Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Also, you don't have to tip pizza or chinese joints if you go to get the food, but you do if they deliver it. Agreed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
get rid of tipping, all the servers and waiters in the country will quit and then those restaurants will be forced to pay their workers minimum wage or so, people will realize after continuous lovely service that restaurant food is loving disgusting and hopefully higher quality restaurants will open up after lovely ones like On The Border and Applebees close down.

If you want to get rid of the 2nd amendment you're like an ultra-beta

snodig
Oct 5, 2014

The Sphinxster posted:

Yeah what is the correct tip if a machine harvests your organs?

Remember, they are doing a stressful difficult job.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Volcott posted:

Also, you don't have to tip pizza or chinese joints if you go to get the food, but you do if they deliver it. Agreed?

i dont think its necessarily ethically consistent to not tip when you are picking up takeout or at a fast food restaurant / fast casual - but its not expected either. i generally dont, though i think its probably unethical if held up under real scrutiny. makes u think

people that dont tip the pizza guy.. .like.. how the gently caress could you live with yourself

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

snodig posted:

Remember, they are doing a stressful difficult job.

Exactly. I don't want to be rude.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

75% of servers only claim on average 20% of their earnings for tax purposes. we tip them but they don't even bother to tip their country

stop tipping

naem
May 29, 2011

My job is stressful and difficult, no one hands me several dollar bills every time I go to the photocopier

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

naem posted:

My job is stressful and difficult, no one hands me several dollar bills every time I go to the photocopier

you get paid more than a waitress at applebees congrats

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Why would I voluntarily pay more than required? I need that money for ammo.

:canada: goon here.
When I was younger tipping wasn't something that was expected. It was a nice bonus for going the extra mile / very good service. Now it seems we are expected to tip all the time at bars and restaurants, regardless of level of service. Definitely moving towards the US perspective on things. Does this mean we can expect to get some gun rights too?

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

plumper fuckbus posted:

75% of servers only claim on average 20% of their earnings for tax purposes. we tip them but they don't even bother to tip their country

stop tipping

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Why does nobody ever talk compromise; just save up all your spare change from cash transactions and give that as tips, bam, you can tip and still have insane personal rules that let you be a bhole to menial workers who rely on your whims

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

B33rChiller posted:

Why would I voluntarily pay more than required? I need that money for ammo.

:canada: goon here.
When I was younger tipping wasn't something that was expected. It was a nice bonus for going the extra mile / very good service. Now it seems we are expected to tip all the time at bars and restaurants, regardless of level of service. Definitely moving towards the US perspective on things. Does this mean we can expect to get some gun rights too?

you sound like you're describing america so don't even think about it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If your job involves working a photocopier regularly odds are it isn't nearly as stressful and physically draining as a service industry job and you're just being a bitch.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

If your job involves working a photocopier regularly odds are it isn't nearly as stressful and physically draining as a service industry job and you're just being a bitch.

how about pesticide applicators? they march around rich people's acres, up and down hills with 100 pounds of equipment on their back for about minimum wage and they don't get tipped. Neither do the latino people who get minimum wage to fix ceilings and drywall. I've been a server before, it is absolutely nothing compared to other jobs I have worked, I only got a tip because I made rich people feel satisfied.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
sounds like a cancerous thread that belongs in HELLTHREAD IMO

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
Tipping is stupid. Ubiquitous firearm ownership is also stupid. Thankfully I live in a country where neither of these things is the norm. In conclusion I would remove the 2nd amendment, as an outside observer the outcome would be much more entertaining.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

ubachung posted:

Tipping is stupid. Ubiquitous firearm ownership is also stupid. Thankfully I live in a country where neither of these things is the norm. In conclusion I would remove the 2nd amendment, as an outside observer the outcome would be much more entertaining.

thats nice, you should explore these thoughts further in HELLTHREAD, officially designated spot for discussion of gun control. observe:

Lowtax posted:

Same as the last, it's a blast from the past! Come to the wonderful HELLTHREAD and discuss such poo poo topics as:
  • Doobie
  • Gamergate
  • Ulillillia
  • Israel
  • Fat People
  • Star Citizen
  • Dayz
  • gun control
  • the police
  • russia
  • Romeo Rose
  • Chris Chan
  • Cucking
  • Tipping
  • et al
Rules apply! Don't be a spasmo! All sane people feel free to ignore this thread.

join us :unsmigghh:

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Tipping probably never would have survived a 2/3rd's ratification.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
no tipping would mean more money for the gun budget so get rid of tipping.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Every other country seems to be able to own guns just fine without the creepy obsession we have with them, and they do that without a 2nd amendment. Sooo probably get rid of that.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

TEAYCHES posted:

i would ban circumcision

so tipping

lite frisk
Oct 5, 2013
Sometimes I wish I could tip just the back of house. Sometimes. Seriously wtf though how are people in western countries still being paid wages that barely keep them just above the poverty line in the year of our lord 2015?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Prallax Litovsk posted:

Sometimes I wish I could tip just the back of house. Sometimes. Seriously wtf though how are people in western countries still being paid wages that barely keep them just above the poverty line in the year of our lord 2015?

our government is essentially run by business men who's only priority is oversaturating the labor pool so wages always stay too low.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Prallax Litovsk posted:

Seriously wtf though how are people in western countries still being paid wages that barely keep them just above the poverty line in the year of our lord 2015?

lol

lite frisk
Oct 5, 2013

TOILETLORD posted:

our government is essentially run by business men who's only priority is oversaturating the labor pool so wages always stay too low.

Something could be done about this if the majority of working class people weren't either borderline retarded or completely apathetic. I should know, I'm one of them and this poo poo is sad af.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

a bone to pick posted:

how about pesticide applicators? they march around rich people's acres, up and down hills with 100 pounds of equipment on their back for about minimum wage and they don't get tipped. Neither do the latino people who get minimum wage to fix ceilings and drywall. I've been a server before, it is absolutely nothing compared to other jobs I have worked, I only got a tip because I made rich people feel satisfied.

afaik it's proper to tip anyone working on your property, not like every time but bigger amounts once in a while. like you should give all the gardeners and poo poo a bonus on christmas and stuff like that

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
If you ban foreskins, you are just as bad as the people banning foreskins

Except you have a foreskin

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Tipping. The gun problem is taking care of itself.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
tipping is good and you should all do it

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
how loving lame and gay do you have to be to want to get rid of the 2nd, and most awesome amendment

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
what if tipping meant legally being allowed to stick your tip in any server that did good?

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
you know what it is bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Prallax Litovsk posted:

Something could be done about this if the majority of working class people weren't either borderline retarded or completely apathetic. I should know, I'm one of them and this poo poo is sad af.

Back when unions got started people were working 7 days a week 15 hour days and eating nothing but cabbage. Today we all go home to Xbox and reality tv and huge bowls of pure fat and sugar, life's pretty comfortable.

• Locked thread