Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Ryoshi posted:

You can only cancel their service through their lovely nonfunctional phone channel, no lie

YOU WANT TO CANCEL? WELL gently caress YOUUUUU

Can't you cancel your direct debit to them or something? Y'know, just stop paying them money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperial Hippo
Aug 14, 2006
Study the past, if you would divine the future
Comcast customer over the phone is always pretty poor. Nth'ing the Brick and Mortar option. Those folks usually seem happy that someone is coming in with an intent other than robbery.

.random
May 7, 2007

Megaspel posted:

Can't you cancel your direct debit to them or something? Y'know, just stop paying them money?

Well sure, if you want them to send the bill collectors and ruin your credit. I mean, you never actually canceled your service, you just stopped paying... They really had no choice v:saddowns:v

Ryoshi posted:

How did Comcast get so big despite being so irredeemably lovely?

The invisible hand of free market capitalism :smug:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Megaspel posted:

lol if you direct debit to comcast

"sure guys just siphon money from my account every month without my direct intervention, I totally trust you!"

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Also you know what I really hate

My current plan is $25 off

After a year I keep having to call to cancel unless they put the price down

Stop being Dick's comcrap

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Protocol7 posted:

Also you know what I really hate

My current plan is $25 off

After a year I keep having to call to cancel unless they put the price down

Stop being Dick's comcrap

make sure to do it way early so if you're an unlucky bastard like me and the phone tree hangs up on you when you select the cancel option you have a few weeks to get in touch with them over twitter and their Tom Comcasdashian email acct

Or else you'll be paying the steeper rates for at least a month and it really sucks.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

.random posted:

The invisible hand of free market capitalism :smug:

this guy. he knows about telecommunications in america. i bet he teaches a community college class, or maybe presechool. all teachers are precious

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Drink Cheerwine posted:

this guy. he knows about telecommunications in america. i bet he teaches a community college class, or maybe presechool. all teachers are precious

yea what's the worst that could happen with the existence of natural monopolies with no regulations that are usually placed on utilities

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/evolution-cable-television

some light reading for you. the big ones are the communications act of 1934, the cable acts of 1984 and 1992, and the telecommunications act of 1996

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Comcast is a Philadelphia based company and in the Philadelphia area the service is pretty awesome so maybe you other places should have your own local cable company.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

when I had problems with my Comcast I begged the dude to "transfer me to a level 2". The level 2 guy was amazing and diagnosed the problem in like 2 minutes and my poo poo was fixed.

Ask for a Level 2.

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

euphronius posted:

when I had problems with my Comcast I begged the dude to "transfer me to a level 2". The level 2 guy was amazing and diagnosed the problem in like 2 minutes and my poo poo was fixed.

Ask for a Level 2.

Someone needs to publish the Level 2's direct number

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Helpimscared posted:

Someone needs to publish the Level 2's direct number

fastest way to get them to quit.

customers arent smart enough to know when they need level 2 or above or not.

"drat my tv is on the wrong input. better call the smartest person at the company to help me not be an idiot"

open container
Sep 16, 2008
is there a guide to navigating all this secret kafkaesque poo poo?

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

open container posted:

is there a guide to navigating all this secret kafkaesque poo poo?

work for the company or their phone system vendors?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

euphronius posted:

Ask for a Level 2.

I bet this works really well if their phone system doesn't outright hang up on you every time you call for three months straight

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

Comcast is a Philadelphia based company and in the Philadelphia area the service is pretty awesome so maybe you other places should have your own local cable company.

Comcast's HQ also has a hell of a sweet food court in the basement, it's got some really nice variety

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Get directv and talk to random chinese people when you wanna learn about their internet.

On the other hand, dude, they are so happy to cut money off your bill no problem. All you gotta do is ask and if there's a promo they'll slap it on there in a second.

I like directv.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

i am biased against directtv just because every once in a while they gently caress up a channel contract and suddenly every other banner ad is about CONTACT DIRECTTV TO BEG FOR YOUR lovely WEATHER CHANNEL BACK or whatever

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Ryoshi posted:

i am biased against directtv just because every once in a while they gently caress up a channel contract and suddenly every other banner ad is about CONTACT DIRECTTV TO BEG FOR YOUR lovely WEATHER CHANNEL BACK or whatever

banner ads on cable/satellite guides are the worst ugh

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ryoshi posted:

I bet this works really well if their phone system doesn't outright hang up on you every time you call for three months straight

You should have asked for level two mate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Tsinava posted:

I bet he hosed up real bad and covered it up by shitlisting your number so they don't answer.

it was his last day, so gently caress customers and gently caress comcast forever.

• Locked thread