact the majority of sex slaves worldwide are sold to the "developed world"

The Gulf emirates and kingdoms are developed, I agree.

That's tangential to MY privilege though.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

TheImmigrant posted:

The Gulf emirates and kingdoms are developed, I agree.

That's tangential to MY privilege though.

well, if you or any of your loved ones or anyone you grew up with ever has any relation to sexual slavery, it'll probably not be on the supply side, but of course you never had to think of that possibility

also lol if you think more slaves go to gulf states than the USA

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

bagual posted:

well, if you or any of your loved ones or anyone you grew up with ever has any relation to sexual slavery, it'll probably not be on the supply side, but of course you never had to think of that possibility

also lol if you think more slaves go to gulf states than the USA

I guess you've never heard of Silk Road. No not the internet drug site, but the Chinese sex trade where the "Silk" part refers to the preferred skin color of the victims.

Of course that doesn't fit your racist US centric narrative, so of course you've never heard of that.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

Powercrazy posted:

I guess you've never heard of Silk Road. No not the internet drug site, but the Chinese sex trade where the "Silk" part refers to the preferred skin color of the victims.

Of course that doesn't fit your racist US centric narrative, so of course you've never heard of that.

googled it, got nothing, please educate me

also, from what i know europe and the usa are the top destinations for human trafficking worldwide, with japan and southeast asia coming second, and trafficked persons consisting mostly of people from africa, central asia and latin america, am i misinformed?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Powercrazy posted:

Go on...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I assume he's referring to the fact that lighter skinned women, especially East Asian, are generally "more preffered" which in practice generally means lighter skinned non-white women are the ones abducted. It's not really a Liam Neeson's "Taken" type scenario or something.

• Locked thread