Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minimum Syntaxing
Oct 29, 2008

He looks white, but he's the son of a black man!

Mad Monk posted:

There was a Goon on here with a thread about being a glory hole attendant (I guess that's what they are called?). Anyway, that would be a rough one to explain.
Yo anyone got a link to this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Pretty sure explaining most of those jobs to your parent wouldn't really be that hard. Getting them to approve of it would be an entirely different matter.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
The guy who sits in the caboose of a train and shoots people who get too close with rock salt

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
volunteer horse semen collector

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

gary oldmans diary posted:

That's just a hobby though.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

http://www.superiorequinesires.com/

There's loving gold in them thar horse semen!

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I don't think it would be too hard to explain being Johnny Knoxville to your parents.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
The funniest is when you have a p. normal job and old people just don't get it. I was editor of a ring of comedy websites for a while, a full-time, well-paid job. Every time my wife's parents came into town, they asked what I did, then acted baffled at "he runs websites. You know, web...sites? For the Internet... Yes that makes money, now, as it did 20 years ago."

Every... Single... Time

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
Drug Dealer

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
mom, i'm an INTEGRATED PRODUCER!!!!

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
DARE educational horror story

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Professional Patreon Victim

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
BDSM sub

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Dubstep artist

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

Throb Robinson posted:

I delete dicks off the internet all day. Literally I see like 400 different dongs an hour, 6 to 8 hours a day. My mother thinks I code for a living or something.

My friend graduated with a BS in Mathematics from a highly rated state university, with a strong background in programming, and ended up getting a job at Youtube doing this exact same thing. Of course he never actually told his parents the actual description of his job, just that he works for Youtube and all that time and effort and money to get that degree was totally worth it it 'cause YOUTUBE maaaan! That's like Silicon Valley poo poo!

He's actually moved onto some much better, real jobs where he doesn't have to stare at dicks and really hosed up poo poo all day thankfully.

EnabledAssman
Dec 29, 2008
Not necessarily parents but old people. When I told them Spencer Gifts they'd ask what they sold there every time. They don't understand vibrators, snapbacks, and dick shaped cookie cutters either so I just said hats.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

EnabledAssman posted:

Not necessarily parents but old people. When I told them Spencer Gifts they'd ask what they sold there every time. They don't understand vibrators, snapbacks, and dick shaped cookie cutters either so I just said hats.

one day your mom is going to walk up to the counter with a massive horse sized double ender and you'll never talk to your parents again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
whatever the gently caress lowtax does, "yeah mom people pay me so they can post pictures of gaping anuses and make dumb in-jokes"

• Locked thread