Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shortstop
Jul 23, 2007
We'd like $5,000 for 100% of our company. We sell shot glasses glued inside a tumbler to frat boys so they can do jager bombs without banging their teeth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Ever wished you could warm up your jerky while walking around? Well I've got four words for you: Hulk Hogan Meat Shoes.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
Hi I'm Mandingo, and today I'm looking for a 50,000 dollar investment for a 20% stake in my company, Mandingo Dryers.

*Mark can't stop staring at his pants*

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
hi my product is absolute poo poo and i am surprised anyone would want to invest in it but you are going to invest on my terms so 121,291 dollars at 23.12 percent.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Woman: "Hi, I'm X and I made a company that does Y"

Mark: "That seems like a good investment, I'll give you $50.000 for 20%"

Barbara: "Don't listen to Mark, we girls have got to stick together, I'll offer you $20.000 for 40% but I'm a woman, so I understand this market"

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Camoes posted:

Woman: "Hi, I'm X and I made a company that does Y"

Mark: "That seems like a good investment, I'll give you $50.000 for 20%"

Barbara: "Don't listen to Mark, we girls have got to stick together, I'll offer you $20.000 for 40% but I'm a woman, so I understand this market"

FUBU guy: I AM OUT.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Camoes posted:

she's the only shark I don't like

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Someone presenting whatever.

Lori: "I'll put that on QVC and we'll sell millions!" x infinity

I mean, she's right, but it gets kind of boring.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Camoes posted:

Someone presenting whatever.

Lori: "I'll put that on QVC and we'll sell millions!" x infinity

I mean, she's right, but it gets kind of boring.

"The minute you walked in here, I knew this was a winner!"

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

I'm looking for an investment of $50,000 for 69% of the company. I have created a small box that, at any moment, will bring LF back.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

Noyemi K posted:

I can see the market for it, but I have to be passionate about products I invest in, and I'm just not passionate about this, so I'm out.

It's a sponge, but with a smiley face on it!

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
"Our business is called Cupmakes. We started it in 2009 in a small storefront in San Fransisco and we want to take this store nationwide. We now have 3 store between San Fran, Portland and Seattle. It's an artisan cupcake shoppe franchise that we think can be the next Subway. Nothing is more relaxing and fulfilling than the taste and feel of a warm pillowy cupcake straight out of the oven. Our Cupmake artists will allow customers to tell what ingredients they want in their cupcakes, we'll mix them together, and cook them for them on demand while they wait.

We feel $600K in exchange for 25% of the company is a fair value."

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

I'm the guy who has bankrupted his family to fund his terrible invention and I was only put on the show so Kevin can yell at me

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Does this show ever have a middleground between someone with a really dumb idea and no customers asking for way too much money and someone with an already successful product and business just looking for a loan to expand things getting offers of tiny sums in exchange for huge chunks of ownership? The show feels more like a documentary on how easy it is to make money while contributing nothing to the world just by already having money.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
im that violin sound that plays anytime the contestant fucks up

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
"Our product is an Sphincter Sweep. It's a very fine, disposable and soft presoaped and lubricated anal cleansing tool to that gives a fresher and fuller cleaning sensation that soap and water enemas can provide on their own."

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
it's a PILL
that gives WORMS
to EX-GIRLFRIENDS

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

JediTalentAgent posted:

"Our business is called Cupmakes. We started it in 2009 in a small storefront in San Fransisco and we want to take this store nationwide. We now have 3 store between San Fran, Portland and Seattle. It's an artisan cupcake shoppe franchise that we think can be the next Subway. Nothing is more relaxing and fulfilling than the taste and feel of a warm pillowy cupcake straight out of the oven. Our Cupmake artists will allow customers to tell what ingredients they want in their cupcakes, we'll mix them together, and cook them for them on demand while they wait.

We feel $600K in exchange for 25% of the company is a fair value."

"I could hire any loving hipster to make the same Goddamn cupcakes. Why should I waste my time with you? Time is money"

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
"Have you heard of a thing called 'crypto-currency?'"

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
im going to be a professional poster on the internet forums SOmethingawful.com and i will open a poll that lets u indicate your sexual preference for 5 cents, with unlikmited amount of reposts.

I am willing to sell this idea to you for the small price of 50,000 dollars for a 10% stake.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Lets get Kevin O'Leary to join and post on SA

100,000k for a 10% stake in this venture

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Only if he brings along Robert Herjavec to call a hippie loser.

woon socket
Sep 30, 2011

by XyloJW
f

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jan 27, 2015

woon socket 1.0
Jan 27, 2015
b

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jan 27, 2015

spanish woonsocket
Jan 27, 2015

by XyloJW
g

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jan 27, 2015

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

TNG posted:

Only if he brings along Robert Herjavec to call a hippie loser.

What Robert would probably do is spend 100% of his time telling you how Croatian he is

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Noyemi K posted:

What Robert would probably do is spend 100% of his time telling you how Croatian he is

And talking about how his family had such humble begins, then getting all teary eyed.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

I mean I like Robert but he's like that guy you know who happens to have Irish ancestry and won't shut the gently caress up about it

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

"I could hire any loving hipster to make the same Goddamn cupcakes. Why should I waste my time with you? Time is money"

That's true, so that's why our service and branding is the key difference. Starbucks grew from humble beginnings as 'just' a coffee shoppe. We don't just envision this as a company that makes food and provides food service, but we're also working with talented artists in branching out into making our 'brand' the Starbucks of boutique bakeries. Our current japanese-inspired 'ka-why' logo alone shows a large amount of popularity, much like the Starbuck's mermaid. We feel that we can grow an audience of buyers who wouldn't just buy our cupcakes, but with aggressive expansion we could explode our brand into a status symbol that people would desire to buy things like Cupmakes merchandise, items like hats, mugs. In addition, with increased market presence we feel that we'd be able to develop promotional partnerships with film, book, and music entities.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
"I'm here today to promote a device my husband and I have worked on for the last several years. Right now, we're calling it "The C-Cup Maker". Just like the popularity of the K-Cup with its single serving coffee that went from a novelty to the norm, we feel the C-Cups System will revolutionize snacking in the same way.

Basically, it's poised to become the grown-up version of the Easy-Bake Oven: You buy a prefilled C-Cup instant at your local store, put it in the machine, add water and through 3 different types of heating systems and our own patented safe and recyclable C-Cups, you can have a single serving hot brownie, muffin, or cake produced in as little as 5 minutes without the muss and fuss traditional mixing, baking, and turning on the oven. It takes up very little counterspace, very energy efficient compared to an oven, and we already have prototypes of 12 different C-Cup instant mixes that have been cooking as I've been describing it to you.

We'd like $1.5M in exchange for 20% of the business."

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

JediTalentAgent posted:

"I'm here today to promote a device my husband and I have worked on for the last several years. Right now, we're calling it "The C-Cup Maker". Just like the popularity of the K-Cup with its single serving coffee that went from a novelty to the norm, we feel the C-Cups System will revolutionize snacking in the same way.

Basically, it's poised to become the grown-up version of the Easy-Bake Oven: You buy a prefilled C-Cup instant at your local store, put it in the machine, add water and through 3 different types of heating systems and our own patented safe and recyclable C-Cups, you can have a single serving hot brownie, muffin, or cake produced in as little as 5 minutes without the muss and fuss traditional mixing, baking, and turning on the oven. It takes up very little counterspace, very energy efficient compared to an oven, and we already have prototypes of 12 different C-Cup instant mixes that have been cooking as I've been describing it to you.

We'd like $1.5M in exchange for 20% of the business."

I'f like to give you $1.5M for 150% of the business, contingent on taking this to the big bakery goods guys and getting a licensing deal.

SkaAndScreenplays
Dec 11, 2013

by Pragmatica
I am here to present to you my designer makeup line.
"Apheta Mine"

We are seeking a $3,000,000 investment for 41% of the company.

Ampheta Mine is more than mere makeup. It is a powder foundation that comes in several skin tones and 'flavors.'

These flavors could really be explained better as highs.

Ampheta Mine makeups are made from...you guessed it. Powdered amphetamines. Our team of chemists have developed a series of patented analogues for the worlds most popular illicit drugs and converted them into a safe, reliable, and discreet powder form that is water soluble, and can be consumed trans-dermally, sub-lingually, via insufflation or ingestion, as well as intravenously. They are all designed to have no overdose threshold, unreasonably unattainable LD-50, and no contraindications.

Our Gross sales for 6 months of operation are $2,000,000 at an 87% profit margin. Based on customer satisfaction and survey data we project 290% sustainable growth over the course of our next 3 quarters.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
"I'm Karla, and this is my partner, Ted. We're here looking for investors for our awesome and innovative fetish-themed line of funeral goods and services we call "Fifty Shades of Graves". We feel that it's important for people in the alternative lifestyle communities to be able to that lifestyle into unto death.

We feel $75K for a 10% investment in the company is a fair price. To show off our products, I've put Ted into our 'Ramses' set, which is a ball gag, gold-plated chastity belt, and wrapped head to toe in an immobile state. Unlike our normal package, this one has been equipped with a breathing tube... breathing tube... Where is the... oh poo poo! TED?! TED! OH, poo poo!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I'm Jeff Foxworthy and I am OUT. Of the show. I don't even know what I'm doing here.

• Locked thread