Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

edit: wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

SA2K posted:

Here's a tip: It's always fun beating your arch rival.

The Raiders have been poo poo for an entire generation and it still owns

Seattle never really was arch-rivals with SF until Harbaugh and Carroll came to town and brought with them their Pac-12 rivalry and then both teams got good. In fact, if you asked a fan who Seattle's arch-rival was in 2010, they probably would have told you the Rams, since both teams were fighting off each other for playoff spots constantly from 2000-2010.

dont hate the playa
May 12, 2009
98 NFCCG was pretty sweet

Also that time Vick made two Vikings run into each other while trying to tackle him on an overtime game winning scramble
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62vbpWj3zOU
So basically gently caress the Vikings I guess

dont hate the playa fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jan 21, 2015

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

seiferguy posted:

Seattle never really was arch-rivals with SF until Harbaugh and Carroll came to town and brought with them their Pac-12 rivalry and then both teams got good. In fact, if you asked a fan who Seattle's arch-rival was in 2010, they probably would have told you the Rams, since both teams were fighting off each other for playoff spots constantly from 2000-2010.

Yeah, I'd go with Rams for much of the 2000s, pretty much as soon as the Hawks moved back to the NFC. Lot of fighting for the Division Title / Wild Card spot.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

seiferguy posted:

Other honorable mentions would have been the 44-0 MNF game in 2005 against Philly, followed by another blowout against the 49ers. Those games highlighted how good the 2005 team was.

I watched that entire game for some masochistic reason. I had school the next day and I didn't care because I still thought we would be good that year and after half-time all I wanted was for us to score to prove that football could still be fun. We were in the Super Bowl last year dammit! It ended up being a terrible game and just a terrible season overall.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

evilweasel posted:

I'd go with the Buttfumble Game for the Patriots (though I'm not counting playoff games at all here). Not only was that one of the most hilarious minute and a half of football ever, but the third touchdown in that series instantly slammed the door shut on the "Rex and Sanchez are a legitimate threat to the Patriots" era. Before that, because of the playoff games there was an edge of nervousness to playing the Jets - after that, it was basically gone and they became a punchline. It's amazing how quickly that shifted.

The butt fumble itself didn't start or end the hilarity in that game. It was in the middle of a 21 point in 56 second sequence - the kickoff after the butt fumble touchdown was itself fumbled and returned for a touchdown 10 seconds later! Pure magic.

They scored 35 points in that quarter, including one to an unguarded Welker just standing by himself, and the other a RB dump off that went almost 90 yards.

It was also a prime time network game on Thanksgiving. In front of the Jets home crowd. Fireman Ed quit at halftime. Everything about it was perfect Jets suffering. The Patriots lost interest at halftime and still scored several times more anyway.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Ced Benson revenge game against the bears was fun.

Andre Caldwell's back to back last second TDs to beat the steelers and ravens owned.

Dunno any further back then that, I only started watching the Bengals in...2004, when I stopped rooting for the Washington DC pro football team.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

sean10mm posted:

The butt fumble itself didn't start or end the hilarity in that game. It was in the middle of a 21 point in 56 second sequence - the kickoff after the butt fumble touchdown was itself fumbled and returned for a touchdown 10 seconds later! Pure magic.

They scored 35 points in that quarter, including one to an unguarded Welker just standing by himself, and the other a RB dump off that went almost 90 yards.

It was also a prime time network game on Thanksgiving. In front of the Jets home crowd. Fireman Ed quit at halftime. Everything about it was perfect Jets suffering. The Patriots lost interest at halftime and still scored several times more anyway.

Honestly the buttfumble game is hands-down the best game ever for me.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Broncos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HByT3b_zAJA

My football memory doesn't go back further than that season and nothing really stands out in my mind like this game

e: a more experienced Broncos fan should recommend some games, actually. :angel:

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jan 22, 2015

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The Lions have never won a playoff game in my lifetime so there aren't really any great ones, but these were fun:

1. Easily beating the Chargers in 2011 to clinch a playoff spot for the first time since 1999
2. Goofy-rear end comeback to beat the Falcons in London this year thanks to Caldwell's coaching being so far against conventional wisdom that the Falcons couldn't properly prepare for it, culminating in a delay of game on a missed kick leading to a game-winner.
3. Pounding the Bears in 2011 during the first Monday Night Lions game in a decade. The crowd forced nine false starts.
4. Beating the Packers 40-10 in 2013 to break the Thanksgiving losing streak. Who cares if it was against Matt Flynn?
5. Fake spike QB sneak to beat the Cowboys in 2013

Honorable mentions: Beating the Skins in 2009 to break the 19-game losing streak, which led to the "I BELIEVE" thread here; Stafford throwing a game-winning TD with a dislocated shoulder against Cleveland; the Jerome Bettis "heads, tails" game; Saints comeback this year; Cowboys comeback in 2011; Saying goodbye to the Silverdome with a 15-10 win over Dallas in January of 2002

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Best Redskins victories in recent memory? Hoo boy, uh, RG3's rookie season beating the Saints in week 1 and beating the Cowboys on Thanksgiving were pretty great. And Colt McCoy leading the Redskins to what I consider a Super Bowl in the Jerrydome was memorable in my eyes. DeAngelo Hall making Cutler look like a chump was kinda cool.

I literally can't think of a 5th really good game off the top of my head.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
That Cleveland game is definitely in my top 5, maybe my top 3. Don't forget they were down by 28 or some ungodly number at halftime, and Daunte Culpepper was originally going to take that final play until Stafford snuck onto the field.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
My recent favorite was the playoff game against New Orleans 3 years ago when Alex Smith went nuts and made me take back everything I ever said about him.

Visual aid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jloashD3Flg

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Aside from Dirk Nowitzki winning the NBA Finals, Alex Smith going nuts to win a playoff game is maybe the happiest I've ever been for a pro athlete.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
Ravens:

12 Divisional vs Broncos, 08 Divisional vs Titans, 14 Wildcard vs Steelers, 08 Regular Season vs Cowboys, 09 Wildcard vs Patriots

Honourable Mention: 00 Divisional vs Titans, 12 conference vs Patriots

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

The Zack posted:

Surely one of the games you considered for #5 was the 375 game. 375 rushing yards in a 44-17 win over the Colts. 8.9 yards per carry! There have been more meaningful wins, but this game came to mind when I saw this thread. The 9-0 MNF win over the Steelers earlier that season was pretty cool, too.
That was, indeed, the other Colts game. And 9-0 was one of the Steelers games I considered. The other Steelers game was the one where Bill Cowher stepped off the sideline and made to punch Chris Hudson.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

That 2008 game against Cowboys was really good.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Borsche69 posted:

That 2008 game against Cowboys was really good.

Last game in Texas stadium, rumour has it JJ wanted to schedule the Ravens as the last home game because of our terrible 07 (Check the worst defeats thread, ugh.) figuring it would be a nice win to close out a piece of history.

Starts out lovely. Mason, our only good WR ever to that point gets super injured early, but comes back out. He would dislocate his shoulder three times but keep coming back out, catching balls from rookie Joe one handed, and the cowboys still can't cover him. Cowboys bring it within 2 with four minutes left and...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoCPJ9AJ0Tk

Cowboys still got three minutes and change and a hell of an offense, they drive down score again, back to a 2 point deficit with tons of time left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzGRUNJorz8

Nail in the coffin.

There's a lot of ways to win a game. Having your one armed WR catch more balls then TO or Witten while your FB rushes for almost 150 yards is a pretty loving unique way to do it.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Picking the best of the last decade since those are the only ones I actually saw

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I still don't know how that Denver/Oakland game happened

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

axeil posted:

4th and 26 doesn't count?

Or the Miracle at the New Meadowlands?
44-6 is unique to me as it's the one Eagles game I've been to in person. I can't go to another game again basically, it's all downhill from there.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

This one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ouyO73EMk

Romo throws 5 picks, fumbles once, throws a pick on the game tying 2 point conversion with 20 seconds to go and the Cowboys still win.

I was at work that night, catching a couple of minutes on the radio here and there when I went out on delivery and I got home in time to watch the final 2-3 minutes and it owned really hard.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Best game for the Panthers is hands down the 2 OT win against the defending champion St. Louis Rams during the 2003-2004 playoffs. Great comeback by St. Louis in the last minutes, complete with an onside kick recovery. Ricky Manning Jr. grabbing the ball out of Torry Holt's arms for the interception in OT when St. Louis was close to FG position. The monster TD on the first play of the second OT that left the Superdome speechless. Perfection.

The playoff win against the Cowboys in the 1996-1997 playoffs was great too. Cowboys were coming off their Super Bowl season and the Panthers were only in their second year in the league. That season won over a lot of people who were still on the fence about the Panthers (NC was still Redskins country for the most part).

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Slowpoke! posted:

Best game for the Panthers is hands down the 2 OT win against the defending champion St. Louis Rams during the 2003-2004 playoffs. Great comeback by St. Louis in the last minutes, complete with an onside kick recovery. Ricky Manning Jr. grabbing the ball out of Torry Holt's arms for the interception in OT when St. Louis was close to FG position. The monster TD on the first play of the second OT that left the Superdome speechless. Perfection.
Why were they playing in the Superdome?

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
The Monday Night Miracle, Redskins over Cowboys.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/10/27/remembering-the-santana-moss-monday-night-miracle-in-15-photos/

A completely lovely game until the final two minutes. Santana Moss making big time plays cause he is a big time player but almost lost in his two dynamic catches was Sean Taylors huge hit to stop a Dallas first down. Goddamn awesome, I was hammered and surrounded by opposing fans. It was glorious.

The older heads will say the Redskins/Cowboys '82 NFC Championship game as the best non Superbowl win though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ffoecaf
Sep 17, 2005

Get Off My Lawn
The 'They are who we thought they were' game against Arizona, for the Bears

• Locked thread