Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

By the way I wanted Rarity to post this, but I have the honors instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Dr. Hurt posted:

By the way I wanted Rarity to post this, but I have the honors instead.

:golfclap:

Rarity posted:

- Cpig was MVP

You don't see that every day!

:)

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Coulda rbed me forever :sigh:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Since Rarity doesn't doc these, here are my night time flavor pm's:

N1

quote:

Rarity wrote on Feb 4, 2015 02:55:
You walk through the Enclave with your eyes wide at the advanced technological wonders that lie on display. Not even you had imagined that science had already produced such greatness. If there was time you would spend days here. However, time is a precious commodity. You check your watch once more, ensuring that you are still on schedule with what Masters promised. It is almost 8pm. Perfect. You reach a door just as it flies open. Standing before you is a man of gold, eyes burning like fire with a bright gem set in his forehead. You would be surprised if you hadn't been told exactly what to expect. “Dosvedenya,” you say, grinning in triumph.

His eyes flare brighter as a ray of light flashes towards you, too slow to reach you before you have shifted your body into gas. “Impossible,” he gasps.

“Nothing is impossible for the Red Ghost,” you laugh. You float towards him, enjoying his pitiful attempts to wave you away with his arms. With one violent push you force your way into his nose and mouth, diving down towards his lungs. You feel them press violently against you in a desperate bid for air. Harder and harder they push until after one violent shudder they fall still. You sit patiently inside him, ensuring that enough time has passed to prevent recovery. Finally, confident in your victory you make your way back out into the world. The strange being you saw now lies still on the ground, no more special than any other corpse.

Hours later, you sit one of the rooms of Doom's castle, already having informed him of your victory. Masters stands over a table, peering down at a sculpture of clay. You have to admire his skill, whatever else he may be he has talent as a sculptor. “Are you sure about this, friend,” he asks you.

“Doom said it should be so,” you reply. Inwardly you reflect on your lack of faith for this part of the plan. It seems like an illogical move. However, you can't help but be curious about the experience. What better way to find the weakness of a potential enemy than to be one of his victims? And if he tries to abuse his power... Well, no man has a stronger will than Igor Kragoff.

“You will feel a strange sensation in your mind,” he informs you. “Don't try to fight it, you'll only get a headache?”

“Why would I fight it?” you grin. You don't tell him that if you fought it his control would be broken in an instant. He gives you a final nod as he completes his creation. One moment everything is normal, the next it is not. Your mind feels caged, as if caught in a steel trap.

“Do you feel it?” The voice is loud. Powerful. Impossible to ignore. “My presence in your mind?”

“Yes... master...” Your voice sounds without your thought. You can do nothing but submit to the power of your master's will.

“diqnol.” The voice sounds like thunder in your mind. “I want you to focus on diqnol.”

“Yes... master...”

You killed CCKeane. You have been controlled.
- You must vote for diqnol before the end of the day
- You may only vote for diqnol today
- You can not reveal that you are being controlled while controlled
- You can not confirm the existence of a controller while controlled

N2

quote:

Rarity wrote on Feb 8, 2015 05:47:
“I don't like this plan,” your companion says to you as you wait in a room in the depths of Attilan. “It's too risky.”

“You're not being used enough, you mean,” you reinterpret, not letting a smirk show on his face. So wrapped up in his own genius. Did he not see that no paste could hold a man who can turn to gas at will? Your day under Masters's control had been... disconcerting, but there was nothing Petruski could ever do to you.

“My paste is indestructible. Send me against the Fantastic Four right now and we can end this.”

“If you can defeat the Fantastic Four solo,” you reply with a grin, “Why have you never done so?” You wait for his retort, excited to hear his excuse. Unfortunately, before it can come the conversation interrupted by a man opening the door. He is short, clad in a green tunic and white leggings. His eyes dart between you and Petruski furiously. “Comrade,” you say, “It appears we have found ourselves a rat.”

“I guess he shouldn't have wandered into the maze,” Petruski replies. The man launches himself towards you, faster than you can think. A roundhouse calf kick drops you to the floor before you can react. He spins around and catches Petruski's neck with a vicious karate chop.

“You would come at me?” he challenges. “Come at our people?” He jumps towards you and sends you sprawling with a kick to the sternum. Turning back to Petruski he raises his hand to deliver a finishing blow but your ally has managed to get his paste gun out. He squeezes the trigger and a thick glob of paste glues your foe to the wall. He pulls with all his might, trying to free himself from the trap but his struggles get him nowhere. You grin at the look of shock that passes over his face as Petruski finishes the job by gluing the rest of his limbs to the wall.

“I told you, Ghost,” he says, “Nothing that lives can break through my special paste. You would do well to remember that.”

“Impressive, comrade,” you praise falsely. Reaching into your boiler suit, you take out the weapon that you brought with you. “I have a gun of my own,” you add, “Although mine is a little more finite.” You pull back the safety and point it directly at your foe. You leer as a loud shot rings out followed by a shriek of pain. Your foe slumps back against the wall, a pool of red staining the green.

You are no longer controlled. You killed diqnol.
- You may now discuss any details of being controlled that you wish

N3

quote:

Rarity wrote on Feb 12, 2015 03:24:
You are slowly becoming familiar with the corridors of Attilan. You flow through them on a breeze, silently passing Inhumans who note no signs of your presence. You pass the room you visited just the previous night, now watched by two men standing in mourning. However, your goal tonight is different. Tonight you search for someone of far higher profile.

His quarters are not hard to find. Luxury is to be expected with certain stations. You glide past the guards at the door and into the chambers beyond. The King of the Inhumans sits pensively, turning over a piece of Petruski's paste in his hands. His head whips round like lightning. Impossible! No one can sense your presence when you are gaseous. Yet somehow his eyes are locked on you and his lip is curling. You barely have time to react before his mouth opens and he unleashes the merest whisper.

Wind tears at your form, threatening to scatter your particles. It takes every fibre of your being to hold them together under the force of his voice. The back wall explodes outwards at the force. You hear yells as the guards rush into the room, heads turning about wildly in search of the intrusion. There is no more time. You did not want to take this risk but you have no other choice. Willing yourself into one violent burst, you rush into Black Bolt's mouth and down into his lungs.

The air burns like fire. This is the source, the power of his voice. Unending torrents of energy sear through you. You howl in desperation and pain, forcing yourself to remain while you choke him to death. And then it is Black Bolt who howls, loud as an explosion. You feel his body collapse and fall to the ground. The energy goes weak, your pain subsides. With a sigh of relief, you back out into the air and flee through the night sky. Behind you, the wreckage of what was once Attilan crumbles.

You killed Epsilon Plus.

N4 -- Note that this one had extra revealing stuff due to CPig's role cop on this night.

quote:

Rarity wrote on Feb 15, 2015 07:44:
The home of the Watcher would be enough to unsettle an ordinary man. He would run in terror, fearing for his sanity. However, you are no ordinary man. It did not faze you the first time, it will hardly do so this time. You walk through the building with confidence, knowing exactly where will you find your unknowing host. You reach the doorway through which he lies and hide to one side. Peeking around, you take a good look. He is fixated on the Earth hanging in the sky. For a moment you wonder what it is that he sees but push such questions aside. All that matters is your mission. “It's been a while,” you gloat quietly, “Bet you thought you'd never have to worry about me again. It's only right I should be the one to bring you death.” You set yourself, tensing up to make your move.

“Wha-?”

A creature stands before you. You would think it was a bulldog if not for its size. Its body is covered in brown fur, long jowels run down the side of its giant face. It's only when it starts to glow that you notice the small antenna sticking out of its forehead. You brush the snow out of your face, pulling your body tight to protect yourself from the cold wind. The creature stares back at you impassively. No, this could never be a bulldog. There is too much intelligence behind those eyes.

...Snow?

You look at your surroundings in shock. White plains stretch out in every direction, the horizon obscured by the fog of a blizzard. “How did you-?” You cannot finish your sentence. Your mind still struggles to connect the logic. The creature hasn't moved. Shaking your head you make a decision. “Fine,” you snarl, “I was sent to kill one target but another will suffice.” You take one step forward but as you do the creature blinks out of existence. You are alone in... Where are you? You sigh. It will be a long journey back to Latveria.

Your night action failed.

N5

quote:

Rarity wrote on Feb 19, 2015 06:20:
Earth hangs low in the sky as you make your way across the Blue Area of the Moon towards the familiar structure in the distance. “You will need to be careful,” you tell Petruski as you walk. “The Watcher's house defends itself.”

“You speak as if I have not been there before,” he snarls, “Or have you forgotten? It was not I who failed my mission last time I was here.” You sneer.

“There were... complications.”

“A dog,” he interprets. “There was a dog.”

You continue to trade muted insults as you complete the journey to your destination. The infernal fool refuses to let go of your failure. As if it did not burn at you enough already. Curse Doom for sending you off with him tonight and curse Petruski more.

You reach the building, turn into the hallway and draw up in shock. The creature stands ahead of you, waiting. Its eyes are locked on you, showing no more than expectancy. It knew you would be here. Just as you knew he would. “You've got the Watcher,” you order Petruski, “This one's mine.” He turns away and sprints away further into the structure. The creature blinks next to you and leaps away. You do not try to fight it, you allow yourself to pulled along for the ride. The air turns biting cold. You are back in the snowfields. Taking in your new surroundings, you throw back your head and laugh.

“You think you can fool me with the same trick twice?” you mock. “You've played your hand, comrade. You can jump around as much as you like, I only need to do one thing.” Its antenna glows and you throw yourself at its leg. “I just need to hold on tight,” you gloat. You arrive in a rocky forest on a steep incline but the sharp jump does not jolt your grip on the creature's ankle.

It jumps away again, over and over, trying to shake you off. Sand, sky, darkness. Heat. Cold. Wet. Through it all you hold fast, refusing to budge. You can sense it is starting to tire, the break between jumps is taking longer. Cold again. You're back in the snowfields. The creature pants hard, it tries to blink again but its antenna just crackles weakly.

“Looks like you've run out of gas,” you say, picking yourself up off the ground. “Do you want to know a secret?” It looks up at you with a weak mewl, barely able to move. “I didn't come for the Watcher. I came for you.” You grin in triumph. It aims at you with one weak swipe of a paw but you shove it aside and advances. “Now I normally do this another way, but I want to make this one special.” You pull out a knife from within your boiler suit. “I think you need the personal touch.”

You slice a clean long cut down the creature's belly, letting its guts spill out. It collapses onto its side, no longer able to move. You stand over it, watching its life fade away. And then you see one final look of awareness in its eyes. The antenna surges into life and the creature disappears. You remain in the snow. It will be another long journey to Doom's castle but this one will be filled with far less regret.

You killed Puntification.

N6

quote:

Rarity wrote on Feb 21, 2015 15:08:
You float towards the Blue Area of the Moon, your spaceship parked well out of distance of your destination. Despite the extra effort it takes to move through the vacuum, you are taking every precaution necessary. Your foe tonight holds more power than any you have faced yet. You don't want him to see you coming. Your vision flickers back towards the Earth. You can see Latveria from here. Doom will be celebrating with a victory feast no doubt. Make no mind that the Fantastic Four are not yet defeated. He doesn't even the feel the need to use his satellites any more. You have learned that Doom is nothing if not presumptuous. Well, let him bask in an unearned victory for now. Soon he will learn that he has been the true pawn in this game.

The journey gets easier as you enter the Blue Area, the air making it easier for you to travel. You see your target ahead, waiting for you. He sits on the ground, legs crossed, expectant of your arrival. Let him watch all he likes, there will be nothing to be seen. Rushing forward, you flood through his mouth, down his windpipe and into his lungs. They are large but it is a simple task to expand your form until you have filled the space. You feel as the Watcher's breathing starts to slow, the lungs beating in harder and harder. You fight back against their pressure, refusing to allow any air to pass you. The Watcher staggers around, lurches forward and collapses on the ground. You wait in the darkness but the body shows no signs of life. Expelling yourself back into the air, you look down in triumph at the body of your enemy. He made it all the way back to his home before dying. A valiant effort. Yet in the end, as with all, he could not stand in the way of the Red Ghost.

You killed mr.capps.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dr. Hurt posted:

By the way kudos to Rarity. The amount of awesome flavor in this game was off the chart. I wanted to stay alive and control more people because it was fun to see what I would get.

That reminds me. Next time I'm going to save all the night action PMs into a google doc for people to read if they want. I thought of that idea too late for this game but I did want to share this one cause I was really pleased with it as a writer.

quote:

All is still on the Blue Area of the Moon. Once again you have come to the home of the Watcher, concerned for his safety. Your heart yearns to be in Attilan, to be with your kin but there is no use for you there. The recovery efforts have started in earnest. The Inhumans still have a chance of pulling together, if the one they look to is willing to take the challenge. There is still hope for your people. That hope is what fills you as you take up your post.

An hour passes in silence. A second follows after. You start to fear that Doom's attentions have fallen elsewhere this night. The sight of a spaceship flying in towards the surface reveals those fears as falsehoods. Doom would never ignore a power such as the Watcher's. Two men leave the ship and make their way towards the building. One looks familiar, clad in a red boiler suit with grey wisps of hair streaking down from behind his ears. The other is unknown, though dressed in a similar suit of purple. You see no need for subterfuge this time. You plant yourself in the front hall and await their arrival.

You hear them before you see them, sniping at each other with muted insults. And then they turn the corner and stand before you, drawing up in shock at the sight. Their reactions trigger faster than you expected.

“You've got the Watcher,” the red man orders, “This one's mine.” The purple man turns aside and sprints away. No! You can't catch both of them! Muttering curses in your mind you weigh up your options. The purple man is an unknown quantity. You don't know the nature of his power. But the man before you... This man is without doubt a killer. You blink next to him and then leap away, returning to the Siberian snowfields. The man looks around at his new surroundings and laughs.

“You think you can fool me with the same trick twice?” he mocks. “You've played your hand, comrade. You can jump around as much as you like, I only need to do one thing.” Thinking of a secluded spot in the Rockies you port away but in the same moment the man clutches at your leg. “I just need to hold on tight,” he gloats. You arrive in the Rockies with the man gripping hold of your ankle.

You jump away again, over and over, trying to shake him off. Desert, mountain, cave. The rim of Yasur. The rocky surface of Enceladus. Three miles deep in the Pacific. Through it all he holds fast, refusing to budge. Your energy runs low, you don't have many more jumps left in you. You return to Siberia, panting hard. You try to blink again but your antenna crackles weakly in response to your thoughts.

“Looks like you've run out of gas,” your enemy says, picking himself up off the ground. “Do you want to know a secret?” All you can do is look up at him. You barely have the energy to move. “I didn't come for the Watcher. I came for you.” He grins at you triumphantly. You strain your muscles but all you can manage is one weak swipe with your paw. He shoves it aside and advances. “Now I normally do this another way, but I want to make this one special.” He pulls out a knife from within his boiler suit. “I think you need the personal touch.”

Pain lances through you, tearing down your belly. You let out a silent howl as you collapse onto your side. The man stands over you, watching the life fade out of you. No. Not like this. This will not be the last sight you ever see. Summoning every ounce of the strength that is quickly fading you throw it all into one last jump.

The air is cool. Bodies surround you. Somewhere far away you hear the sounds of commotion. Is something wrong? Is there trouble? You should face it. You try to stand, try to face the threat but your body is no longer working. Your vision is blurry. Everyone is standing over you. What are they staring at? Can't they just leave you in peace? You are so very tired. You've earned some rest. A familiar face fills your view. Its name is lost to you right now. Why does it frown? You feel a strong hand rub your head. You are too tired to respond. You want to tell it not to be sad. You're here. You're with your family. You're home. With a smile on your face, you rest your head on the ground and drift into darkness.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Great game, Rarity. As always, fantastic flavor.

You aren't allowed to have dogs in your game anymore though, that Lockjaw kill was super duper sad.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i was the only one who believed in meinberg :(
rip meinberg

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Agreed, Rarity does the best flavor, and CPig and KB did a great job as scum this game. There's no way I'd have let Meinberg go over CPig and KB.

And the best thing to come out of the game was scum learning to love the CW superhero shows.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

That is true. We are almost halfway through the Arrow by now and I've already convinced my family to watch the Flash as well.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Dr. Hurt posted:

That is true. We are almost halfway through the Arrow by now and I've already convinced my family to watch the Flash as well.

Seriously, do this. And you may find Cisco/Caitlin bad to start with, especially in their first Arrow appearance. Don't worry, they are the best. Cisco, in particular, is the best.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Somber what the hell hahaha

Great game Rarity!

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Oh noes, we lost. Good job scum. Thanks for the game rarity!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Little Mac posted:

The culmination of a whole game of town lying to itself, over and over and over.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
my plan to get rb'd instead of killed was a success though because of my lies

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Little Mac posted:

Great game Rarity!

Why did you counter-claim me!

I was clearly going down, at least I brought a survivor with me. No regrets.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

mr.capps posted:

my plan to get rb'd instead of killed was a success though because of my lies

No, I'm pretty sure they killed punt over you because he was the doc.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Byers2142 posted:

all part of the plan :smug:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Somberbrero posted:

I don't think you were clearly going down at all! I was playing Town Survivor like I always do but once you're outed it's over so I had to go crazy to try and fail to save myself. Being survivor sucks!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

mr.capps posted:

all part of the plan :smug:

... you make me cry, capps.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You should read the scum doc from that night. We talked about you a lot. We were pretty sure you didn't have a gun, but wanted to make sure we had another day just in case.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Byers2142 posted:

Yeah, the only argument was whether to use the RB on capps just in case, or to use it on Punt to ensure the kill.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, the only argument was whether to use the RB on capps just in case, or to use it on Punt to ensure the kill.

how did you know I was the doc?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

Your posts on the way out were a delight.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Puntification posted:

how did you know I was the doc?

Cpig rolecopped you the night previous.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Your posts on the way out were a delight.

Be honest, this whole game was great to watch in the scumdoc.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Byers2142 posted:

Be honest, this whole game was great to watch in the scumdoc.

So. Much. Fun. :)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I really enjoyed this game.

I am sad I died night 1, but I am glad that I at least messed with some plans by skirting the rules.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Little Mac posted:

I don't think you were clearly going down at all! I was playing Town Survivor like I always do but once you're outed it's over so I had to go crazy to try and fail to save myself. Being survivor sucks!

I really loved your strategy of pretending you'd switched to a Jester :allears:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Meinberg posted:

god DAMNIT meinbergEXAKT

sorry I played like a butthead, townbuddies :)

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Rarity posted:

I really loved your strategy of pretending you'd switched to a Jester :allears:

Yeah, I was trying to hint that I was Impossible Man who switched role and win condition every night and hint that I WAS a survivor but was now a jester and that I was forbidden from outright saying it. The last part was hard to get across and it probably would've never worked anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Little Mac posted:

Yeah, I was trying to hint that I was Impossible Man who switched role and win condition every night and hint that I WAS a survivor but was now a jester and that I was forbidden from outright saying it. The last part was hard to get across and it probably would've never worked anyway.

It took a bit, but I eventually got there. Unfortunately, it was also when I was deep into my mental break, so I didn't care. I was lynching you regardless of what you claimed.

• Locked thread