Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

College Republicans are all wrong in the head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

420DD Butts posted:

lol no one gives a poo poo if you wear a suit to a campus job unless you are interviewing for a prof/research position

Who would waste time getting a suit on to interview to be campus fry cook

I go to the University of Minnesota and only one professor I've had the entire time, who was an old dude who always wore tweed, wore a suit. Even the professors are doing business casual almost all the time. If you're dressed fancier than the professor without a good reason, you've done hosed up.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
my professors all wore tatters with their dicks and cunts out, which i think says more about the state of higher education in this country

Slurin
Jul 17, 2008
I am a coward who makes grandiose claims and then runs away when asked for evidence. Please ignore everything I have to say.

TheJoker138 posted:

I haven't seen this in college, but we had a kid in high school who came every day in a suit. He was a fat republican who would argue that Nixon was the best president. He's a state senator now.

Game plan for life fat and rich

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

TheJoker138 posted:

I haven't seen this in college, but we had a kid in high school who came every day in a suit. He was a fat republican who would argue that Nixon was the best president. He's a state senator now.

I knew this guy in high school, except mine was obsessed with Newt Gingrich.

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

ChrisHansen posted:

There was one business professor at my college who required all of her business students wear sits to class

Easy to see why she's teaching business instead of doing it.

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
Suits are less distracting than showcasing bad tattoos and / or anime themed clothing. College is for adults.

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

Meiers Goldbrick posted:

Suits are less distracting than showcasing bad tattoos and / or anime themed clothing. College is for adults.

Yes, that's the alternative to suits, tattoos and anime shirts.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
clothes in general are for idiots

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

clothes in general are for idiots

A full-torso tattoo of an anime shirt is preferable.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

TheJoker138 posted:

I go to the University of Minnesota and only one professor I've had the entire time, who was an old dude who always wore tweed, wore a suit. Even the professors are doing business casual almost all the time. If you're dressed fancier than the professor without a good reason, you've done hosed up.

I don't think I've ever seen a person in my entire department wear a suit. Dress shirts and slacks are as fancy as it ever gets and usually it's just jeans and a collared t-shirt.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I wouldn't be surprised to see my Korean Cinema professor come in wearing an anime t-shirt, to be totally honest.

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
the MBA people at my school wear suits a lot it seems, although i guess that makes sense.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

TheJoker138 posted:

my Korean Cinema professor

lol

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
i wear suits in class because i teach them, get on my level

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I needed an international film class for my major, and this one seemed like the easiest. The dude literally built his own website for the class because he wasn't satisfied with the basic moodle one the school uses.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Korean cinema is absurdly good, it's not like it's anime or something you retards.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

JebanyPedal posted:

Korean cinema is absurdly good, it's not like it's anime or something you retards.

Yeah, but this dude totally has a shelf full of anime at home. And a body pillow with an anime girl on it. He's also one of the guys who teaches Japanese culture classes, and I would bet anything that in his Japanese film class (which I actually would have taken if it was offered this semester cause Kurosawa is awesome) has AT LEAST one anime in it.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

JebanyPedal posted:

it's pretty similar to japanese movies imo, altho korean cinema borrows from the west more.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

420DD Butts posted:

lol no one gives a poo poo if you wear a suit to a campus job unless you are interviewing for a prof/research position

Who would waste time getting a suit on to interview to be campus fry cook

No retard, the person wearing the suit is a student meeting with a recruiter for a job when the graduate.

PS MBA students do not wear suits on the regular. That's preposterous.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Meiers Goldbrick posted:

It's weird that you think this because it's not true and hasn't been for quite some time now
Maybe you were thinking of grad school?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

lol grad school is for adults good one dude

tons of people go straight from undergrad into grad school, so grad school is for 22 year olds who haven't spent a single day in the outside world

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

nomadologique posted:

lol grad school is for adults good one dude

tons of people go straight from undergrad into grad school, so grad school is for 22 year olds who haven't spent a single day in the outside world

true, but by grad school (also law school, med school, etc) the profs and administration are way more likely to actually hold students to the "we expect you to behave like adults" standard whereas in undergrad they cut the students way more slack because they know they're dealing with a bunch of clueless adolescents who are just doing the next thing society says they're supposed to do after high school

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

profs riffing on undergrads is like the aristocrats

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

proof of concept posted:

true, but by grad school (also law school, med school, etc) the profs and administration are way more likely to actually hold students to the "we expect you to behave like adults" standard whereas in undergrad they cut the students way more slack because they know they're dealing with a bunch of clueless adolescents who are just doing the next thing society says they're supposed to do after high school

lol american uni

i hear you aren't allowed to drink too

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Strategic Tea posted:

lol american uni

DRINKING IN COLLEGE?????

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Strategic Tea posted:

lol american uni

they put these things to open vote, and people actually vote dry

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Arian_Samurai posted:

DRINKING IN COLLEGE?????

well I never!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
No one in my department ever wore a suit, but everyone did wear their sunglasses inside all of the time because we were deep and artsy film students :cool:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

TheJoker138 posted:

Yeah, but this dude totally has a shelf full of anime at home. And a body pillow with an anime girl on it. He's also one of the guys who teaches Japanese culture classes, and I would bet anything that in his Japanese film class (which I actually would have taken if it was offered this semester cause Kurosawa is awesome) has AT LEAST one anime in it.

Well that's beat but Korean cinema still owns.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I had a suit guy named Doug. he was a mondo big college republican who was big into model UN and debate club crap. at one point he tried to start a discussion about how "there's still a lot of controversy on obama's birthplace . . ."

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Strategic Tea posted:

lol wut??

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I had a suit guy named Doug. he was a mondo big college republican who was big into model UN and debate club crap. at one point he tried to start a discussion about how "there's still a lot of controversy on obama's birthplace . . ."

America went through another neurological 9/11 when a Black person got to be President.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

BigBoss posted:

No retard, the person wearing the suit is a student meeting with a recruiter for a job when the graduate.

gay. ludicrously gay

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010

TheJoker138 posted:

I needed an international film class for my major, and this one seemed like the easiest. The dude literally built his own website for the class because he wasn't satisfied with the basic moodle one the school uses.

Lol at idiots who code themselves instead of hiring desperate foreign temp workers to do it for them

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Moridin920 posted:

jesus I really hope not. I just want to wear something comfortable while I'm out for 10 minutes on my day off getting a snack

have you tried a comfortable shirt and pants

adding an extra garment designed to be worn while naked while fully dressed and walking around a store pushing a cart is not any more comfortable than wearing a jacket is. you just want attention, and are gay

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

toggle posted:

wore a suit at my baby's funeral

got some great poon that day let me tell you what. ladies love a man in a suit
to be fair, dead babies are def panty droppers

probably cause the babies weigh so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004