Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Bishop posted:

the thing about this video is I'm not even sure if the first guy or really any of the others are still alive. After that any sane person would avoid fighting Tyson, so Bruce lee wins by virtue of running like hell

I like how goons count running away as winning a fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
*victoriously clears horizon*

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

How strong is the magic animating Bruce Lee's skeleton in this matchup?

Pretty strong, but Mike's facial tattoo adds +10 to magic resistance.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

redshirt posted:

Here's how this fight goes:

Tyson charges Lee and throws a series of aggressive punches,
all of which are easily blocked by Lee.

I'm going to stop you right here because I was an amateur boxer for a while and the thing is, you don't really "block" a punch like a fighting game, you just kind of weather it and absorb as much of the hit as you can with your own fists. The force a man of Tyson's caliber exerts isn't something you can really block or deflect.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Tyson's combos were also second to none in the business and the variety of combos he could throw with ruthless efficiency was insane. The idea of trying to guard against a 4 hit barrage from Tyson is loving terrifying and he wouldn't leave any human room to counterattack between the strikes. I know this topic has been done to death and is just an internet joke at this point but they need to find better contenders to do this meme because it wouldn't even be close

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Yeah, but kicks! Dirty strikes! Qi!

At least no one is even joking Lee would grapple somehow.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Tyson's combos were also second to none in the business and the variety of combos he could throw with ruthless efficiency was insane. The idea of trying to guard against a 4 hit barrage from Tyson is loving terrifying and he wouldn't leave any human room to counterattack between the strikes. I know this topic has been done to death and is just an internet joke at this point but they need to find better contenders to do this meme because it wouldn't even be close

Try throwing any four punches as fast as Tyson throws four of his vicious carcinogenic fists and just marvel at what a weak little bitch boy you look like compared to him.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Well...this thread has done nothing to settle the argument about Lee V. Tyson. (Tyson)

But it has given us incontrovertible proof that redshirt is an even worse poster than he was a mod.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

redshirt posted:

"no holds barred"

Anything goes.

That's why Lee wins.

Just so we're all on the same page u know that the reason Tyson is in things like The Hangover is that he bit off a man's ear during a fight that wasn't no-holds-barred right

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

I'm going to stop you right here because I was an amateur boxer for a while and the thing is, you don't really "block" a punch like a fighting game, you just kind of weather it and absorb as much of the hit as you can with your own fists. The force a man of Tyson's caliber exerts isn't something you can really block or deflect.

but but but throat punch, which tyson is obviously incapable of because

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Waltzing Along posted:

Well...this thread has done nothing to settle the argument about Lee V. Tyson. (Tyson)

But it has given us incontrovertible proof that redshirt is an even worse poster than he was a mod.

whow whoa whoa, hey, whoae

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Full Battle Rattle posted:

but but but throat punch, which tyson is obviously incapable of because

well you see, boxers might be really good at dodging head punches, but a throat punch would just bamboozle them like "what is this guy doing" then crunch there goes their throat

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
here is a computer simulation of Mike Tyson beating up a chupacabra, a beast at least as mythical as Bruce Lee:

pretty one-sided in Mike's favor, just like a fight between him and Lee would be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
drat, that's a big-rear end chupa.

• Locked thread