Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
Pax Centurion is the Boston Police Union's newsletter that goes out about every two months.
https://www.bppa.org/pax/

Since it's the holidays, this is the Christmas issue!

It covers the Boston EMS / EMTs too.

It's so festive, here is Christmas poem for us to share:

Clement Clarke Carnell posted:

The Night Before Amnesty

‘Twas the night before amnesty, and all through the nation,
Illegals were dancing, with a sense of elation!
The Dear Leader declared, with his arrogance regal,
That invading our borders had now become legal.
The children had been sent, on the top of a train,
To take advantage of liberals, who were clearly insane.
But the thing that disturbed us, that looked slightly weird,
was that some of the “children” were sporting a beard?
And just o’er the border, ‘cross the wide Rio Grande,
Where the President had offered his welcoming hand,
The border patrol found Korans and prayer rugs,
And typhus, and scabies and all sorts of bugs!
Then out on the street, there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from my cruiser to see what was the matter.
The moon on the snow gave a heavenly sheen,
And the “children” had tattoos that said “MS-13.”
When what to my wondering eyes should I see,
But a miniscule Governor, we called “Mini-Me.”
He came in a sleigh that was painted in red,
And his shoulders - (without neck) - were attached to his head.
An army of sycophants and suck-pumps they came,
as he whistled and shouted and called them by name.
“On Olga (DCF) Roche, and (drive slowly) Tim Murray!
I’m going to Washington and I’m in a hurry.”
“On bureaucrats, On administrators, On second-tier hacks!”
As he fell from the sleigh with his hand full of sacks.
And he passed out the checks and the EBT cards,
To the non-working people with their butts made of lard.
Here’s section 8 housing and a voucher from “WIC,”
“I don’t care if it’s going to make taxpayers sick.”
Here’s food stamps and health care, and it’s all for free!
It’s paid by the suckers… not my friends or me!”
And we heard him exclaim as he drove out of sight,
“Screw you stupid taxpayers, have a merry good night...
For all you illegals, I’ll pull out the stops,
And take away benefits from hard-working cops.”
“And If they don’t like it… well… they can go….
There’s lots of room in Mexico!”

They also offer some insight from the rank and file from the BPD.

quote:

President Obama mentioned in a speech that Muslims were a
“part of the fabric of America” from the very beginning. As a student
of history, I don’t recall seeing that in any of the books I read. File
under: Osama Ben Franklin.

quote:

Why do Reproductive Rights include abortion? A procedure that
by its very nature, halts reproduction.

quote:

How do you spot a true believer? Ask a liberal woman if she would
forego a diamond. Ask an atheist to sell their soul. Ask an abortion
rights activist to support the death penalty.

Let's dive through these magazine issues together and see what our boys in blue are thinking and going through. There are some back issues which are much less festive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
https://www.bppa.org/pax/PAX2014Summer.pdf

Another Muslim immigrant to our shores has been implicated in the
Marathon Bombing. At least this one had a job.

MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome) has been reported in
the United States. The disease is believed to have originated in Saudi
Arabia, and is possibly contracted from camels. Hmm MERS from
camels, AIDS from monkeys, can you crazy Third World perverts
STOP making out with animals?

Badera
Jan 30, 2012

Student Brian Boyko has lost faith in America.
Holy poo poo, this is magical.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Hey, let's not forget Thee Rant and PoliceOne, both of which require verification of being law enforcement to post there, and the postings of which would be quite at home in the Freep thread.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
This is like our police force in the UK hiring Bernard Manning to perform at their functions back in '96. I don't know who they get these days now that he's dead and since it came up in Parliament.

edit: oh my god

quote:

Recent events in Ferguson, and New York City, highlight the dangers Police Officers face every day. The “hands up don’t shoot” meme turned up everywhere – despite it being proved inaccurate, and false by eyewitnesses

quote:

The continued controversy is being fueled by the media, and race hustlers like Al Sharpton

quote:

How would they deal with a 300 pound man intent on taking their gun? Or trying to handcuff an uncooperative giant? Just speculating here, but if the outcome were different-say Mike Brown got Officer Wilson’s gun? Would he have been satisfied to shake hands, and call it a day, or tell the Officer he’d drop it by the station later? No, he was enraged and high, and made poor choices that day- which ruined many lives, least of which was his own.

quote:

The case of Eric Garner is a bit more interesting, in part because of the video shot during the incident... If he were being arrested for murder or rape, would there be a media frenzy? If it was such a b@!!&#!+ charge, take the pinch – it wasn’t his first – and let the judge throw it out or fine you. HE chose to resist, and again, it cost him dearly.
But what if the NYPD just let him go? Would the Officers then face the wrath of their supervisors, an irate City Councilor, Public Health Official? Don’t forget, this is the place that wanted to ban soft drinks! And Garner was selling – GASP... untaxed cigarettes! The loss of a life is a tragedy, and to be avoided at all costs, but in some cases this is how it ends.

On the jokes page along with the "Osama Ben Franklin" one.

Stottie Kyek fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Jan 9, 2015

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Oh man, The Pax. I live in Boston, and this isn't the first time our cops have written (and defended) some dumb poo poo.

About a year ago or so it even made some headlines, but nothing really came of it.

http://thephoenix.com/boston/news/140923-poo poo-boston-cops-say/

Around the time they got a punch of publicity and media attention, they actually pulled their own hosted copies down, then put them back a month or two later when things died down. Also around this time, I phoned a number of the advertisers featured in the magazine and let them know what kind of opinions were sharing pages with their ads. It was pretty fun.

Read through it, they're drat proud of being terrible human beings. If you feel like it, call up the marketing department for any of the businesses that run ads with them and quote some lines from the issue they're featured in.

RadioPassive fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jan 9, 2015

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

quote:

How do you spot a true believer? Ask a liberal woman if she would
forego a diamond. Ask an atheist to sell their soul. Ask an abortion
rights activist to support the death penalty.

Who even buys souls nowdays?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Vesi posted:

Who even buys souls nowdays?

Yeah. Supply is down, so you ought to be selling :v:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

The difference between the tone of the magazine and the way police usually talk to the public is really startling.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

katlington posted:

The difference between the tone of the magazine and the way police usually talk to the public is really startling.
If you mean "the way police usually talk to the public on camera," then yes.

This is pretty typical cop talk, though toned down a bit.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

katlington posted:

Not really in my experience. Police are pretty open about being authoritarian, right wing thugs, because that's what the white middle class actually wants them to be

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
This is nothing like what I was led to believe from Rizzoli & Isles, I thought they just fought serial killers and hung out in fancy coffee shops and talked funny. :(

It's even more blatant than our police, as far as I'm aware all the corruption and cooking up their statements about Mark Duggan, Azelle Rodney, Chris Alder, Jean-Charles de Menezes etc. etc. was done quietly and surreptitiously by suggesting things through dodgy links with the tabloid press rather than stating it openly in a cop publication. I think overall ours are more corrupt but they have more shame about it. Except for this guy: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-30710852

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
Mods please change my name to Obama Ben Franklin

tia

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

quote:

One of the more interesting names I was called in the press was "misogynist" I didn't know what that was, so I asked my wife - she didn't know either, so I unchained her from the stove, gave her back her shoes and sent her off to the library to look it up - just kidding folks - I didn't give her back her shoes.

quote:

Liberal Anti. Smoking advocates want cigarette manufacturers to to display shocking photos including diseased lungs on their product, in order to inform the public of the dangers of smoking, BUT these same Libs want protesters displaying pics of abortions kept outside a protective buffer zone.

quote:

A Fenway apartment building overrun by rats has been targeted by the City's Inspectional Services Dept. Even the Mayor has weighed in - claiming this rodent infestation will not be tolerated. Now if we can only get that kind of attention on the two-legged version...

quote:

In my perfect America, we're a pot luck supper, where everyone brings something to the table, and everyone else gets a taste. We put what we like on our plates, and let others enjoy what they want at that table. What we're getting now is a food court where everyone goes to their own ethnic cafe and keeps to themselves, not sharing, telling you what to eat, and sticking the other diners with the tab

quote:

Looks like Political Correctness has won another one after the NCAA placed them on a list of offensive team names, the North Dakota Fighting Sioux have been permanently placed on the Reservation. Voters dumped the University's mascot even though the Sioux themselves wanted to keep it and were not offended. They claimed the logo depicted an accurate likeness of a Sioux warrior, and the school's sportsmanship and scholarship represented tribal values. So if its not offensive to those it's supposed to offend, how can it be offensive to anyone else?

quote:

In Palm Beach, Florida police are searching for a guy who's been robbing fast food joints wearing an Obama mask. Considering what a food-Nazi Michelle is, if the guy's grabbing Big Macs too, that might not be a mask... Da da da da daa, I'm lovin' it!

quote:

Concerning some of my previous Elizabeth Warren comments, maybe the use of the word "squaw" was inaccurate and inappropriate, since she's not even a Native American. I believe what she did was dishonest at worse and disingenuous at best. It's a matter of honesty and character, which in my opinion she lacks. The Prof. claims she only checked the box in order to find more people like herself, if you wanted to be around Native Americans, why would you leave Oklahoma, the state with the highest Native American population? More likely, she did get her wish of being around people just like herself at Harvard rich, white, liberal snobs. My Godmother (a genuine 50% Mohawk Indian) is quite fond of me, so watch out you poser!

quote:

The U. S. spent $81 Billion on Food Stamps last year. I wonder how much was actually spent on food?

quote:

If the public only knew - some judges don't sweat letting a perp go after 1st call or removing a warrant without penalty when the guy strolls in at 2 in the afternoon, but if the cop or victim is not present at 8:59 - case dismissed.

quote:

Machine gun-toting drug dealers that are putting their guns back into play before a judge to ask for release because the drugs "may" have been botched in testing. What comes first, drugs or guns?... These are some of Governor Patrick's judges.

quote:

Amazing - you can use EBT to buy lottery tickets, but not your debit card, at least the state's getting the money back

quote:

It's only illegal to be illegal in Massachusetts if you try to live legally.

quote:

While in traffic on Storrow Drive, I saw a lifeguard at the kiddie pool (not much more than a glorified sprinkler). While I understand the theory of safety, it's an ankle-deep puddle, did she really need the large red "Baywatch" float???

quote:

Funny how all these idiots with cell phones manage to capture "Police brutality" when cops have to go hands on to subdue a suspect, BUT none of them EVER catch a criminal's dirty deeds.

quote:

Liberalism is not about freedom, it's about control. Don't believe me? When was the last time a conservative told you what to eat?

quote:

More proof the Mainstream media leans to the left: VP Joe Biden puts on a southern drawl and states the Republicans want to "put y'all back in chains" while addressing an audience, and it's OK, YET Republicans are considered racist if they mention the words "Chicago" or "Golf".

quote:

A tale of two (Federal) Courts... In Florida, a judge in Miami rejected a sentence as too lenient. In Boston, a judge authorized a sex change at taxpayers' expense..

quote:

And there you have it, for those of you who didn't get at least one giggle, move out of mom's cellar and get a life! Before you criticize me, remember, not one of you have to strap on a gun and a bulletproof vest to go to work (if you have a job!). The men and women of the Boston Police Department (best drat law enforcement agency in the world) still show up and provide exceptional service to the citizens of Boston despite what you may think about us.

quote:

While I'm on the subject of Elizabeth Warren's campaign ads, is it lost on anybody that while she highlights the trillions of dollars our children are being put in debt as a result of getting an education she fails to acknowledge her role in the system? I'm pretty sure when she's not chasing back her lily white family tree she is or was a six figure salaried professor from Harvard University. If I'm not mistaken, I believe in the three hundred thousand dollar bracket. With inflated salaries like hers, I'd say she and her fellow educators have helped turn our establishments of higher learning into big business. So in the end, you can rest assured I won't be supporting anyone this fall who speaks with a forked tongue.

quote:

It would appear that a few of his `followers', felt it necessary to attack us in defense of him. (Personally speaking, I think Bil was holding his own against Jimmy and didn't need any assistance, but that's just one man's opinion). Some of these people consist of other Activists, Bloggers and Twitter Fans, that have created a chorus of accusations including, but not limited to: "sexist, racist, homophobic", etc. etc. etc. in regards to the Newsletter and some of our membership. Admittedly, there have been some questionable comments or what some would have considered jokes in poor taste, printed within the pages of the `PAX' over the years. However, I would like to point out to our detractors, that the `PAX CENTURION' is a Union Newsletter intended to pass along Union News and current events directed at and to members of the Boston Police Department. In addition to bi-monthly updates by the Union Leadership, we also print information of interest to Military Veterans, State House News and Updates along with some whimsical stories and or internet chatter.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Don't worry, there's plenty of good cops who somehow are simultaneously the vast majority of police and have no impact on cop culture whatsoever.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

quote:

Under Obamacare all Liberals are entitled to FREE rose colored glasses.

quote:

TV pitchmen are touting the "Wax Vac" to remove pesky ear wax without q-tips, to keep your ears wax free, without pain. They'll even send you two-one for free! What would happen if you used them both at the same time? The resulting brain vacuum will only provide us with more Democrats.

quote:

The State has discovered hundreds of sex offenders registered at homes that also house Child Day Care. Governor Patrick has promised a full investigation. In the end, these pervs will become another of the Gov's "anecdotes".

quote:

The State House has been the scene of furious debate over the budget. In the end, all that will be decided is how much more WE
(working class) will have to pay to support the layabouts. Welome Home to Taxachusetts. Thanks Democrats! Like Gov Patrick says: "Everybody pays more and gets less." No Deval, People who work pay more and get less, people who don't work at all still get plenty.

quote:

At the rate things are going, don't be surprised if the Government taxes YOUR pension to provide a pension for the EBT crowd.

quote:

A Police Detective in Dedham alerted the Department of Transitional Assistance that two suspects caught during a drug raid were getting benefits despite having over $65K in their apt. The Illegal Aliens were also found in possession of heroin and cocaine. Hmmm, illegal aliens, EBT, drugs, cash, at least they weren't making bombs. It took State authorities more than a month to look into this, even after the DTA vowed a crackdown on fraud. There's no crackdown, it's more like a crack up, and the joke's on the taxpaying suckers of Massachusetts. Could someone please check on the delivery date of the pitchforks and torches?

quote:

Obama is in quite a mess after triple scandals have the White House reeling. Benghazi, IRS and AP Wiretapping have many wondering if the Prez and his pals are in over their heads, smart like a fox, or just plain stupid. Here's my opinion: on the Benghazi matter, Hillary will find some underling to lay the blame on, with the hope it doesn't taint her possible White House run in 2016. Now we know who answered the phone in that infamous ad - NO ONE, and four Americans are dead. What caused it DOES matter, despite what she may think, or raged at Congress. If it is discovered State knew it was Al-Qeada, we'll be able to keep Bill away from the Interns-her ambitions will be toast. In over their heads. The IRS scandal has a scapegoat-Lois Lerner. She'll be removed, take a plea, and get a pardon when dear leader leaves. He got what he wanted-no or little opposition to his re-election. The email trail will falter under another "Executive Order" a-la Fast and Furious, and although Congress will steam, this one ends with a whimper. Smart like a fox! The AP Wiretaps may be the end game. Shades of Watergate, sketchy subpeonas, an embattled AG, and pissed off press may add up to Cabinet level resignations. The fallout among the media could be toxic, especially if it lingers through the Mid-Term Elections. Just Plain Stupid!

quote:

A written exam does not know the race, gender, political or sexual preference of the person taking the test. But because some people did not do as well as other people on the test results, they search around for nefarious, dastardly reasons as to "why" they did not do as well as others. Could it be. a "conspiracy"? Did somebody "fix" the results? Could it be "racism"? Let's throw something against the wall and see what sticks.

tsa
Feb 3, 2014
I'm sure D and D will rush here to defend the vast majority of honorable police officers who are being unjustly tarred here by a select few much like they are doing in the terrorism thread. Oh who am I kidding, there's more intellectually honesty on foxnews comments than here.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

I was wondering why the style of rhetoric sounded so familiar.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

icantfindaname posted:

Not really in my experience. Police are pretty open about being authoritarian, right wing thugs, because that's what the white middle class actually wants them to be

Yet the ones I talk to say that they would always help "the people" in the event of armed rebellion. "The people" in this case meaning white, middle to upper class and right wing. We already saw what happens to a 99.9% peaceful leftist movement with Occupy.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

tsa posted:

I'm sure D and D will rush here to defend the vast majority of honorable police officers who are being unjustly tarred here by a select few much like they are doing in the terrorism thread. Oh who am I kidding, there's more intellectually honesty on foxnews comments than here.

Stop being racist against the police!

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

tsa posted:

It's a lot harder to find cops saying "no, this poo poo is unacceptable" than it is to find prominent Muslim figures saying that. gently caress, Hezbollah is saying that the attackers did more to insult Islam than the cartoons, and they're in the top five of any "Scary Muslims" list the Western world comes up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
We're not living in the Ottoman Empire so Muslims on the whole do not really have the level of power or influence in society that the police do. I would say that your average police officer, who has literal power of life and death over people as part of their job description, has a slightly higher moral and societal debt than your average Muslim, who on the whole isn't given guns and a licence to kill.

• Locked thread