Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

the bad british teeth stereotype isn't about cavities, its about how brits tend to have ridiculous huge teeth at weird angles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Pastry of the Year posted:

No discussion of England is complete without disgruntled citizens pointing at the objects of their ire in local newspapers:

Don't forget Daily Mail Sad Face for when things don't go your way:

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

daily mail sad face is very pleasing to me

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

how popular is karl pilkington in the UK? i think he's the funniest man alive, but my sense of humor is not that sophisticated, as a "yank"...

Most people know who he is I'd say. Not everyone thinks he's funny though.

My personal opinion is he can't be that loving thick and make so much money doing it, so actually he's conning everyone.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Phoon posted:

My old local paper used to do that. Literally every issue would have a photo of a sad old person in it.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

opus111 posted:

Welwyn Garden City?

home town my dude

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Phoon posted:

It's amazing because nine times out of ten the sad facer has brought on their own misery or is being completely unreasonable. They seem to think that running to the papers will magically help them get their own way, like a child running to mum. Does this sort of poo poo happen in the media in other countries?

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
I came to this thread to laugh at pictures of chavs, lads, neds, and urban decay. Stop posting nice pictures you idiots.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

netally posted:

It's amazing because nine times out of ten the sad facer has brought on their own misery or is being completely unreasonable. They seem to think that running to the papers will magically help them get their own way, like a child running to mum. Does this sort of poo poo happen in the media in other countries?

it happens ehre but institutions don't facilitate it that way, grievances just manifest themselves spontaneously in the form of letters to the editor nobody will ever read

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Cyril Sneer posted:

I came to this thread to laugh at pictures of chavs, lads, neds, and urban decay. Stop posting nice pictures you idiots.
yeah, its like you people never posted in a .img thread before.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt4Dfa4fOEY

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

these videos really weird me out b/c they sound so close to something i should understand. like listening to someone speak dutch and, to a lesser extent, norwegian and stuff

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

Frog Act posted:

these videos really weird me out b/c they sound so close to something i should understand. like listening to someone speak dutch and, to a lesser extent, norwegian and stuff

These videos weird me out because the excessive foley sounds trigger me.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU4w12oDjn8

also this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMNckVxK_BI

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jan 26, 2015

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

a post so good I made it twice

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jan 26, 2015

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3jJN8CeqxY

If you ever work in an office in England, half your female co-workers will look and sound exactly like this woman.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

netally posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3jJN8CeqxY

If you ever work in an office in England, half your female co-workers will look and sound exactly like this woman.

She dreams of a man who can survive the treacherous path to her vagina.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

this guy is awesome

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
england makes a lot more sense once you realize the region of america with the highest concentration of nearly unbroken english ancestry is the rural south

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Not England but it doesn't matter, the north is better anyway. My friend recently visited me in Aberdeen and took some nice pictures.

St Machar Cathedral

Elphinstone Lawn

Bishop Elphinstone's Tomb

According to legend, his tomb was supposed to be placed in the chapel at King's College, but was too big to fit through the doorway, so they just left it there.

King's College

Old Aberdeen's High Street

Street signs on the Castlegate

Rabbie Burns and a seagull

The good statue of William Wallace (you know the bad one)

Ronald's Way

Triple Kirks- formerly a church, with part of it undergoing demolition. The rest is a bar/club.

War memorial

Union Street

Mercat Cross on the Castlegate

Gordon Highlander and seagull

Coohoolin fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Feb 1, 2015

Aug 4, 2010

gently caress ENGLAND

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
repost for our international viewers

XMNN posted:

for the people who asked where the wirral was a while ago i have prepared a short educational presentation for you:

the wirral is a peninsula between liverpool over the mersey and north wales over the dee

some of it looks like this

and some of it looks like this

in conclusion, the wirral is a land of contrast

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I was in London for a couple days in the summer of 2000 and my primary memory of that trip is that this image was goddamn everywhere:

anyone know what was up with that?

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Stoners are loving dumb

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

proof of concept posted:

I was in London for a couple days in the summer of 2000 and my primary memory of that trip is that this image was goddamn everywhere:

lol i havent seen that in ages.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

proof of concept posted:

Was it a T-shirt on Camden Market? I remember buying my "Barbie is a slut" shirt from there and wearing it everywhere because I was so edgy.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Man Whore posted:

Stoners are loving dumb

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Man Whore posted:

Stoners are loving dumb

Do you mean to suggest that his holiness doesn't smoke dope?

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

netally posted:

Was it a T-shirt on Camden Market? I remember buying my "Barbie is a slut" shirt from there and wearing it everywhere because I was so edgy.

it was plastered on all kinds of crap for sale all over the place, and seemed to be the only "wacky/random/stoner" image like that for sale on stuff, so I thought there might be something more to the story

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
I don't like the pope but as a christened catholic I must do his bidding each full moon dark bloody things I have no choice help me

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Pedricko
Apr 7, 2008

Coohoolin posted:

Not England but it doesn't matter, the north is better anyway. My friend recently visited me in Aberdeen and took some nice pictures.

I loving love Aberdeen and it's such a shame the market isn't back on till the end of March. We sell a hell of a lot of sausages there.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Pedricko posted:

I loving love Aberdeen and it's such a shame the market isn't back on till the end of March. We sell a hell of a lot of sausages there.

Oh nice, what kind of sausages do you sell? I'll pop by when it's back on.

Pedricko
Apr 7, 2008

Coohoolin posted:

Oh nice, what kind of sausages do you sell? I'll pop by when it's back on.

German Salami. We're usually set up right outside the Monkey House

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Pedricko posted:

German Salami. We're usually set up right outside the Monkey House

Ace, I'll pick some up next time I go get some ostrich burgers.

• Locked thread