Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Markus Mann

Markus cursed in harsh German tones as Christoph chased the horses into the night. He shouted in more German after the Austrian. <"Christoph! Get back! We are not hunting for horses tonight! Stay with your pack!"> The guy didn't look like a Predator King in the making. Perhaps some kind of promise to hunt horses for some spirit? Anyway, it was likely to have cost them a driver already.

He then looked towards the vampire, lowering his intent to kill. They were already going ot Lyon to save a vampire, so working together with one was not out of the question. Particularly when he removed the hated silver from their presence. He followed still. "We are in something of a rush, Corbin. We need to get to Lyon urgently. We were hoping to force one of these to drive us there but...." He looked down at the mangled corpse of the soldier. "that's not happening. If we talk, I would sooner do it in a car, driving to Lyon."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Eleanor Mercer

Really, the Pure was right. There was no time to dawdle. Yet with their other companion chasing after a horse, what choice did they have? Eleanor sighs as she lets the form slip away from her, and shrugs. "The need for urgency is true, but can we find our compatriot before he has finished his kill?" she remarks drily, nodding her head in the direction of Christoph. "Perhaps our new host may tell us something more of what these Jerries were up to - so let us therefore be gracious guests. For a while."

Shifting back to human.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Not gonna lie, I thought I was waiting on someone else to post, and then I look and you've all posted. Derp.

Update coming tonight! Sorry for the derp.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Corbin watches in stoic silence as Christoph darts off after his horses, his face flat and emotionless. He sighs slightly, turning and entering the house and leaving the screen door open. After a moment, he comes back out, holding the door open and beckoning the pack inside. "I pray he does not catch those animals, but, what can you do? It is in your nature, as it is in mine to dine upon the kin." He chuckles, closing the screen door behind him and motioning for the werewolves to have a seat wherever they like; the man's servant lay upon the couch, pale and still but breathing. "I rarely receive guests this far out, save for the resistance. I am thankful you destroyed my captors, and to thank you, I shall offer to you my stores. I have little, being what I am, but I do keep meats, cheeses, wines.. the fare of a man who once knew mortal pleasures."

He smiles wryly at this, before catching glimpse of Alexander upon the couch; his face changes almost immediately, wracked with emotion, and leans down to stroke the unconscious man's hair. "Mssr. Alexander has been with me for so long. He keeps his youth, not as well I, but he is all I have, and I am all HE has." He stands, looking towards the Pure. "Lyon is very far from here, but I and Alexander will drive you. I only ask, if you are going there to lay a strike to this Teutonic scum, I ask that you kill a few of the bastards for me, and for my aide." He looks back down at Alexander and smiles, before walking away. "He will rest, and I will make you tea. The door to the cellar, it is by the front door; please, help yourselves. It will be nice to share it with guests again, as it is only Alexander who ever partakes of my gifts."

True to his word, a moment later Corbin comes by with a steel teapot, heading back outside, likely to access the pump. He pauses at the door to unlock the cellar door and swings it inwards, smiling to the werewolves before stepping back outside. The vampire's home is, oddly, very simple and very plain; the walls are of a pale wood, and the only decoration in the main room is an ancient looking painting of Corbin, in the dress fashion of the 17th century, set above the fireplace. Alexander groans and stirs in his sleep, rolling onto his side on the couch.

I say I'll update 'tonight', and then I get caught up dealing with my house. Seller was trying to rent the place out, even though we close in a few weeks and we're under contract to buy. :psyduck: Sorry guys! I'm back on the ball.

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

It doesn't need to be funny, because it will probably just piss them off
It's okay buddy. You're beautiful and we love you. Now back to murdering farm animals because I know I'd have nothing constructive to contribute to a social scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Eleanor Mercer

"Thank you for you hospitality, sir," Eleanor says as she nods in respect, "and for your aide. But please, while we eat, would you be so kind as to tell us what they did to you? I inspected your still body earlier, and notice that they'd tapped your blood. Learning afterwards that you were a vampire puts that in a different light. What use would they have for such a thing?" Granted, she didn't know much about vampires, but better she learn quickly. Perhaps insights into the Nazi's interest in this Corbin fellow might help them deal with approaching their target in Lyon.

• Locked thread