Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Cornwind Evil posted:

"Okay everyone, we're ALMOST DONE. The area before the final boss is one screen, but it's the last time we see the enemies so we should put together a real gauntlet of them before the players fight the fina-"

"We have to ship in two minutes."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zss4G5Me8BA

"gently caress IT JUST THROW SOME ZOMBIES AND WEREWOLVES FROM THE FIRST LEVEL IN"

"Why are jock werewolves at the bottom of a tech slash supernatural base-"

"DO IT NOW"

Huh, that game actually tells you to "GO!" before you've finished clobbering everything onscreen.

Nice to see them shake things up a bit; taking the genre in bold new directions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

so, memo from management. apparently a couple of you have been teaming up and beating up attackers at the same time. we need to stop that. when they grapple someone, just stand and wait your turn. we're bad but we're not that kind of organization.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udhWC67DaPg

Yeah, I know the game's supposed to take place in 2043 but make the bonus loot stuff like flashbulb cameras, cassette walkmans, and I dunno, microwave ovens? No way that poo poo's getting dated.

e: Heh, according to game intro the hero was born two weeks ago.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
They missed an opportunity to make "COPS" an unnecessary acronym by adding periods after each letter. Also my favorite part was early on when that Samurai Cop had invincibility frames, but the visible frames were skipped so it just looked like a gigantic dead fish was floating around.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
Walking down the street punching everybody doesn't seem very undercover.

I mean these dudes probably don't know they're being killed by cops, but it's a little different from the kind of subterfuge I associate with the term.

e: lulz

Phobic Nest fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jan 21, 2015

Q7kid
Jul 24, 2009
Any barrier, regardless of how impenetrable-looking it is--a traffic barrier, a door, a reinforced steel wall--can be destroyed by a spinning clothesline.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Im the hobo that sits in the background of every city streets level, drinking out of a brown bag with XXX on the side

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
SECRET BONUS: One full counter-clockwise turn of joystick followed by PUNCH, KICK, LOW PUNCH.

Teleports you to secret level where every enemy is Shao Khan.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
uggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh we're running out of fresh ideas for player characters! we've done school children, cops, undercover cops, robot cops, martial artists, gladiators, ninjas, child ninjas, robot ninjas, turtle ninjas, baseball ninjas, clown ninjas, knights, magicians, clerics, chinese fighters, arabian warriors, cavemen, barbarians, valkyries, dwarves, 50s pinup girls, bodybuilder frogs, street toughs, gang members, vigilantes, psychotic killers, superheroes, soldiers, environmentalists, cowboys, skateboarders, animals, animals with guns, space explorers, cyborgs, aliens, loving michael jackson

gently caress, why don't we just put a baby in a robot or something

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol

Monkey Fracas posted:

American guy obvs has robot arms and wears a shirt with an American flag on it

That's what Americans are like, right?

He starts level with a long sleeved shirt, but rips it and screams "YEAH" to expose said robot arms given to him by evil yoshiyamatozaibatsu company.

And he has rad fingerless gloves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

duckfarts posted:

uggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh we're running out of fresh ideas for player characters! we've done school children, cops, undercover cops, robot cops, martial artists, gladiators, ninjas, child ninjas, robot ninjas, turtle ninjas, baseball ninjas, clown ninjas, knights, magicians, clerics, chinese fighters, arabian warriors, cavemen, barbarians, valkyries, dwarves, 50s pinup girls, bodybuilder frogs, street toughs, gang members, vigilantes, psychotic killers, superheroes, soldiers, environmentalists, cowboys, skateboarders, animals, animals with guns, space explorers, cyborgs, aliens, loving michael jackson

gently caress, why don't we just put a baby in a robot or something

How about hard-boiled private detectives in an old timey brouhaha?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXmYpcpXW3s&t=2190s

We're getting the kinks out; our poor designers are having such a rough time of it. It's supposed to be 1939 but everyone still dresses in neon and mullets and such. ...And then there's the robots. They just can't let go of the robots.

Detective work is of course conducted by walking to the right and punching, I mean naturally.

• Locked thread