Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax
Mario Kart and Sonic & All Stars RT are probably two of my favorite games of all time. The drift-boost mechanic, nice looseness. I've been playing Nitronic Rush but it seems impossible to break the tyres loose, even with the chassis rockets. Have they implemented anything like this in Distance? Are there any other games with the same feel, on PC?
Also, could I get an invite for the goon group for Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Jordan came out and said they purposefully didn't implement any sort of drifting in Distance because it would involve a ton of extra work and probably break the level direction they're going for. So no, there will never be outright drifting in Distance. Have you tried Drift Stage or Burnout Paradise?

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!
Trackmania 2 is all about drifting. No clue how alive it is but I had a lot of fun when I played.

Also, there's a goon group for sonic? I'd be down for that.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Criterion's Hot Pursuit is completely unrealistic but all drift all the time, at 200MPH. It's less loose and more of a jam in the brake, wrench the wheel to the right place and hold it, but it feels good, looks better.

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

What is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

CATS. CATS ARE NICE
🐱🐱🐱💀🐱🐱🐱
If you can find a copy of what is variously called outrun coast2coast, or outrun 2006 and officially Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast you'll find a fun drifting game with great music. Steam stopped selling it sadly because SEGA didn't renew the Ferrari licence the whole game is built around.

DiabloStarCraft fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jan 17, 2015

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Orv posted:

Criterion's Hot Pursuit is completely unrealistic but
Well, there's an interesting caveat. Not being realistic is what this thread is all about. :v:

Grid 2 is great fun. You're basically drifting every turn, and it just feels right to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Hey there are realistic drifting games.

They're just mostly garbage.

• Locked thread