Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

WrasslorMonkey posted:

He really loves taking some good hits. It looks like he pretty much rammed his head into the mat here

Yeah, for as much as he doesn't care about wrestling in a John Cena "WWE is my life" way, when he shows up he brings it better than just about anyone on the roster. I'll miss you when you ride off into that MMA sunset, sweet beast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Lesnar owns at pro wrestling. He always goes out of his way to make things look great, and he basically demands snug offense.

And he protected a totally unconscious Undertaker through a 20 minute disaster of a match, but at least it made it to the end.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Reigns is getting photocopies now of the very worst John Cena poopy poop scripts, so WWE must really be 100% behind him now.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Cena doesn't have a rematch, he won the #1 contenders spot. Just sayin'

2006-2015 is all a blur to me.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

Did he say "what's up doc?" or end it with a "th-th-th-th-th-thats all folks!" or anything?

actually he said he was shove his fist down big shows throat and WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM knock out all his teeth

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

oatgan posted:

actually he said he was shove his fist down big shows throat and WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM knock out all his teeth

I'm glad I wasn't a huge Roman Reigns fan before, because I'd be really loving bummed out by all of this if I had been.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

oatgan posted:

Oh, thank you. I was trying to remember what the line was that made me roll my eyes so hard I got a headache.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

WrasslorMonkey posted:

He really loves taking some good hits. It looks like he pretty much rammed his head into the mat here

He was bleeding a little after so yeah

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

TheJoker138 posted:

I'm glad I wasn't a huge Roman Reigns fan before, because I'd be really loving bummed out by all of this if I had been.

:smith:

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I feel you, dude. I was so hype on Roman, but now I just feel bad for him. He has all the tools, but instead of letting him learn how to use them, he's become an action figure for a developmentally stunted rich man to play with on national TV.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I agree the writing was poo poo, but a better mic worker would've been able to make that material at least marginally work. Roman just doesn't have the chops for it. Rock could. Ambrose could. Cena would sound cheesy as hell but it'd be consistent with his persona. The lines are silly, but they're also being written for the wrong character.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

sticklefifer posted:

I agree the writing was poo poo, but a better mic worker would've been able to make that material at least marginally work. Roman just doesn't have the chops for it. Rock could. Ambrose could. Cena would sound cheesy as hell but it'd be consistent with his persona. The lines are silly, but they're also being written for the wrong character.

The thing is, that's obvious (or should be) to everyone watching so why are WWE trying to shove the square peg into the round hole? Why not focus on his strengths - big, tall, good looking guy who kicks peoples asses and whose best promos have been short, to the point affairs generally consisting of,"I'm gonna kill you to death."

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

It's alright, Roman. You're probably still winning the Royal Rumble.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Daniel Bryan posted:

It's alright, Roman. You're probably still winning the Royal Rumble.

I'm still fearful they're going to try to recapture the magic of last year by having some heel spill Bryan out of the ring before introducing Roman, in hopes that like last year the crowd picks up on Roman as the best alternative to what they actually want. Of course, this time around Roman is more likely to find himself in the Batista role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

I'm still fearful they're going to try to recapture the magic of last year by having some heel spill Bryan out of the ring before introducing Roman, in hopes that like last year the crowd picks up on Roman as the best alternative to what they actually want. Of course, this time around Roman is more likely to find himself in the Batista role.

Daniel Bryan will leave the WWE and join the UFC, WWE will let Dean Ambrose get the Mania main event and Reigns will get a big movie role and quit wrestling in three months.

• Locked thread