Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013

We shan't be telling your mother this, shan't we?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Whiz Palace posted:

We shan't be telling your mother this, shan't we?

Who's ready for a banger in the mouth?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The narrator saying it was some attempt at whimsy puts it over the top. such a perfect scene

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
It's always sunny had really good first season and then poo poo went off the chain in latter seasons

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Where's, um... a good place to catch The Good Place episodes? NBC.com or a streaming service?

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

DizzyBum posted:

Where's, um... a good place to catch The Good Place episodes? NBC.com or a streaming service?

NBC.com has all 13 episodes available to stream, so long as you can stomach constant & repetitive commercials.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

NoDamage posted:

Wtf? There are people that don't like Arrested Development's first season?
I didn't mean the first season, I meant the first few episodes, because:

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

Pluuuuuuus AD starts from the premise of giving your family a chance because they're family and gently caress that noise

The first few episodes attempt some form of sentimentality before ditching that premise altogether.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Merauder posted:

NBC.com has all 13 episodes available to stream, so long as you can stomach constant & repetitive commercials.

Thanks! I'll make sure to keep my finger over Mute.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
AD has the best jokes. Carl Weathers stew, never nudes, the cornholer, hermano, so much classic comedy packed into 1 show!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Carl Weathers, never nudes, the cornholer, hermano, take it home, add some broth, a potato, baby you got a stew goin'

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

I didn't mean the first season, I meant the first few episodes, because:

The first few episodes attempt some form of sentimentality before ditching that premise altogether.

Yeah it basically took the exact inverse course that P&R did. P&R started more like the Office with "the bureaucracy of small town politics will crush dreams" cynicism and then mostly abandoned that for the power of optimism (literally ditching the one character who espoused that philosophy at the beginning). AD tried to have a little sentimentality but abandoned that for more cynicism.

I love both shows but I can definitely see how AD wouldn't be as appreciated in the P&R thread since they had such polar opposite themes.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Calaveron posted:

It's always sunny had really good first season and then poo poo went off the chain in latter seasons
You just don't like Always Sunny. You like the vaguely British low-budget sitcom it was in the first season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
By "off the chain" I assume they meant "crazy and fun" and not a criticism

• Locked thread