Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

aers posted:

The show was a scheduling disaster but at least we can look back fondly on some of the greatest background art work ever seen in TV anime http://imgur.com/gallery/SymLR/

I'd say this was definitely the most beautiful series of this season. Not only with the backgrounds, but the character designs were beautiful, too. I wish this thread had been more active, we probably could've gotten more great gifs out of this show if we had taken the initiative and done our part.

It's a shame you don't usually see this particular kind of show outside of anime. I'd like to see someone do something like this show with the various quirky aspects of America's culture and landmarks. Also, it's too bad we didn't get to see more of Alligator Mask. :jiggled:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I lost track of this a few episodes before the end. I was enjoying it alright, but it hadn't really arrested my attention aside from the first couple episodes and the Kyoto concert bit. Is it worth my while to go back and finish it off?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's worth finishing so long as you accept that you are here for pretty colors and beatdowns, not a terribly coherent storyline.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Rodyle posted:

It's worth finishing so long as you accept that you are here for pretty colors and beatdowns, not a terribly coherent storyline.

It was coherent enough. Good? Maybe not. But it was as wonderfully silly as the rest of the show.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

aers posted:

The show was a scheduling disaster but at least we can look back fondly on some of the greatest background art work ever seen in TV anime http://imgur.com/gallery/SymLR/
:eyepop: i had no idea the show was this pretty. im definitely going to watch this

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Budget Prefuse posted:

:eyepop: i had no idea the show was this pretty. im definitely going to watch this

It's fun and stylish. Just don't expect a good story. I didn't regret watching it.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

It's fun and stylish. Just don't expect a good story. I didn't regret watching it.
if the art direction in a show is good enough i dont care if the story is bad. im glad it's fun too

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Extreme Double Super Moon

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Giant robot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Well, that made as little sense as g-reco, but looked a lot better. I'm glad I finished it.

Really, super pretty.

• Locked thread