Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

aardwolf posted:

ITT: a bunch of autistic dudes conclude they are they only ones who can tell fact from fiction because they can't comprehend the idea of people on an internet comedy forum playing along with an fun / entertaining story.

hmmm yes

magical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodnik
Dec 20, 2003
There is a documentary on Netflix about a lovely Wisconsin family that decides to adopt 3 Russian orphans at once called something like "The Science of Love".

The family does absolutely everything wrong, including renaming the children poo poo like "Mary Sue" and "Colton" or whatever the hell names middle America seems to love. They didn't even bother to learn Russian even a little bit, so for the first year they are trying to raise a bunch of hellion 6 year olds who don't even speak the same language as them. It's funny listening to the kids because they constantly call their dad stuff like "Shithead" and "idiot fucker", and he is just completely oblivious.

Strong Convections
May 8, 2008

Rodnik posted:

There is a documentary on Netflix about a lovely Wisconsin family that decides to adopt 3 Russian orphans at once called something like "The Science of Love".

I saw that, it's really sad. The authorities would rather ship a girl to a foreign country to be raised by people she's never met and doesn't share any cultural heritage with instead of letting her live with the woman she's attached to and calls her (grand?)mother because the lady lives in a 1 bed flat.

And you can see the sadness and impotent rage in the eyes of the biological daughter as she realises the reality of the situation. She really does get shunted to the background by her parents for these Russian kids and you can tell despite all her talk beforehand about being so excited about having a sister/big family she never really understood that her parents were going to invest so much into those kids and it would take away from her. She's so used to having a loving close relationship with her parents and all the resentment and anger is directed not only at the kids but you can see she feels massively betrayed by her parents.

The moral really seemed to be don't adopt kids if you already have kids, but I don't know if that's what they intended.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

What about the dumbshit woman that adopted a nutjob Russian kid with severe emotional problems and just put his rear end back on a flight home with no one to meet him at the airport once she got sick of him

quote:

“I no longer wish to parent this child,” read the note Hansen had tucked into the boy’s backpack along with cookies and some crayons when she put him on a plane bound for Moscow. “He is violent and has severe psychopathic issues.”

haljordan fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jan 17, 2015

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
That documentary is called "The Dark Side of Love" and the people in it seem pretty crazy.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

haljordan posted:

What about the dumbshit woman that adopted a nutjob Russian kid with severe emotional problems and just put his rear end back on a flight home with no one to meet him at the airport once she got sick of him

That was one stand-out case among hundreds where adoptive parents decide things "aren't working out" and decide to shovel their kids out to other people, including creepy freaks from the internet. http://www.reuters.com/investigates/adoption/#article/part1

It's enough to make you wonder if maybe we'd be better off bringing back orphanages since the foster and adoptive systems are so completely hosed.

lowly abject turd
Mar 23, 2009
Yeah it's super common for adoptions to not work out. Even under the most ideal conditions something like a third will break down in less than one year. It's pretty hosed andv as you can imagine horribly traumatic for the kids.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Ars Arcanum posted:

That was one stand-out case among hundreds where adoptive parents decide things "aren't working out" and decide to shovel their kids out to other people, including creepy freaks from the internet. http://www.reuters.com/investigates/adoption/#article/part1

It's enough to make you wonder if maybe we'd be better off bringing back orphanages since the foster and adoptive systems are so completely hosed.

Ahh I feel so dirty after reading that, everyone involved except for the kids is a loving monster. Especially that Eason woman.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

Demonachizer posted:

That documentary is called "The Dark Side of Love" and the people in it seem pretty crazy.

It's "The Dark Matter of Love."

The couple adopting the kids are goddamned idiots. It's difficult enough to adopt one kid from a foreign country who speaks a language you don't know, but they decided to adopt three Russian kids all at the same time.

afterhours
Jul 1, 2007

Mnemosyne posted:

It's "The Dark Matter of Love."

The couple adopting the kids are goddamned idiots. It's difficult enough to adopt one kid from a foreign country who speaks a language you don't know, but they decided to adopt three Russian kids all at the same time.

B-b-but they needed their perfect Disney fam-family!

I watched this with some friends. We kept waiting for it to become a horror movie.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Orkin Mang posted:

name one scary movie from the past ten years and illsuck ur dick

I know whos dick you sucked last summer

Jeepers Cumkeepers

Nightmare on my Dick

Whorphans

Magic Mike

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Ant and Joey Vapes (the fake and gay hotel stories) were loving rear end garbage.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I remember reading Vapes' sucky loving garbage rear end high school creative writing rear end stories and groaning and people just clamoring PH MY GOD YOUR STORIES ARE SO GOOD.
The gently caress is it with goons fellating really gay poo poo. PYF is the worst for this, they'll be cumming all over how adult and edgy some loving SCOOBY DOO cartoon is and its just rear end garbage.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
Vapes was nothing compared to the original king of annoyance, Hakan. The only good story posters I ever saw were Martin Random and Wishes for Death, who is sublime

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

bonestructure posted:

Vapes was nothing compared to the original king of annoyance, Hakan. The only good story posters I ever saw were Martin Random and Wishes for Death, who is sublime

Didn't Martin Random make up that story about Donald Rumsfeld wearing frozen underwear and Dick Cheney's breath smelling like poo poo? Pretty sure only 1 of those is true.

quote:

“I no longer wish to parent this child,” read the note Hansen had tucked into the boy’s backpack along with cookies and some crayons when she put him on a plane bound for Moscow. “He is violent and has severe psychopathic issues.”

What else did she expect from a Russian ? :shrug:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Did we ever get confirmation what happened with caro

CHITTYBAR
Oct 1, 2010

I'm no turkey-ass doctor, I'm a Turkey ASS Doctor!

haljordan posted:

What about the guy who wrote that super long story about his time as a renegade street sweeper driver, complete with random cop friend who could show up in 2 seconds flat every time he needed help with a sick burn against some no good teenage drivers?

Bruiser. Wrote another series of stories about trucking with his dad.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Eonwe posted:

Did we ever get confirmation what happened with caro

Yup. He really joined the fight as a self-trained medic or whatever and got killed. There are news articles About it, but I am on my phone right now and can't search them up.

Edit: I actually can't find any proof he died, but here's a fun article about him
http://www.salon.com/2011/10/26/npr_celebrates_crazy_forum_trolls_decision_to_practice_unlicensed_medicine_in_libya/

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jan 18, 2015

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

haljordan posted:

Ahh I feel so dirty after reading that, everyone involved except for the kids is a loving monster. Especially that Eason woman.

Yeah, it's one of the few things that literally makes me feel a little sick to my stomach. Also, the descriptions of that woman (and her photo) make my inner child shrivel up and die.

Also, pretty sure it was established that Martin Random's stories were all made up, including the infamous fecal lasagna roommate one.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Ars Arcanum posted:

Yeah, it's one of the few things that literally makes me feel a little sick to my stomach. Also, the descriptions of that woman (and her photo) make my inner child shrivel up and die.

Also, pretty sure it was established that Martin Random's stories were all made up, including the infamous fecal lasagna roommate one.

It's pretty amazing that these couples can go from "We're so desperate to have kids, we're gonna adopt an 11 year old from Russia" to "Hey people we've known for an hour I don't care if you're loving Satan, just take this kid from us so we don't ever have to see them again" in the span of SIX months. Newsflash: Most kids are enormous pains in the rear end from birth until like age 50.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

haljordan posted:

It's pretty amazing that these couples can go from "We're so desperate to have kids, we're gonna adopt an 11 year old from Russia" to "Hey people we've known for an hour I don't care if you're loving Satan, just take this kid from us so we don't ever have to see them again" in the span of SIX months. Newsflash: Most kids are enormous pains in the rear end from birth until like age 50.

Yeah, I don't know what makes people think that a kid is just going to seamlessly meld itself into whatever rosy mental image of a happy family they have, especially kids who don't have that early bonding time like babies do. Also, even kids who had perfectly good, normal childhoods sometimes end up being assholes or develop mental and emotional issues. Of course kids coming from lovely, traumatic situations are going to be hosed up.

However, I do sympathize a bit with the parents because the adoption agencies are usually not helpful if problems come up, and apparently the overseas agencies are perfectly willing to foist kids onto parents without telling them that the kids already have a host of issues. So a lot of them are basically left trying to figure out how to deal with it and foot the often astronomically high medical bills.

They lose any of my sympathy when they just shuttle the kid off to some total stranger though.

Also, it's kind of hosed up that tons of people go to Russia and other eastern European countries to adopt just so they can get a white kid, because heaven forbid you adopt a brown American kid.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

haljordan posted:

What about the guy who wrote that super long story about his time as a renegade street sweeper driver, complete with random cop friend who could show up in 2 seconds flat every time he needed help with a sick burn against some no good teenage drivers?

still posts

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Demonachizer posted:

Yeah that was it. Hopefully archive.org has it. Thanks!

https://web.archive.org/web/20110817010726/http://raising-a-psychopath.blogspot.com/2008/09/lacking-concept-of-space-and-time.html

You can navigate it on the right side only. Clicking older/newer gives a robots.txt error. poo poo is crazy/sad

quote:

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2008

Detachment
Another thing that began to happen at age 11 was we began to unattach ourselves from Lucas. We saw the writing on the wall. With no stops on his behavior, it wouldn’t be long until he did something to involve the legal system and not long after that that the courts would decide that he should be placed outside the home (either in a juvenile detention center or some form of residential treatment facility.)

We had expected an incident involving the legal system in about two years, when he reached age 13. Instead it happened in only 6 months, at age 11. This bumped up our timeline for other events.

Lucas has just started 6th grade. As of today September 30, 2008, here is timeline of behaviors I expect Lucas to follow (assuming he stays with us)…

6th grade – suspended for seriously hurting another student in school.
6th grade - sexually assault a fellow student
6th grade – steal a cellphone and/or a portable game system at least once, probably twice.
7th grade – his first violent act towards one of us (hitting, etc)
7th grade – another break-in
7th grade – another sexual assault
7th grade - another major theft
8th grade – his first rape
8th grade – his first serious attempt on our lives (knife, etc)
8th grade - take our car for a joyride
8th or 9th grade – his first gun
9th grade – his second and third rape
9th grade – his first drug possession charge
10th grade – honestly don’t see us being involved in his life at this point.
POSTED BY "HARRY" AT 11:05 AM

Thanks I wanted to feel bad.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
third rape is always the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Ars Arcanum posted:

Yeah, I don't know what makes people think that a kid is just going to seamlessly meld itself into whatever rosy mental image of a happy family they have, especially kids who don't have that early bonding time like babies do. Also, even kids who had perfectly good, normal childhoods sometimes end up being assholes or develop mental and emotional issues. Of course kids coming from lovely, traumatic situations are going to be hosed up.

However, I do sympathize a bit with the parents because the adoption agencies are usually not helpful if problems come up, and apparently the overseas agencies are perfectly willing to foist kids onto parents without telling them that the kids already have a host of issues. So a lot of them are basically left trying to figure out how to deal with it and foot the often astronomically high medical bills.

They lose any of my sympathy when they just shuttle the kid off to some total stranger though.

Also, it's kind of hosed up that tons of people go to Russia and other eastern European countries to adopt just so they can get a white kid, because heaven forbid you adopt a brown American kid.

It's even more sickening when you read about how the adoptive parents could have turned them over to social services in their state, but that would require declaring them 'unfit parents' (which they loving obviously are) and also they'd have to pay child support until age 18 (which they would have done anyways, had they actually given two shits about the kid they adopted).

• Locked thread