Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

The Repo Man posted:

Glenn has probably been pushing for this for a while. In a surprise twist, he will send everyone home for not knowing how to do a steam punk design. Last set of episodes is the judges doing make ups like last season.

I'd watch more episodes like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Finale tonight. That came up quickish, then again this thread is deader than the last one.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

KungFu Grip posted:

Finale tonight. That came up quickish, then again this thread is deader than the last one.

As long as the young girl wins I'll be happy. Hopefully they don't have to make water proof costumes and we don't have to watch a terrible dance routine.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Ariza posted:

As long as the young girl wins I'll be happy. Hopefully they don't have to make water proof costumes and we don't have to watch a terrible dance routine.

I think the routines are fine, but the filming and editing are just awful.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
I'm watching it.

I think it's just a problem that, it's found a formula for each episode, and it just does that, every time. And we've had many seasons of it

It needs to do something to spice it up, if during all the repeats, they had snuck an episode in from one of the previous seasons, I may not have even noticed. I appreciate the art, I really do and the work that goes into it.

I do like the team challenges, though. You get to see how they work, managing people under them, how they can manage all of these sculpts, projects, ideas, people to form something cohesive.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
I was very pleased that there was no dance number. Although those horns looked fuzzy and not like instruments at all.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I thought this finale was much better than the last one, even though the contestants may not be on the same level. I thought Logan put out the best work by far, and i was a little surprised he didn't win, though Darla also did a really good job. I think Emily was hurt by getting a rather limited genre compared to science fiction and fantasy.
Overall i though this season picked up in the later episodes, and i will continue watching if it goes on.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
I think Logan's, like Glenn said, worked together very strongly. They looked kind if like Saturday morning cartoon characters, and worked cohesively very well, but you could see his application and color wasn't as spot on as Darla's team did. Emilie's was interesting, but I didn't like the glass guy very much. The rest of the characters were all really good.

Darla winning wasn't much of a surprise. She had the best overall fabricator on the show with a really strong team. She is also smart enough to listen to her coach. I was pulling for Logan though. You could see he was kind of crushed when they announced Darla.

Also loooool at the people trying to talk like the Judges. I really liked this finale format and hope they stick with it.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction
Darla was a fair winner, she was solid all season and had the best finale characters for sure. I didn't think Emily's concept of post-apoc wizard of oz came through in the final makeups at all. Like, if she didn't say that's what she was going for I never would have guessed. Logan's was the most team-like of all, since they were wearing those ghostbuster jumpsuits. Not bad but not great.

I think any of the final three could work professionally, which is kind of crazy since Logan has only been doing this for what, a couple years and Emily is like 18.

A satisfactory but not amazing end to a satisfactory but not amazing season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I can't believe season 9 is in July. Might as well see if we can overhaul the op or thread title for whatever Season 9 posts. Or even just as a general "SyFy's Face Off" thread

• Locked thread