Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Read the front page back before there were forums, skipped the forums because I was on PoE and the consensus there was that SA was filled with embarrassing retards. Stopped caring about PoE around 2005, was reminded that this place existed by a coworker a few years later, bought an account, almost instantly regretted it when it turned out SA was filled with the embarrassing retards I assumed were on here back in the early 00s. It's getting better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

mng posted:

Was Altavista out in 1998? That was the first search engine I used when I got connected in 1999. I got loads of links from friends' bookmarks and game forums (Planet<game> were great :v: )

Yea, that was another big one from in the mid90s until Google ate it.

photomikey
Dec 30, 2012
I used to hang out in The Lounge at ArsTechnica, and after the price went up (way up) I didn't renew. One of the posters there (a mod, actually) had always talked about how she thought SA was funnier than Ars. So I tried it out. I still like the community at Ars better, but I'm saving $50/year now!

• Locked thread