Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Sketchie posted:

I had to go back and restart the game. RIGHT AT THE BEGINNING.

No you didn't. It would have played out the same way no matter what. Your hand even grows back, because the artist was too lazy to even try and pretend there were consequences.

I get having a "best" storyline in a game with choices. Outside of really well made games, that is sorta inevitable. But at least try to develop alternate plotlines. They can be shorter or not as good. That's fine. But having the illusion of choice on a linear path is just offensive. If I wanted that, I'd read a book or watch a movie.

Because of things like "gameplay" and "choice", I'm willing to cut video games a fair amount of slack on the plot front. But this is a bad graphic novel and a bad game. Where is the upside?

Like, wtf happened with the devil lady? Did we have some scene missing stuff because we made a wrong choice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veris
Jul 5, 2007

Shbobdb posted:

Like, wtf happened with the devil lady? Did we have some scene missing stuff because we made a wrong choice?

If you can believe it the blue lady appearing isn't even dependent on getting the tattoo or meeting Peg. Finish the game with high soul and she just shows up along with the tattoo, from the "I woke up" line.

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

Shbobdb posted:

No you didn't. It would have played out the same way no matter what.
To be fair, I did play the game when I heard about it back when this LP was just a single page long. I played the free chapter, and I only recently learned that the game basically pigeonholes you into the story regardless of the choices you make. If I had known that, I would have continued the story anyway despise what happened.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
I bid the chords sweet music make,
and all must follow in my wake.

• Locked thread