Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Chard posted:

banana and coffee: delicious and you'll poop real good as well

got some ripening right now :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tada.wav
Dec 24, 2013

The Mad Archivist posted:

you heard it here first folks, one apple is no better or worse than a bowl of lucky charms

coming up next: goons ask "why are we such fatasses???"

I eat nothing but rendered animal fats and my typing is powered by the spasms of my many heart attacks i'll have you know

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

1gnoirents posted:

I have no idea if 7 grams is a lot or not lol

A bag of Doritos is 10 grams of fat lol

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

1gnoirents posted:

I have no idea if 7 grams is a lot or not lol
By itself 7 grams of fat would be 63 calories, which is a pretty negligible total. The sugar in that serving is about half of the 200 calories and is what would be making you fat if you just pounded a bunch of bowls of it.

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
fat isnt bad though. its not like you eat some fat and your body just absorbs the fat directly into fat cells. fat people are bad, sure, but their bodies generated that fat from a bunch of other poo poo. so fat people are not only responsible for being pieces of poo poo in regards to themselves, but for inadvertently promoting false nutritional dogma. in conclusion: there isnt a single redeeming thing about fat people

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Even Cookie Crisp, literal cookies stuffed in a cereal box, does not come close.
Cookie Crisp isn't anywhere near a real cookie. It's Kix with dots of chocolate-flavored wax.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I remember when fruit loops had something absurd like 35 grams of actual sugar per 100 grams. Not carbohydrates total, just sugars.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Basically cereal is a dessert that we have all convinced ourselves it's okay to eat for breakfast, much like pancakes

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Cromulent posted:

Cookie Crisp isn't anywhere near a real cookie. It's Kix with dots of chocolate-flavored wax.

drat FDA, why can't it be real cookies?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
lol if you're worried about the 7g of fat and not the 14g of sugar then you're probably a fat person

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Drone_Fragger posted:

I remember when fruit loops had something absurd like 35 grams of actual sugar per 100 grams. Not carbohydrates total, just sugars.

i remember when i was a kid eating froot loops would literally turn my poo poo green

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i remember when i was a kid eating froot loops would literally turn my poo poo green

"you are an insipid walking cartoon, and your cereal turned my urine pink"
"but you have to eat seven bowls for that to happen!"
"yes, yes, and a gallon of chocolate milk"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Here's the way I see it: Eat whatever you want, just put in some work everyday so that you don't end up sounding like one of those weird retards whose teeth chatter like loving Scooby-Doo at the mention of bread or eating breakfast cereal (case in point, the OP)). I eat like a goddamn animal and it doesn't even matter, though sincerely I do laugh at people tsk tsking carbs while counting their almonds into a tupperware container like a scared bitch.

Rhombic Drive
Apr 15, 2007

3/4 of a cup also seems like a pretty small serving size. I bet most people who aren't calorie counting put at least 2 cups in their bowl. So it's more like 18 g of fat (40 g of sugar lol), so around 30% of the recommended daily fat intake. It at least seems to have a decent amount of vitamins and minerals.

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=nutrition%20information%20cracklin%20oat%20bran

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Why is it so fatty?

Its just bran right?

:ohdear:

Crack
Apr 10, 2009

Roke. posted:

3/4 of a cup also seems like a pretty small serving size. I bet most people who aren't calorie counting put at least 2 cups in their bowl. So it's more like 18 g of fat (40 g of sugar lol), so around 30% of the recommended daily fat intake. It at least seems to have a decent amount of vitamins and minerals.

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=nutrition%20information%20cracklin%20oat%20bran

I don't eat cereal too often so I don't have anything for reference but I don't calorie count and I'm pretty sure a 482g box can last me more than 3 full servings before I need to buy more.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'd never heard of this cereal but now I must try it

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

pour melted butter on your cereal instead of milk
try this one weird bulking tip cardiologists hate!

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Cracklin' Oat Bran is the poo poo!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Chard posted:

This can not be overstated.

This stuff is like a brush plug for your entire intestinal tract.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Chard posted:

pour melted butter on your cereal instead of milk
try this one weird bulking tip cardiologists hate!

If Secret Eaters is to be believed some British people put double cream on their cereal.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

just loving eat fruity pebbles and support john cena

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Chard posted:

avocado and coffee (Cuban breakfast of champions)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
the fat is o, the sugar is really bad.

its kinda sad, during the 80s through the 90s there was a huge push for 'reduced fat'/'low fat' options, so they cut down on the fat and then like doubled the amount of sugar which surprise, is causing even more fatness and poo poo. kellogs and co did a good job marketing cereal as some 'healthy' option when its basically just loving candy.

eat vegetables instead of processed poo poo, stay safe out there goons.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Yes I'm sure this vegan website is a great source for scientific information.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Germstore posted:

lol if you're worried about the 7g of fat and not the 14g of sugar then you're probably a fat person

7g of fat x 9= 63 kCal per serving
14g of sugar x 4= 56 kCal per serving.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
I prefer cracklin' goat brain myself.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Anyone who says kCal is gay.

Crack
Apr 10, 2009

Shiki Dan posted:

7g of fat x 9= 63 kCal per serving
14g of sugar x 4= 56 kCal per serving.

fat and sugar aren't metabolised in the same way, comparing "kCal"s like that is dumb.

also,

Decrepus posted:

Anyone who says kCal is gay.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

how can anybody in their right mind serve a child marshmallows for breakfast?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Germstore posted:

put double cream on cereal.

On frosted flakes it's glorious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp

Fonzarelli posted:

how can anybody in their right mind serve a child marshmallows for breakfast?

i don't think any of those "marshmallows" really qualify as marshmallows

• Locked thread