Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
open container
Sep 16, 2008

BossRighteous posted:

MAME cabinets can be built for <$600 these days so there is really no reason anyone that likes arcade games can't make one. Most cities have some prefab shops or places that will gut an old broken cabinet and rebuild it for a multicade setup.

i will never understand the appeal of having one of these monstrosities in your home. just get a fightstick and use your existing poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Puzzle Bobble
Pinball: Cyclone, Addams family

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jan 10, 2015

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

open container posted:

i will never understand the appeal of having one of these monstrosities in your home. just get a fightstick and use your existing poo poo.

Nostalgia. Some of us enjoy vintage type stuff.
Don't be so angry about what others enjoy.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Ooooh. Track & Feild.

Good times.

open container
Sep 16, 2008

Fog Tripper posted:

Nostalgia. Some of us enjoy vintage type stuff.
Don't be so angry about what others enjoy.

I WASN'T ANGRY BUT NOW I AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

jackyl posted:

Golden tee

seconding this. it doesnt take long to master and then you can pretty much steal money right out of peoples pockets and they drunkenly challenge you to a game of skins in youre local bar.

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

zooted heh posted:

seconding this. it doesnt take long to master and then you can pretty much steal money right out of peoples pockets and they drunkenly challenge you to a game of skins in youre local bar.

does that mean they strip down to play virtual golf or what

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....
AvP and GI Joe Arcade were great, but if you had four people to play it, Desert Assault was the poo poo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i87sxRPbeI

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

cthulusnewzulubbq posted:

does that mean they strip down to play virtual golf or what

"Yeah, I got a golden tee for ya right here." *unzips*

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

open container posted:

Honestly, I agree with you to a large degree. Upright cabs are heavy and bulky and uncomfortable to stand/stool sit and play for longer than an hour or so. I do have a good USB fighstick but it slides all over the desk. Fightsticks aren't as good or inviting for parties and multiplayer though.

If I ever do it again I think I'll opt for this sit down style, or a countertop style for our kitchen island.

Fog Tripper posted:

Ooooh. Track & Feild.

Good times.

Probably the only bonding experience I ever had with my Stepdad was playing Track and Field with him when I first built the cab in High School lol

root of all eval fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 10, 2015

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
Uo Poko: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfQUBNqKVkY

This is a great "girlfriend" arcade game. Co-op bubble popping puzzle game with cute cats diving under the sea.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
There's an arcade in my local college city of Ann Arbor called Pinball Pete's. They also have a franchise up in Lansing by MSU. They're classic 80's style dive basement arcades. About a year ago my gf decided she wanted me to take her there on a date. Mostly she just wanted to play galaga. While there they had set up a couple of old basic Street Fighter II cabinets with a sign about how lovingly restored they were and how you should test yourself on a REAL game. So I figured I'd show off a little and make it a few rounds in in front of my girlfriend. Little did I know the sign was a prank and these were Rainbow Edition cabinets. When E Honda immediately gets you in a re-dizzy combo as his first move, you know you're in trouble.

Also, I love whack-a-mole, but I only ever see kiddy versions of it any more...

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Code Jockey posted:

also pop'n music

i actually dropped the money for a modded PS2/size appropriate controller as a teen to go deep into this. it is shameful in retrospect, but got me cred among the cute low self-esteem girls in my high school

buster bros is fun

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

BKPR posted:

i actually dropped the money for a modded PS2/size appropriate controller as a teen to go deep into this. it is shameful in retrospect, but got me cred among the cute low self-esteem girls in my high school

buster bros is fun

holy poo poo Buster Bros

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

dMastri posted:

the great grandpa of tower defense... RAMPART

and i loving hate tower defense games

That's cool. I had no idea that was an arcade game! I used to play it on Super NES.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

burritolingus posted:

That huge six-player X-Men arcade machine. Those Pac-Man table arcade machines. Also PlayChoice-10, the arcade machine that played ten different NES games and was one of the only way to play The Goonies in North America (the other way being the Nintendo VS. System arcade machines).

Gonna see how many of you I can trigger with this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPLpovcDujw

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Wamdoodle posted:

Gonna see how many of you I can trigger with this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPLpovcDujw

Ear drums, welcome to die!

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf
Cruisin' USA because you could hit deer and it was funny as gently caress.

DanAdamKOF
Feb 11, 2007

Marvin Freeman posted:

Cruisin' USA because you could hit deer and it was funny as gently caress.
One time I got a quarter to play this at Cicis Pizza. All the little kids gathered to watch me play (the kids with no quarters would stand around for a bit watching demos but they'd crowd around you if you actually played), and I picked one of the stages with the deer. This little girl says "Can you stop running into them? I'm a vegetarian." So of course I ran into as many as I could after that.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Did you celebrate with the bikini clad adult Women at the finish line?

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!

AW YES。

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVMlC8uVjqU

e: trying to understand the plot without relying on the japanese version (does a translation exists on the net?) is part of the fun.

Explosive Tampons fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jan 11, 2015

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Japanese Phone Box posted:

AW YES。

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVMlC8uVjqU

e: trying to understand the plot without relying on the japanese version (does a translation exists on the net?) is part of the fun.

This looks sick as hell.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Isn't this guy like Japan's version of Bill Clinton?

I haven't played Beatmania IIDX in years but there's a machine in Findlay Ohio of all places.

Three-Phase fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Jan 11, 2015

DanAdamKOF
Feb 11, 2007

Three-Phase posted:

Isn't this guy like Japan's version of Bill Clinton?

I haven't played Beatmania IIDX in years but there's a machine in Findlay Ohio of all places.
I tried to help you dust off the turntables dude :(

IIDX is great, just wish everyone could try it out. If you like tough games like shmups, or trying to 1cc or even speedrun whichever titles of whichever genre, and really enjoy the precision required, IIDX (or most any of the bemani series) is actually a good fit.

edit: Hi from my garage, I just got done spending most of the night playing rhythm games with my friends (I had posted the above after turning everything off):

Anyone in Dallas is welcome to drop by. I have a supergun setup inside my apartment too.

DanAdamKOF fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jan 11, 2015

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

4 pages, and none of you unfun jerks posted Lucky & Wild, the best co-op gunner game ever made. Player one not only shoots, but drives, too!

Lucky & Wild - Arcade Playthrough 1/2: http://youtu.be/_RqqaqUHsuU

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

yes but the best part was the snes port when yoyu finished it it says "GOOD JOB PODNER"

the second best bit is on either version when that guy says "MARRY ME WITH MY MONEY"

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

good job podner

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

DanAdamKOF posted:

IIDX is great, just wish everyone could try it out. If you like tough games like shmups,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqC_lscRMVg

This guy's a freak!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

When I was in Williamsburg, I went to Barcade on my last night. Place is pretty great and there's a few dotted around the place. Arcade cabs from the 80s and 90s in pristine condition and only 25c a game. Good beer too. Couldn't do anything like it in my city because it wouldn't be open an hour before someone vomited over a Pac Man cab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTn0hRqiM8Q

ADDRESS ERROR !

• Locked thread